BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Sum of my White / Black toys....Japanese and German

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:27 PM
cleanme is infamous around these parts
Whooooooah, love the massive brakes on the M3! What size? By any chance do you have pictures of the brakes by themselves or compared against something for size? They look huge. You should see what your 60mph-0 stopping distance is.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:03 AM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cleanme
Whooooooah, love the massive brakes on the M3! What size? By any chance do you have pictures of the brakes by themselves or compared against something for size? They look huge. You should see what your 60mph-0 stopping distance is.
here is a few pics of the brakes...I don't think it really decreases stopping distances that much but they do sure look nice on the m3!

Last edited by s4play; 07-16-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:58 AM
CKFlyin is infamous around these parts
Absolutely beautiful toys...that white NSX is pretty rare I would imagine

Old 07-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Stussyhb is infamous around these parts
Nsx

Old 07-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Russkiy_M3 is infamous around these parts
Did you get rid of the GT3?

I remember a thread you made when you first picked it up with pix, that was a sick car.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:51 AM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Russkiy_M3
Did you get rid of the GT3?

I remember a thread you made when you first picked it up with pix, that was a sick car.
If you look at my sig, it shows *SOLD Yes I sold that car to get the NSX as a rare low mileage white car does not show up everyday on the market.

thanks for the words guys, I have a lot of mods planned for the NSX. Still love my m3 but find less and less time to drive it these days.

rick

Old 07-08-2008, 10:16 AM
AirMax95 is infamous around these parts
Nice toys indeed!!!!

Esp the NSX......

Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
The comment by BD 997 is accurate. Granted I have not encountered an turbo'ed earlier Audi S4's.
A naturally aspirated S4 even with mods has not presented a challenge to the E60 M5 that I own.

Additionally the B7 RS4 provides NO threat to the E60 M5. I have one and it is a nice car but as said already, it is no threat. Locally the Active Autowerke SC'ed E46 M3 would consistently "eat my lunch" on every run.

The RS4 is nice but the 420 bhp engine is not menacing or a serious concern. The weight of the car does not help.

Cheers,
Ranger

Old 07-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Russkiy_M3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by s4play
If you look at my sig, it shows *SOLD Yes I sold that car to get the NSX as a rare low mileage white car does not show up everyday on the market.

thanks for the words guys, I have a lot of mods planned for the NSX. Still love my m3 but find less and less time to drive it these days.

rick
No where in your sig does the word "Sold" appear. Needs edit.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Russkiy_M3
No where in your sig does the word "Sold" appear. Needs edit.
thanks for reminder, I have it listed on another site so just edited

rk

Old 07-10-2008, 12:57 PM
ksxxsk is infamous around these parts
You sold the GT3 for an NSX? Nice. I would have gladly traded you straight up.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:23 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ksxxsk
You sold the GT3 for an NSX?
Probably bought the GT3 to "photoshoot" it and got rid of it once payment #1 hit

Old 07-15-2008, 11:59 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Nice bike. Very purposeful looking! I remember some good vids of a highly modded, blown viper racing three levels of tuned Busa's in Mexico. I think he walked on the first, move stock bike, modestly pulled the second and got whupped by the last one.
How fast are they relative to cars you have run with?

Old 07-16-2008, 12:21 AM
The Hayabusa is like the Mercedes Benz of crotch rockets in how solid and safe you feel on this bike. You would think a 200 mph bike would be unsafe and nothing is further from the truth. It clearly weighs more than my R1 and pulls harder than my friend's GSXR.

On the bay area bridges, it's rock solid and does not get affected by cross winds and just feels solid. As speed builds it tracks extremely straight and very stable. Once I tuck behind the windshield, the world just becomes a blur as trees fly by disturbingly fast. It's quite an illusion in terms of speed. For those who don't ride, 80mph sounds fast but 100 mph cruising on this bike feels like 50 mph.

None of my cars are fast enough to keep up with this bike. You would need a FAST Viper or a CGT to stay with this bike on straights. I don't track this bike nor do I possess the skill to race this thing on a track but I'm sure a skilled driver in a GT3 can give this Busa' a good race if both driver's are equally matched.

I bought this bike for a daily commuter and even do my occasional quick grocery run for milk, etc on this thing. I get 42mpg if I don't get throttle happy and I love how the bike complements my NSX in terms of color

rk
Since this is a BMW section thought I'll post my 2 favorite angles for the m3

Last edited by s4play; 07-16-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:17 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Nice, thanks for the reply.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sum of my White / Black toys....Japanese and German