BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

E92 m3 dct 12.1 @ 115

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Banned
8speed is infamous around these parts
You're right man.......new M3 is a monster. Blows the doors off my overpriced toyota prius.

Good luck with the transmission recall, hope you don't stall down the track

Old 12-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 8speed
You're right man.......new M3 is a monster. Blows the doors off my overpriced toyota prius.

Good luck with the transmission recall, hope you don't stall down the track
Is that all you have to hang on to? Oh no, I have to get new SOFTWARE not a new transmission some time. Stall down the track? I haven't yet but I would have to in order for your ISF to have a shot vs. my DCT.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:38 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
His rebadged 335 is still a bmw . the lexus is still a rebadged toyota.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:08 PM
CABRIO C4 is infamous around these parts
Nice run CURIO, please keep us posted on more updates.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:39 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
lol...but my gt3 (re-badged and mutated beetle) is still faster than both your re-badged prius and upgraded 335s...lol...I had to...and its nearly 4 years old! Hell...my re-badged phaeton aint too slow either!

I drove the new dct and i think its fantastic...love the m3. That said, the ISf is one of the coolest cars out there as far as usability/power/fun and is hard pressed to find competition from anyone that lives even remotely close to a city...

Old 12-18-2008, 11:15 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sechsgang
lol...but my gt3 (re-badged and mutated beetle) is still faster than both your re-badged prius and upgraded 335s...lol...I had to...and its nearly 4 years old! Hell...my re-badged phaeton aint too slow either!

I drove the new dct and i think its fantastic...love the m3. That said, the ISf is one of the coolest cars out there as far as usability/power/fun and is hard pressed to find competition from anyone that lives even remotely close to a city...
drew-as much as i love the m3 and the isf is nice too-thats just not a fair comparison, even if it is 4 yrs old!
btw-your s8 sounded sick when you pulled away last weekend in the parking garage!

Old 12-20-2008, 08:26 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
drew-as much as i love the m3 and the isf is nice too-thats just not a fair comparison, even if it is 4 yrs old!
btw-your s8 sounded sick when you pulled away last weekend in the parking garage!
well, seeing as how you can get both for the same price now...haha...who knows, if your willing to throw out the magnificent luxury, you can have that crappy speed! haha. It was more the upgraded XXX that I was mocking, not the cars themselves...

Old 12-20-2008, 08:54 AM
jawwadh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by unvmym3
His rebadged 335 is still a bmw . the lexus is still a rebadged toyota.
whats wrong with toyota?

Old 12-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Banned
8speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jawwadh
whats wrong with toyota?

Nothing, all kinds of F-1 heritage not to mention perhaps one of the greatest tuning cars ever produced (Supra) and D1 platforms off all-time (AE86).

Old 12-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Drive2Live is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the time...

Old 12-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Jeffxxx is infamous around these parts
Awesome time.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey Curio we have had our words but that all aside those are some really nice times. Heck many of the E60 M5 guys can't run those times. The trap speeds are somewhat lower but that is to be expected due to the lesser hp.
My M5 run of 11.65 sec @ 126 trap seems in jeopardy. I guess I need to pedal a bit harder.
Anyway good luck with the runs. That DCT is seriously fast.

sechsgang, what's up Drew! Read your comments regarding the GT3 and I agree with you in purpose. My 997 GT3 is a beast. It has dyno'ed 392 rwhp and on a road course it is unstopable. On the dragstrip is does not translate as fast as the power documented. No stock or modded E92 M3 can run or compare with a GT3 on a road course.

Curio what do you know about the ESS SC'er system for the E92 M3?
Do they leave the compression ratio 12:1 and work with a very low boost system?
Or do they go internals and change pistons, compression ratios and related components?
Without changing compression ratio it would seem they are limited to the amount of power they can achieve. Prob. no more than 4.5 to 5.0 lbs of boost.

Good luck with the runs and the 1/4 mile times.

Ranger

Old 12-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Jeffxxx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Or do they go internals and change pistons, compression ratios and related components?
Without changing compression ratio it would seem they are limited to the amount of power they can achieve. Prob. no more than 4.5 to 5.0 lbs of boost.

Ranger
I don't think anything but dyno graphs have been released. As far as the boost I'm sure you can run more than 5.0. As the HPF turbo E46's with 11:1 compression is running 12.5 lbs of boost with race gas + methanol.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Hey Curio we have had our words but that all aside those are some really nice times. Heck many of the E60 M5 guys can't run those times. The trap speeds are somewhat lower but that is to be expected due to the lesser hp.
My M5 run of 11.65 sec @ 126 trap seems in jeopardy. I guess I need to pedal a bit harder.
Anyway good luck with the runs. That DCT is seriously fast.

sechsgang, what's up Drew! Read your comments regarding the GT3 and I agree with you in purpose. My 997 GT3 is a beast. It has dyno'ed 392 rwhp and on a road course it is unstopable. On the dragstrip is does not translate as fast as the power documented. No stock or modded E92 M3 can run or compare with a GT3 on a road course.

Ranger

Yo man...not too much. Will be spending some time in FL on a project soon though, so atleast I may be somewhere warm...lol. How about you?

Old 12-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
Yo man...not too much. Will be spending some time in FL on a project soon though, so atleast I may be somewhere warm...lol. How about you?
Happy to hear you'll be in the warm sunshine.
Down here with ASR Engineering still tinkering with the M5. Hoping to be the first to get this bad boy to run an 11 flat 1/4. Trap speeds have been good indicating the power. Best so far was 129 mph.
Also the wheels are turning slowly on the fully built TT motor for this boy. Searching for the SMG's limits then push a little more .
The GT3 is an outrageous screamer as you well know. I do not think I've ever liked a car so much.

Stay well and good luck
Juan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E92 m3 dct 12.1 @ 115