BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

? about the Dinan ecu reflash 335

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Kelton33 is infamous around these parts
? about the Dinan ecu reflash 335

I have not seen many post with 335's getting this flash to compare to others. This is my first BMW and I like the fact that it will not void the warranty but is that the reason they are charging such a high price for it? Warranty is nice but I also like best bang for your buck. I would like to get the most HP out of a chip/flash but still be safe on the car.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
1. Dinan is a ripoff.
2. No such thing as more hp and safe
3. Go for the Fabspeed/PES Tuning piggyback unit.
4. Welcome to 6speed.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:03 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
They are charing for the name, reliability and warranty. These are all great things, but it is up to you if its worth the price. Me personally its not, but I work at a Dinan Dealer (BMW Dealer) and we sell a ton of it so they must be doing somthing right
Evan

Old 03-24-2008, 01:05 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NoRoom4Error
1. Dinan is a ripoff.
2. No such thing as more hp and safe
3. Go for the Fabspeed/PES Tuning piggyback unit.
4. Welcome to 6speed.
+1...my fabspeed/pes unit is great!

Old 03-24-2008, 05:41 PM
rooster3.0 is infamous around these parts
You can only get the dinan software if you have the external oil cooler. Also, the warranty isn't as cut and dry as you'd think. I personally use the Vishnu Procede V2. There are a bunch of good products out there for the 335. You should look in to them to see what really suits your needs. There's vishnu, pes, bms, helix, AA, Rd sport and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Are you the type to fine tune your car or would you rather set it and forget it? Will you do any future mods? All these should be considered when selecting which tune to go with.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:05 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
You lose your BMW warranty with the flash... and HOPE Dinan will pick up the warranty.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by aus
You lose your BMW warranty with the flash... and HOPE Dinan will pick up the warranty.
If it is BMW doing the flash and you can order the car from BMW new with the Dinan flash, then why would they not honor the warranty? I know the warranty is only 4 years or 50000 miles with the flash.

I guess I should ask this diffrently. If the price was not so much compared to other ECU flashes or chips, how do you think it compares to the other top chips? Reason I ask is, I may be able to have it installed on my car for free at no charge. I would go with other chip if I had to pay full price for it.

Has anyone run one on a dyno to see what the rwhp was or tested it at the track 1/4 mile time? 60 foot?

Old 03-24-2008, 09:16 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
There are a couple dyno's on E90post.
BMW and Dinan do not have a working relationship anymore, probably since BMW is coming out with "Performance" parts. The warranty was always picked up by Dinan. The one advantage of the flash seems to be they increased the flow of the water pump to help with cooling.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:43 PM
I had the Dinan ecu flash put on the car today. I ended up getting it for free so that is the main reason I went with it. I am going to get it Dynoed next week just to see what it is putting to the ground. Will post update after.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Wolf is infamous around these parts
As others have said, Dinan is overpriced but you are paying the extra $ in the hope that warranty work will be covered. There are lots of other tuning options out there. Others have already posted about Procede and Fabspeed. You may also want to consider SSTT (split second turbo tuner by Eurobahn - http://www.eurobahn.us/eurobahn.html) and Juice Box (http://burgertuning.com/).

I have the SSTT and like it for ease of installation but it doesn't provide as much power as some of the others and has a bit of a flat spot around 5.5K rpm. I was willing to take less power for the ease of install / removal when I have to take it in for servicing. I'm no expert on whether or not it can be detected once removed. Some say yes, some say no so you have to decide if the risk is acceptable for you if you decide to modify using any of the tunes, including Dinan.

Have fun choosing!

Old 03-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Loose is infamous around these parts
I just drove a car with the juice box. Very fast and stock drivability.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:41 PM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
I drove the OP's car today and the Dinan flash made a huge difference. The pull is very clean from start to redline. I will be taking the ride to the dyno with him next week and I am sure he will let you guys know the numbers. Any predictions on his numbers?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by aus
You don't automatically loose the BMW warranty with the flash. Legally, BMW has to prove that your upgrades caused the failure in order to not honor warranty. Furthermore, I've never heard of Steve Dinan or his company screwing anybody out of warranty claims. What experiences do you have to validate your comments?

Old 03-27-2008, 09:42 PM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
I Just did the Dinan flash yesterday...I think it is well worth the money!! Exhaust goes on next week.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:47 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Bang for your buck and ease of installation is the Split Second Turbo Tuner http://www.eurobahn.us/eurobahn.html Several dealers out here sell it. Plus, Brecht uses it on their race car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ? about the Dinan ecu reflash 335