BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

considering becoming a first time bmw owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2009 | 09:26 PM
|
thatg is infamous around these parts
considering becoming a first time bmw owner

so i'm looking into either an 06 m5 or 06 merc e55, i was wondering if i could get some input on these cars. just starting my search, looking for a luxurious sedan with some speed, thats why these are my top two choices. might also be considering an 03 m5 as well. my real concern with the purchase of a bmw is reliability of a car without warranty as these cars would be nearly out of warranty. has anyone had any problems with bmws m5 specifically. im sure everyone has horror stories but hoping majority of the feedback is positive. thanks guys !

Old 01-12-2009 | 01:37 PM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
The AMG is a rocket on straights with huge torque,especially when modded

the BMW is more focused on the handling and on high revving and quick shifting(SMG)

Based on what you prefer,comfort + torque or handling + high revving engine,either one of the cars will be a great sports car to drive.

Speaking of my experience with people telling me about their cars,BMWs are more prone to problems than AMGs(which doesn`t mean that you would have to expects problems)
Many people drive their M5s for 70k miles and more without any extraordinary problems.

Just seen from a statistically point of view,the bimmers have little things to fix here and there

But feel free to correct me if you feel that I`m wrong

Last edited by youngbimmer; 01-12-2009 at 01:43 PM.