BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

ESS Supercharger for e9x M3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Mentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of light
ESS Supercharger for e9x M3

I'm supprised more isn't going on over here about this. Anyone else know anything they want to add? Making me seriously consider picking up a e92 M3 instead of a 996tt or a Z06!

so far it's 601rwhp//391rwtq...

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-04-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: link to another forum
Old 05-04-2009, 10:12 PM
MrBails is infamous around these parts
You sure about the 601 rwhp part? Source?

So far the G Power supercharger people have put on their M3's make about 600 fly wheel HP.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Mentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of light
Well I know you can't believe everything you read but considering the e46 M3 was 333bhp and ESS was able to bump that up to 575 with a SC, that would be an increase of 242hp. If this M3 starts at 414bhp and the dyno shows 601rwhp if we correct that we can get 707bhp (rwhp/0.85) which is essentially 293hp increase. I don't think the gain is very "outta this world unrealistic" because of the nature of the new engine. Here's the dyno and the thread more assoiciated with the dyno numbers (first the car dyno'ed lower but now after more tweaking i presume it's gone up.)

http://www.esstuning.com/default.asp...ubcat2=273&id=

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...light=ess+dyno

Old 05-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
I saw the ESS SC'er kit at Bimmerfest. It looks great but the 600 rwhp claim I am preety sure is not accurate.
Try 600 flywheel hp.
The Active SC'er is claiming 660 flywheel hp.
I was told the G-Power SC'er put down 440 rwhp but tuning is still on going.

Ranger

Old 05-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Dick Fidd is infamous around these parts
Seems if these guys would make the manifold for 2 more cylinders, the kit would work on the M5. However, for some reason, the SC kits for the M5 cost (or are projected to cost) double...

Ranger, any news on your beast yet?

Old 05-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
I saw the ESS SC'er kit at Bimmerfest. It looks great but the 600 rwhp claim I am preety sure is not accurate.
Try 600 flywheel hp.
The Active SC'er is claiming 660 flywheel hp.
I was told the G-Power SC'er put down 440 rwhp but tuning is still on going.

Ranger
I put down 480rwhp on a Dynojet @ 6psi on 91 octane with my G-power Kit. I'm getting a bigger blower also that will put me well over 500whp easily @ 9psi. I dunno about the ESS numbers though I'll believe that when I see a customer car make that much until then its just a fairy tale. I'm sure most of you guys know back in the E46 days alot of people complained about never making the Claimed numbers with their ESS Setups. Do some research and you'll find out what I mean. Even with their E9x M3 flash alot of people have switched because they weren't happy.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:20 PM
AceRothstein415 is infamous around these parts
Just got the latest Roundel mag in the mail yesterday, front cover was the AA blown M3 sedan. The article states it is almost production ready and should put out around 630 crank hp on pump and 670 crank or so on race. But these figures are not concrete yet......I personally can't wait until this kit is ready for public!

Old 05-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Roman@ESStuning is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jmoney
I put down 480rwhp on a Dynojet @ 6psi on 91 octane with my G-power Kit. I'm getting a bigger blower also that will put me well over 500whp easily @ 9psi. I dunno about the ESS numbers though I'll believe that when I see a customer car make that much until then its just a fairy tale. I'm sure most of you guys know back in the E46 days alot of people complained about never making the Claimed numbers with their ESS Setups. Do some research and you'll find out what I mean. Even with their E9x M3 flash alot of people have switched because they weren't happy.
Thank you for your knowledge and insight on our products but I must correct a few of your statements. Our products always perform as advertised. Here is a customer who just tested his new E46 M3 CFR500 "500 HP" supercharger on a dynojet http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...&highlight=ess as you can see he is making the power he should. As far as your comment on our E9X NA software claiming "alot of people" we only released this product to 2 customers in the US several months ago long before any other vendor had E9X software and they were informed at the time it was beta software. Of these two customers one is still running it and one changed it out to do testing for anothers vendors product. We just recently "last week" finished our production version of this software and just put it up for sale to the public.

Now on to the E9X FI product. The dyno posted above is far from "fairy tale" it was taken from our 700 HP test car in Norway at 9 PSI on a bone stock car other then our Supercharger. Our first two production kits to be released will be 6 PSI to 7 PSI and will produce 600 - 650 HP. The R&D of these kits is finished and they are in production now. The expected release date will be August and they will sell for around $11k-$13k.

