BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

my new 645, with pix, and write-up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
Great car. Congrats. One thing you forgot is that on the 645's there is no BLACK interior, the seats are black but the dash-board and door plastic is dark gray which i hate. The 650's 06 was the first year BMW brought the black interior.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:42 PM
crosvs is infamous around these parts
Great car. Congrats.
Thank you!

One thing you forgot is that on the 645's there is no BLACK interior, the seats are black but the dash-board and door plastic is dark gray which i hate.
I didn't forget, I just didn't make the distinction. If someone asks me what color my car's interior is, I'm going to just be parsimonious and say "black," which, generally, it is.

That said, I actually really LOVE the subtle 2-tone look of the black/dark gray. I'm actually surprised/disappointed they got rid of it, along with the haptic (force feedback) of the iDrive.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
Did you ever think about getting an M6?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:12 PM
hotsauce is infamous around these parts
Perhaps the 6 just seems so great because you're comparing it to the Rustang

Old 05-06-2008, 12:03 AM
crosvs is infamous around these parts
Perhaps the 6 just seems so great because you're comparing it to the Rustang
haha nice. first, i haven't driven the mustang since 2004. it's just been chillin. second, it's not just any mustang lol. i've spent a lot of blood sweat and tears on that thing. even one of my ex-gfs -- a PERSIAN girl from LA no less -- was sad when i parked the thing to pick up the X5 back in 2004. that's sayin a lot if you know persian girls lol.

anywya: that mustang is still the FUNNEST car i've ever driven. you know why? it's got SOUL. and SPIRIT. And it's just an ENGINE. a TRANSMISSION. and FOUR WHEELS lol. no ABS. no auto transmission. no stability control electronic crap. NOTHING. It's JUST a CAR lol. Sure it only hits 60 in about 7 seconds lol. But the noise it makes. the tossability of it's track-tuned (more or less lol) suspension. It's SOUL is just ..... i love that car it's really my baby and i don't thinjk i'll EVER part wit her. hell. i remember driving down sunset blvd near UCLA and getting thumbs-up from guys in BMWs. People really love what i've done to the car, very subtle: some lowering; deleted all badges; deleted the rear wing; it's very clean, dare i say almost elegant looking.

that said, no, i'm comparing the 6 to my last car, an E46 M3 cabrio. also to my dad's 996 4S. and his 997S. different friends' various mercedes that i've driven. and an M5. And my buddy's M6 that I had for 2 days.

now it's true, for a pure sports car, the 997S is the best car i've ever driven. absolutely brilliant.

but i didn't want a sports car lol. i wanted a GT-sorta car. hence, the 6.

The M5 is of cousre brilliant, if i didn't mind foregoing a convertible. an m6 would be ideal, at least in convertible trim, if i had the $$ -- still a student here!!

so excluding cars that are out of my price point -- remember i got this 6 thanks to lemon law buyback of my M3 -- yes this really is the greatest car i've driven and certainly the greatest that i've owned.

point? i couldn't be happier for the time being

Last edited by crosvs; 05-06-2008 at 12:10 AM.