BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My New Project Car about to Begin!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
My New Project Car about to Begin!!!

I just wired over the money and going to head out to California to pick up this new bad boy on Friday. The 135I is black sapphire metallic with the coral red leather interior. It is the steptronic transmission for comfortable commuting but we still intend on putting some power to it. The car has only 3500 miles on it and we got it at a great price of $32800 from our new friends at www.best1auto.com. Our goal is to follow up our previous Audi A3 Project Car by building a great looking car with a tough stance and enough power to satisfy even the biggest track junky. Planned mods will include JIC Coilovers, HRE Wheels, Agency Power Titanium Tip Exhaust, Agency Power intake pipe with BOV, Intake with ECU flash, and plenty more. Stay tuned to our Project Car section for more updates and pictures and keep tabs on our BMW 135I parts here.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:00 PM
kot.u.lookn is infamous around these parts
nice little pick up. Good luck on the upcoming project! Keep us speeders updated..

happy motoring,

-son

Old 01-28-2009, 10:37 PM
DarkManX has a spectacular aura aboutDarkManX has a spectacular aura aboutDarkManX has a spectacular aura about
This car is gonna be soo sick, I can feel it lol

Old 01-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Replace ECU Flash with JB3 and your good to go do 11's

Old 02-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Scott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to beholdScott AEPi is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jmoney
+1

Looks like a fun lil project you have there. The 1 can look REALLY good when modded appropriately

Old 02-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Banned
8speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jmoney
That's like the smartest kid with down syndrome! Who cares how fast it is...........

The 1 series is quite possibly the ugliest BMW ever produced. Good luck with that

Old 02-03-2009, 09:54 PM
IUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 8speed
That's like the smartest kid with down syndrome! Who cares how fast it is...........

The 1 series is quite possibly the ugliest BMW ever produced. Good luck with that
Need a little more for 11s. Ugly? I do not understand some people..

Old 02-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
First Update!

When I started the Project A3, I said this car is one I will keep for a long time once it was in completed status. Apparently the bug I have will not let me do that! So when the chance to sell it came up, the new cars on the horizon were the Hyundai Genesis, BMW 135I, or maybe some so cheap I could crash it into walls and not care. The 135I touched my sweet spot and I had to have it. Having done a 335I when they first came out, we were aware of the motor and what the car drove like. However at that time, there was NOTHING for the car. Now, the 135I is the new tuner car for those wanting the BMW brand in their garage.

So we picked up our 135I from a used car dealer in California. The car is the steptronic edition with the coral red interior and the black saphire paint. Driving the car about 600 miles in 2 days back to Phoenix gave me alot of time to feel the car out. It feels quick, very quick. I can imagine with a turboback exhaust, flash, and intake that this car will be running in the 11's. The suspension reminded me of a stock STI. Stiff yet comfortable. The steering wheel was small but sporty and the responsiveness of the stock steering was quick. Inside the seats were comfortable and had enough bolster to them. Way better then the stock seats I had in my 996TT. The stereo sucks and takes me back to the E36 days and not much has changed.

So with having the car 1 day back in AZ, it was time to mod it up. Like all our project cars, we hooked up with JIC Cross for the suspension. JIC got us their new 1 series Cross coilovers which feature front camber plates, 16 way adjustable dampening, and monotube dampers. We run these coilovers on our current Project 997TT and have on many others. In addition, we also added the JIC beefy front strut bar which works in conjunction with the stock tie bars. The install was pretty basic and direct as you can see by the pictures. The install took 3 hours and then 1 hour for the alignment. We lowered the car about 1.5 inches front and rear to have a nice aggressive look for our future 19 inch wheels from HRE.

Surprising the JIC coilovers are very smooth. I say that each time as from the days of the EVO and WRX, JIC Magic coilovers were pretty stiff. Much like the Audi A3 we built, the coilovers ride smooth and stiffen up the chassis at the same time. There is no bounce or hopping at all. You can feel the strut brace in hard turns. The car could benefit from some H&R front and rear sway bars. Though that could be overkill for a street car.

So what is on deck for this project??? Many cool things that will make this BMW out flash our Porsche! We are hooking up with HRE Wheels and putting some 19 inch C90 Competition Series wheels on it. The mesh wheels feature a step lip, titanium hardware, and special honed center forgings that make this the lightest 3piece wheel on the market. They will weigh in at around 18lbs each for the staggard setup. Next up, we are going to be working with the guys at RISS Racing to install their cold air intake kit and plenum. We will be doing some before and after dynos to showcase the performance of these products. After that, look for us to install the Agency Power Downpipes and we will be doing a prototype catback with titanium tips. Beyond these immediate mods, look for improvements in braking, cooling, and definitely aerodynamic styling. Stay tuned to our BMW 135I Project Car Section at www.vividracing.com/forums/project-135i for all the latest pictures.

View our complete 135I Modification Gallery here at http://www.vividracing.com/forums/gallery/browseimages.php?c=403

Old 02-05-2009, 03:25 PM
chim pum-callao has a spectacular aura aboutchim pum-callao has a spectacular aura aboutchim pum-callao has a spectacular aura about
nice project you folks are taking on. may i ask a question. can you please tell me what the spring rates are on them coilovers? if not here, can you please pm me with that info? thanks.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:32 PM
V8HAHA is infamous around these parts
Great thread... cant wait to see the finished product!

Old 02-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor
The spring rates are 9/12KG

Old 02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
chim pum-callao has a spectacular aura aboutchim pum-callao has a spectacular aura aboutchim pum-callao has a spectacular aura about
you guys are great. thanks for the quick response.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:42 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Interior is sweeet! X2 on the JB3. Terry Burger is the man!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:20 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
love the car. drove one and it was really amazing. but why the auto though?

Old 02-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor
Well the A3 was an auto and this way the wife can drive it and if I dont want to deal with shifting, its ok. The 997TT is a handful already. The Steptronic actually drives quite nice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New Project Car about to Begin!!!