BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 11:38 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
extended warranty

hi all,

My friend 07 328i needs to buy the extended warranty from BMW, anyone knows how and how much?

thank you

Old 10-30-2008, 05:28 AM
silvergray///m is infamous around these parts
that car is still under warranty now and for the next 3 years? its better to call a dealer and get the extended maintenance plan. should run in the 1200-1600 range. As for an extended warranty, that person needs to contact area dealers what aftermarket warranty plans they accept. I have mine thru GE/general motors since I got my 04 m3 from a caddy dealer. cost me 1800 and I already made money on it. Fuel sensor (900), gauge cluster (1000), got my shop to claim RTAB's (600) and install my UUC RTAB (DON'T get this btw, its squeaks).

tell your buddy congrats on the 07.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Banned
M3-ADDICT is infamous around these partsM3-ADDICT is infamous around these parts
Extended Maintenance: 1500-1600 - Covers:
  • Scheduled inspections: $0
  • Brake Pads: $0
  • Brake Rotors: $0
  • Engine Belts: $0
  • Oil Changes: $0
  • Wiper Blade Inserts: $0
  • Inspections: $0
  • Fluid Services: $0

CPO - Certified Pre - Ownd - BMW's Extended Warranty - You can only buy it if you are the first owner and the car has not had any accident. Price varies dealer to dealer depending on their margin of profit for the month, but program is the same. 100K Miles limited coverage after the 50K Miles.

Covers:

Engine
Automatic/Manual Transmission
Front Suspension
Rear Suspension
Steering
Brakes
ABS Brake System

Electrical
Air Conditioning/Heating System
Cooling System
Interior/Exterior
Fuel System
Final Drive Assembly, Propeller Shaft

Does Not Cover:

Upkeep Items
Maintenance; engine, transmission, and body adjustments; wheel alignment, balancing or rotation; wiper blade inserts; engine drive belts; spark plugs; filters; fuses; all batteries; all hoses and clamps (except air conditioning and power steering); oils, lubricants, fluids, refrigerants and coolants (except as required in the course of a covered repair); brake pads and rotors; brake shoes and drums; manual transmission clutch assemblies; suspension dampers (shock absorbers/strut elements); exhaust systems; tires.

Wear and Tear
All wear and tear items as defined in The Certified Pre-Owned BMW Protection Plan Consumer Information Statement (including all suspension parts and components).

Body and Interior
Paint; glass; headlamps; bulbs (except instrumentation); mirrors; lenses; body and chassis; body seals and gaskets; interior and exterior trim, moldings, and fasteners; upholstery, headliner, carpeting, floor and trunk mats; convertible top (all components except electronics); air or water leaks; wind or body noises; wheels; damage due to rust, corrosion, or contamination, except as covered by the BMW New Vehicle Rust and Corrosion Perforation Warranty.

Accessories
Radio/cassette player, telephone, navigation system, CD changer, or any components of those systems; non-original equipment parts, components or accessories.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Banned
M3-ADDICT is infamous around these partsM3-ADDICT is infamous around these parts
People usually just get the Extended Maintenance Program, and some sort of 3rd party warranty for their car. CPO is expensive and as you can see it doesn't cover much.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:28 AM
cephas is infamous around these parts
she already got 48000 miles.....and already have the maintenance program....
i think she needs the extended warranty too....
just wonder how much......around 3k?
any experience here?