BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

550i Owners...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
i think the 550 with the refreshed LEd rear lights with aerokit and slammed on some dished 20s looks amazing, but at that pricepoint, couldn't you actually get a nicely used m5?

i'd much rather have a 550 v. 535. not big on chipping and losing factory warranty.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Boardman is infamous around these parts
Is it not true that if you chip with Dinan (and get it done by BMW) its factory covered?

Old 04-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by Boardman
Is it not true that if you chip with Dinan (and get it done by BMW) its factory covered?
You can get a Dinan ECU done by the dealer but the Engine is no longer covered by BMW. Dinan actually covers it themselves and matches the factory warranty (4years/50k miles) . So to answer your question yes you can get a warranty but not the BMW warranty. But your Free scheduled maintenance plan still stays in effect so Brakes , Oil Changes , Rotors whatever else is still covered by BMW.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
i think the 550 with the refreshed LEd rear lights with aerokit and slammed on some dished 20s looks amazing, but at that pricepoint, couldn't you actually get a nicely used m5?

i'd much rather have a 550 v. 535. not big on chipping and losing factory warranty.

I agree. As far as M5 goes no. I can get cars from Manhiem and the price for a 550 is about 38-42 (for a low mile one) and M5's go for 45-55 (50-55 being a low mile and average ones). Only downfall to this 550 thread is the fact that i think the new bodystyle will be coming out soon.....aaaaaaaaaah

Old 04-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jmoney
You can get a Dinan ECU done by the dealer but the Engine is no longer covered by BMW. Dinan actually covers it themselves and matches the factory warranty (4years/50k miles) . So to answer your question yes you can get a warranty but not the BMW warranty. But your Free scheduled maintenance plan still stays in effect so Brakes , Oil Changes , Rotors whatever else is still covered by BMW.

Very true. Only bad thing is if you wanted to get a 100k warrenty i dont THINK BMW would let you...i could be wrong.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:50 AM
bchang is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
Very true. Only bad thing is if you wanted to get a 100k warrenty i dont THINK BMW would let you...i could be wrong.
Considering all the mods you want to do to your 535 which will end up being big $$$ anyways, I'd rather get a used M5.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:36 AM
SpinFin is infamous around these parts
I can't justify having a TT inline 6 in a 5 series body. V8 for me, it feels great, and doesn't get that bad of gas mileage for being a V8 in the end if you drive "normally" without romping on the gas in every straight. Very comfortable driving and excellent feeling overall. This is coming from a 545i sport package perspective. So I would say, 550