BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M3 coming in two weeks (exhaust help)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:51 PM
markusbob1 is infamous around these parts
M3 coming in two weeks (exhaust help)

What's up guys

Noob here looking to get Porsche owners perspective on exhaust systems for the new M3. My E92 M3 will be here in a couple weeks. There was a bit of a delay because I ordered DCT. The wait time has been killing me. It seems like the Eisenman muffler will be the hot one. Does anybody have this exhaust already?

it sure looks nice

link to photos of the system http://www.ind-distribution.com/deta...make=44&part=1

Old 03-17-2008, 10:30 PM
TYE
TYE is infamous around these parts
Eisenman is a nice choice, though I dont believe it has been released yet, but should be shortly. Another nice choice is the ericsson.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:50 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
^ +1

Damn that thing is a work of art.

But you can't go wrong with Eisenmann. Though I heard something about Eisenhaus going ****, so make sure you order from the new NA distributor.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Gusagain is infamous around these parts
Your best bet might be to sit on it awhile to wait for an exhaust setup that removes some of the cats.
That is a sick looking exhaust tho

Old 03-18-2008, 09:21 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WyattH
^ +1

Damn that thing is a work of art.

But you can't go wrong with Eisenmann. Though I heard something about Eisenhaus going ****, so make sure you order from the new NA distributor.
Looks like it's gonna be screamming loud tho.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:33 AM
mchctsV is infamous around these parts
and screaming expensive$$$

Old 03-18-2008, 11:14 AM
carbonbmw is infamous around these parts
That is not a pic of an ericsson exhaust. Ericsson only makes the body kit for the e92 m3 which is supposed to save like 300 plus Lbs on the car. The body kit has a retail price of 50k so I think no one in the USA will buy it. That exhaust pictured is the amuse powerhouse exhaust. that exhaust alone is 9k.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
Even making everything out of CF, i think it will be hard to shed 300lbs from a car with body panels only.

Also, make sure you contact Eisenmann directly and ask who to order from. There was an issue with Eisenhaus making fake exhausts.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:13 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Give the stock setup a few thousand miles first. I thought it sounded great (yeah, a little tame maybe), but the tone and presence was there. If you're not satisfied after a few months, there will be more options available then now.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:35 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carbonbmw
That is not a pic of an ericsson exhaust. Ericsson only makes the body kit for the e92 m3 which is supposed to save like 300 plus Lbs on the car. The body kit has a retail price of 50k so I think no one in the USA will buy it. That exhaust pictured is the amuse powerhouse exhaust. that exhaust alone is 9k.
Wrong actually...

Ericsson IS AMUSE. It is their "euro" line if you will. So the exhaust is technically Ericsson. But you are close on the price - the catback/rear section is 6,500 while the full headers back is about 10,000.

As for the kit - i heard that it will become avial. in other materials to cut the cost drastically for the US market....but will still be pricey im sure.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:50 PM
KeyserSoze is infamous around these parts
I didn't realize DCT M3s were being produced so soon, I thought it would be next model year. If your car is coming in a few weeks is it already on the boat?

Old 03-18-2008, 03:31 PM
carbonbmw is infamous around these parts
header back on the amuse is 9k I tried buying it last week, and the body kit in CF is 50k.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:14 PM
TYE
TYE is infamous around these parts
The reason the body kit costs that much is look at the stock price of the m3 in Japan, so they priced it according to that market. It is all a test run for them to test the market and demand in Japan. So if you want it now, you will pay that price. They do plan on offereing it in other materials to be able to price it for the US market, its just going to take time.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

The Amuse was very pricey. I ended up ordering an Eisenmann Race with 4x83 tips from www.eisenmann-na.com Nate told me my exhaust will be here in 3 weeks. More waiting I'll post pics when my new baby gets here.

Last edited by markusbob1; 03-18-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
I didn't realize DCT M3s were being produced so soon, I thought it would be next model year. If your car is coming in a few weeks is it already on the boat?
My new baby is on the boat. Check out this link March M-DCT Delivery roll call ... http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125905

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 coming in two weeks (exhaust help)