BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

E92 M3 with MDCT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 01:28 PM
euroaaron12 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
the review i read on mdct said it was a laggy transmission (as in lag between pulling the lever and actually shifting). they really didnt seem to be fans of it, but then again, i guess not everything can be as good as Porsche's PDK.
dude stop hating on everything that isnt a porsche. your the biggest porsche ***** ive seen that doesnt even own one.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:29 PM
mchctsV is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by euroaaron12
dude stop hating on everything that isnt a porsche. your the biggest porsche ***** ive seen that doesnt even own one.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:53 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
thats funny, becuase if you were to look at my sig youd see i have a cayman s. youre always cool on m3f (always saying how much u liked me set up, etc), all of a sudden i post something about how the dct is laggy (true fact), and you get all upset. enjoy your z4m

Last edited by PorscheC4; 06-30-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:27 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ngoldrich
aus, thanks.

Did you have it set o the fastest shifting M mode?

I am assuming like SMG it has different shift speeds.

Also does it shift slower during break-in?

A year ago I test drove a brand new M6 with SMG and it shifted extremely slow.
I drove it with a friend that had an SMG M5 and he said it was way slower than his M5 even though it was set in the fastest mode.

Norm
I had it in S5 during the drive. Again, it wasn't the speed of the shift, just how fast the gearbox responded to the paddle pull. It was definitely a longer delay than my Step in the 335. I was a little dissapointed in the delay, but the shifts were very smooth. I had to shift about 1,000 RPM before I wanted the actual gear change to occur because of the combination of that awesome engine that just revs and the slight delay in the gear change from the time I pulled the paddle. This is just my impression.

I still love the car. It took a right hand turn without any drama that had the DTC activated in a 135 that I also good took that day.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
thats funny, becuase if you were to look at my sig youd see i have a cayman s. youre always cool on m3f (always saying how much u liked me set up, etc), all of a sudden i post something about how the dct is laggy (true fact), and you get all upset. enjoy your z4m
did not see the cayman you recently bought sorry. i dont really care about DCT. but seriously most of your posts around here are you prasing prosche for there enginnering. you rat on BMW and say prosche is better. well you dont have to point out he obvious. i love BMWs (as i do porsches). but i dont go ranting on about how BMW is the best automobile in the world. you sound like a damn saleman. something you would say:

The 135 is light and nimble but it does not match the handling capabilities of a GT3

Old 07-01-2008, 11:27 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
did not see the cayman you recently bought sorry. i dont really care about DCT. but seriously most of your posts around here are you prasing prosche for there enginnering. you rat on BMW and say prosche is better. well you dont have to point out he obvious. i love BMWs (as i do porsches). but i dont go ranting on about how BMW is the best automobile in the world. you sound like a damn saleman. something you would say:

The 135 is light and nimble but it does not match the handling capabilities of a GT3
its cool man. were good.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:00 PM
didnt mean to come off as an ***. just kinda ranting like crazy.

i saw the pics of your cayman. sweet color. now lets race

Old 07-01-2008, 07:36 PM
didnt mean to come off as an ***. just kinda ranting like crazy.

i saw the pics of your cayman. sweet color. now lets race
i didnt mean to come off as an *** either. thanks, i love the cobalt blue. any time u wanna race, let me know! mine shouldnt be stock for too long.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:29 PM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
if any one thinks there is a lag, they do not know how to drive it, and there CERTAINLY isnt any lag in the 6 speed, you know, like the time when you press in the pedal, move the lever, then release the pedal? no lag at all

Old 07-03-2008, 10:02 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 12:03
if any one thinks there is a lag, they do not know how to drive it, and there CERTAINLY isnt any lag in the 6 speed, you know, like the time when you press in the pedal, move the lever, then release the pedal? no lag at all
This thread is about the DCT. NO ONE said anything about the engine having lag or any delay.