BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Caliper Painting... Cool or Tacky?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by epbrown01
You don't need aftermarket brakes unless you're planning to track the car, and it'd be a waste to get Brembos simply so you can paint your brake calipers without a bunch of net-cranks calling you out.
i am guessing you painted yours?
oh please, you can bash on any mods out there.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:43 PM
M3This has a spectacular aura aboutM3This has a spectacular aura aboutM3This has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Enilder
oh please, you can bash on any mods out there.
He is right thou. Unless you track your car your factory brakes are 100% capable. BBK are just a dress up item for 90% of the cars they go on.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M3This
He is right thou. Unless you track your car your factory brakes are 100% capable. BBK are just a dress up item for 90% of the cars they go on.
thats like saying dont go for aftermarket body kit unless it's a show car or whatever.
but i agree, stock brakes do the job and a car is just a car. it takes you to point A to point B.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:03 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I was thinking of doing the calipers on the M6 in red. and putting white BMW Performance logos on them. They look like crap as is and its not like they are small brakes like on a civic or something. The factory M6 Brakes are big. (BTW the car is Alpine White w/ Black Leather with red alcantera inserts )
Here is my buddies white M6 next to my tt. The picture isn't that good, but you can get an idea. He had it powder coated in red, got BMW Motorsport stickers applied on them, and then clear coated over it. I think it looks good. You just have to get it done right.

Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Here is my buddies white M6 next to my tt. The picture isn't that good, but you can get an idea. He had it powder coated in red, got BMW Motorsport stickers applied on them, and then clear coated over it. I think it looks good. You just have to get it done right.
a close up would be nice.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:34 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
a close up would be nice.
I'll get you guys a close up in the next couple days.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:56 AM
epbrown01 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Enilder
You must be an excellent judge of people - on your own planet. Nope, mine are still the original color. I'll likely powdercoat mine silver down the line, to keep them from looking rusty as time passes, and because I think it would look better with my black on black M Coupe.

If mine were red on red like his, I'd have them powerdercoated red with the BMW lettering stenciled on in black, and probably paint the rims black with red Time Attack lines, ala stephenti's original look.

Last edited by epbrown01; 04-25-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:03 PM
M3This has a spectacular aura aboutM3This has a spectacular aura aboutM3This has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Oh nice .... they look better then I thought

Old 04-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Oh nice .... they look better then I thought
Here you go guys.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:03 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
M5/M6 caliper looks different than the rest of the BMW cars. though still ugly but they're on the better side...

Old 04-25-2008, 08:52 PM
GotYa! is infamous around these partsGotYa! is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 20C4S
M5/M6 caliper looks different than the rest of the BMW cars. though still ugly but they're on the better side...
Thanks. I'm glad my car is on the better side. Ya I agree with you, M6 calipers are so so. Figured powder coating was better than 5k+ for brembos since the car will probably never see a track.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:18 PM
3BE
3BE is infamous around these parts
Big no no. Its only ok if you want to paint them black but I believe yours already are.