BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My 335i's warranty has been voided. Need Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:11 AM
boogie is infamous around these parts
My 335i's warranty has been voided. Need Help

Just wanted to share and would be great to hear some advices. Anyways, I have chipped my car with AA for almost a year. The car was running great for about six months. Then when summer came around, everytime I go over 60mph "Engine Malfunction" pops up all the time. Thus I haven't been able to go fast.

Just a week ago I took the chip off and it's still doing the same thing. I brought my car to the dealer today and after half a day the guy called me back to let me know that my car's warranty has been voided and that they couldn't and wouldn't do anything to my car for liable reasons. I told the guy I would pay for them to fix it, but he gave me the same answer.

So... I think I'm screwed. Anyone with the same problem or could tell me what to do or where to bring the car??

Thank you for reading

Old 08-31-2008, 04:09 AM
993 911 is infamous around these parts
Take it to a indy shop and get it fixed. BMW has a legal right to void your warranty because its quite obvious that the added boost caused your engine to malfunction. You could of course get a lawyer and force them to prove your modification is responsible for the malfunction, but chances are you will just be out more money.

Sorry...this is why I'm hesitant to piggyback/reflash my 135i.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:39 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Try one more BMW shop and see if they are not as adverse to the chipping as the other BMW shop was. Cross your fingers. Otherwise use an indy shop and keep records of all of the work.

In the case of the Magnuson-Moss Act - I do not think that you will get much help with it since you chipped the car which in turn changed the entire specs of the engine management which in turn covers the motor. I am sure your suspension could be fought and any interior problems but in regards to your engine warranty I think you are not going to get far. Sucks to hear but I can understand from their viewpoint as well.

Wish you the best of luck.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:04 AM
flyinbrian has a spectacular aura aboutflyinbrian has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to hear, I'm sure your heart dropped when they told you that.

Do check another dealer, they may be more understanding, then go indy shop if that doesn't work out.

And for the future, go with Dinan! May not be as much power as AA overall, but piece of mind...

Old 08-31-2008, 12:05 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
That's why I had DINAN supercharger on my E46 M3 although AA, VFE provides more hp with less money!

Old 08-31-2008, 06:40 PM
TheBlueBlur is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlueBlur is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlueBlur is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlueBlur is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlueBlur is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry, but that's the risk you take with modifying your 335. There is a reason those cars come with 300HP from the factory. You can't just ask the engine for 100 extra horsepower and expect it to be perfectly reliable. BMW has every right to void your warranty. Get a private shop to fix it because you will surely lose any type of law suit against BMW.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:15 PM
DDW997 is infamous around these parts
Your best bet is to try another BMW dealer that may "overlook" the chip. BMW can definitely void your warranty. Or, try a different shop. Good luck!

Old 08-31-2008, 10:35 PM
sinned is infamous around these parts
Doesn't AA provide their own warranty for a certain period of time for their software?

Old 08-31-2008, 10:51 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
which LA dealer?

Old 08-31-2008, 10:56 PM
X50DAN is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by sinned
Doesn't AA provide their own warranty for a certain period of time for their software?

NO!! Only Dinan offers a waranty that extends to any damage caused by their products; they match the 4-year/50k BMW warranty. Furthermore, BMW dealers who are also Dinan dealers will sell, install, and service all Dinan products; no hassle.

No other after market mod company offers this warranty protection. Period.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:43 AM
Thanks guys. I'm going to visit an independent shop soon and see if they can fix my car. And also bringing it to another dealership.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by trovan
which LA dealer?
Santa Monica BMW

Old 09-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Banned
Oshin02 is infamous around these parts
same thing happen to my buddy but with the Vishnue piggy back. He tried different dealerships locally but, No luck at all. Once its in one's system, it all links across the nation and into BMW N. Americas data base. Either or, Good Luck with it

-Oshin P.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by acs-3
That's why I had DINAN supercharger on my E46 M3 although AA, VFE provides more hp with less money!
Exactly! Dinan costs more but I wouldn't let any other tuner even come close to my 335i. I wish Mercedes had a similar tuner that matched factory warranty 100%.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:06 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Damn...good luck...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 335i's warranty has been voided. Need Help