If anyone ever has questions on any of our products just let me know

Here is a dyno of our 650 HP 7PSI kit.

Here is a picture of our pre-production kit.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Dick Fidd is infamous around these parts
Hi Roman, can you comment on the carryover potential for the M5? Assuming, of course, a 10 cyl manifold - will the rest of the kit work? If so, are you planning on making a 10-cyl manifold? Also, any info on the price difference for an M5 kit?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Roman@ESStuning is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dick Fidd
Hi Roman, can you comment on the carryover potential for the M5? Assuming, of course, a 10 cyl manifold - will the rest of the kit work? If so, are you planning on making a 10-cyl manifold? Also, any info on the price difference for an M5 kit?
We have been working on the design of the M5 kit. It is based off of this kit with a few changes. We are looking into the interest from the E60 community.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Roman@ESStuning
We have been working on the design of the M5 kit. It is based off of this kit with a few changes. We are looking into the interest from the E60 community.
Roman I saw your product at Bimmerfest. I liked what I saw.
Sadly I'm an M5 guy. Presently having a built TT engine for the M5 but have been planning an M6 project and a SC'er would be a nice ticket.
May have to pick up an M3. Making 550 rwhp would be just fine to drive the kids around.

The brief explanation at Bimmerfest did not seem like a SC'er for the S85 V10 engine was in the near future if at all.

Ranger

Old 05-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jmoney
Jmoney my comments are from a personal conversation with Josh about his M3. He told me that tuning issues still were on going with his car. You make 480 rwhp well great I'm happy for you.
You respond like I insulted you.
btw I couldn't care about the E46 days.

I respect all the tuners with their M3 SC'ers. The products all look great.
Active Autowerke is local for me. They are good people with solid history. Similarly G-Power has a long German history of quality but their "Hurricane" is going down.

Ranger

Old 05-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Jmoney my comments are from a personal conversation with Josh about his M3. He told me that tuning issues still were on going with his car. You make 480 rwhp well great I'm happy for you.
You respond like I insulted you.
btw I couldn't care about the E46 days.

I respect all the tuners with their M3 SC'ers. The products all look great.
Active Autowerke is local for me. They are good people with solid history. Similarly G-Power has a long German history of quality but their "Hurricane" is going down.

Ranger
Oh I'm not Insulted I'm just saying what my results are The Problem isn't the Tuning its the intake design starving the blower he will be updated soon. Though.Good luck with you TT project.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Roman@ESStuning
Thank you for your knowledge and insight on our products but I must correct a few of your statements. Our products always perform as advertised. Here is a customer who just tested his new E46 M3 CFR500 "500 HP" supercharger on a dynojet http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...&highlight=ess as you can see he is making the power he should. As far as your comment on our E9X NA software claiming "alot of people" we only released this product to 2 customers in the US several months ago long before any other vendor had E9X software and they were informed at the time it was beta software. Of these two customers one is still running it and one changed it out to do testing for anothers vendors product. We just recently "last week" finished our production version of this software and just put it up for sale to the public.

Now on to the E9X FI product. The dyno posted above is far from "fairy tale" it was taken from our 700 HP test car in Norway at 9 PSI on a bone stock car other then our Supercharger. Our first two production kits to be released will be 6 PSI to 7 PSI and will produce 600 - 650 HP. The R&D of these kits is finished and they are in production now. The expected release date will be August and they will sell for around $11k-$13k.

If anyone ever has questions on any of our products just let me know

Here is a dyno of our 650 HP 7PSI kit.

Here is a picture of our pre-production kit.

Great. I saw those dynos Do you have any SAE numbers? I'll believe it when its on a customers car. The best way to judge the kits imo. I look forward to running one one day.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Dick Fidd
Seems if these guys would make the manifold for 2 more cylinders, the kit would work on the M5. However, for some reason, the SC kits for the M5 cost (or are projected to cost) double...

Ranger, any news on your beast yet?
Good things take time my friend.
No seriously, this has been an long process with lots of original fabrication. Compression has been brought down for serious boost potentials.
It's coming and we're planning to chase down the G-Power hurricane.

Ranger

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ESS Supercharger for e9x M3