BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

135i dyno: 279hp/295tq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Spencer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by M5Kid
Very good numbers. That is a great car, especially with the trick differential they're equipped with.
I thought they had open diffs?

Old 03-13-2008, 04:30 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
yeah they do. i don't know what he is talking about. they offer a BMW performance LSD but there isn't really anything special about it, especially considering the cost and the fact that to maintain warranty the dealer has to install it. so all said and done it's like $4500.
Originally Posted by Spencer
I thought they had open diffs?

Old 03-13-2008, 11:19 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
There's an e-Diff on the 1 series. It basically uses the traction control, but doesn't cut the power when it stops the spinning wheel.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:03 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by aus
There's an e-Diff on the 1 series. It basically uses the traction control, but doesn't cut the power when it stops the spinning wheel.
yeah i don't care what they say. those things DO NOT drive like a car with a true LSD. if they did, they would not bother selling an LSD.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:02 PM
ClayMan has a spectacular aura aboutClayMan has a spectacular aura about
Nothing beats the real thing.
The 135 is gonna be a beast though - LSD or not.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:48 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
An ugly beast...

Old 03-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Spencer is infamous around these parts
So, are these things in the US, at dealers yet? I have yet to see one.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:22 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
A local dealer told me they have one now and it's available to drive/demo tomorrow. So I guess?

Old 03-14-2008, 05:35 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
yeah i don't care what they say. those things DO NOT drive like a car with a true LSD. if they did, they would not bother selling an LSD.
No one said it's going to be as good as a real LSD.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:11 PM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WyattH
An ugly beast...
Have you seen it in person? I saw it at the auto show and think it looks much better in real life.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:19 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Fast little car, maybe with mods it can be a fun toy, I think we get spoiled with all the mods we make on the 996TT or 997TT, hard to beat that feeling

Old 03-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Banned
KingMotor is infamous around these parts
how much is it?

Old 03-15-2008, 12:35 PM
TiAg///M3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KingMotor
how much is it?
I think the price for a base model 135i starts at around 35k. Might pick one up in a couple of years after the bugs get worked out.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:36 PM
TiAg///M3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by contigo
Fast little car, maybe with mods it can be a fun toy, I think we get spoiled with all the mods we make on the 996TT or 997TT, hard to beat that feeling

I think this car will be eating the new M3 for breakfast with some software. I'm sure the aftermarket will pick up pretty quickly for this car.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:36 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TiAg///M3
I think this car will be eating the new M3 for breakfast with some software. I'm sure the aftermarket will pick up pretty quickly for this car.
+1...the 335s are aready with coilovers and a flash are pretty much right there. btw, im loving the new m3, but the 135 tii when it comes out will be the most hardcore car bmw has, m3 is def not it, but its good at what it is.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 135i dyno: 279hp/295tq