BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

[Vids] Modded E92 M3 vs. Modded E92 M3, Modded 996tt, Modded E60 M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:57 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
how does taking these cars to a road course which introduces more driver involvement clear up issues about a dyno??

Old 06-16-2009, 03:31 PM
tightie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CURI0
That is why I have the fastest numbers on the strip to back it up, and you don't. That is why I was the only guy to step up on M3post to the N54 calling out M3's. That is why I had runs with M5's posted on M5board before jmoney here even had his car. That is why I don't just sit there talking about street runs, I post more than just dyno numbers and pictures of magazine covers stroking myself about HP numbers I didn't hit

Step up to the plate and get out to a strip, or just sit there and type. Lets see if asking you to be at a location of my choosing at 5 AM, on a Saturday of my choosing, to street race, is fine with you. This obsession with street racing with no numbers to show for it is pathetic.

You ever even get your tuning fixed or are you still waiting for parts so the Gpower looks semi-decent?

ESS has nothing to do with me. You and Jon here were talking down on them even though their kit is flat out superior and putting up better numbers. They are smart enough to not rush it out, so they don't have to post junk numbers like you did and wait for "upgrades" for the kit to run correctly. The same goes for Active Autowerke and VF.

I have nothing against you either bud. Man up? I'm the only one who actually has manned up and gone to play with the big boys. I'm the only one who was busting my *** on the strip. How is that for actions? Where were you two? YOU need to man up. I know jonmartin was watching from the sidelines the second time around, and then typing about it. So you will come to the track for the next event? Excellent, can't wait to see what you run with the Gpower kit. That action will speak louder than words, I've already been there done that. Don't forget you agreed to it.
You keep bragging about a drag strip, I really don't care about what times I would put down on a drag strip, if that was the situation, I would have bought another car and saved my self a few thousands. (335 would be perfect) On top of that, you really think your n/a car will beat a f/i car at the drag strip? You don't even have a stroker motor and you think your the big boss. You were the only guy stepping up to the N54 forum because your the only one that cared to go prove yourself to N54 crowd. It's a 335 at the end of the day, I go after more high end cars. (No disrespect towards the N54 engine, I love what Terry has been doing to them, I even bought a JB for my brother)

At the end of the day, the 335 will beat the m3 (n/a) at the 1/4 track, accept it and move on.

Sounds like you have a personal issue with my car getting on a magazine cover.. Wait, did I once post my car getting on a magazine cover? I didn't.. So you probably went and did your homework. Good job.

I know your butthurt that your car is still N/A but I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I'm the first one to do it, I knew it wasn't going to be perfect when I signed up but, I did get my upgraded parts, I just havent installed them. I got a bigger blower and a different intake. Keep riding ESS's ***, they aren't going to get anywhere. Kind of funny how they dropped their 600 hp number to 500hp after a few comments, blame it on the gas, sure.. sure.

I haven't seen you play with the big boys once, almost every single person here has been to a mexico run.. where the big boys play. You were the only one busting your *** at the strip because you were invited. I wasn't invited, why would I not come? I have nothing to loose, I enjoy racing, if I loose it's all good. I lost to two modded 996tts and I didn't even care, I commended them and ran again. I'll go back in a few weeks with a different set up and try my luck again. You're not always gonna win. Maybe if you werent so stressed out about winning, you might have fun. You had a 10 page argument with some guy that drove a E55 just because you were scared to loose.

Yeah, I'll go to the track.. I wasn't implying a 1/4 mile track, I wanted to go to Willow but 1/4 mile works for me too! I have the power to back it up!

Last edited by tightie; 06-16-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tightie
You keep bragging about a drag strip, I really don't care about what times I would put down on a drag strip, if that was the situation, I would have bought another car and saved my self a few thousands. (335 would be perfect) On top of that, you really think your n/a car will beat a f/i car at the drag strip? You don't even have a stroker motor and you think your the big boss. You were the only guy stepping up to the N54 forum because your the only one that cared to go prove yourself to N54 crowd. It's a 335 at the end of the day, I go after more high end cars. (No disrespect towards the N54 engine, I love what Terry has been doing to them, I even bought a JB for my brother)

At the end of the day, the 335 will beat the m3 (n/a) at the 1/4 track, accept it and move on.

Sounds like you have a personal issue with my car getting on a magazine cover.. Wait, did I once post my car getting on a magazine cover? I didn't.. So you probably went and did your homework. Good job.

I know your butthurt that your car is still N/A but I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I'm the first one to do it, I knew it wasn't going to be perfect when I signed up but, I did get my upgraded parts, I just havent installed them. I got a bigger blower and a different intake. Keep riding ESS's ***, they aren't going to get anywhere. Kind of funny how they dropped their 600 hp number to 500hp after a few comments, blame it on the gas, sure.. sure.

I haven't seen you play with the big boys once, almost every single person here has been to a mexico run.. where the big boys play. You were the only one busting your *** at the strip because you were invited. I wasn't invited, why would I not come? I have nothing to loose, I enjoy racing, if I loose it's all good. I lost to two modded 996tts and I didn't even care, I commended them and ran again. I'll go back in a few weeks with a different set up and try my luck again. You're not always gonna win. Maybe if you werent so stressed out about winning, you might have fun. You had a 10 page argument with some guy that drove a E55 just because you were scared to loose.

Yeah, I'll go to the track.. I wasn't implying a 1/4 mile track, I wanted to go to Willow but 1/4 mile works for me too! I have the power to back it up!
Uh, I was not comparing my car to yours. Reading comprehension? I am fully aware of power adders vs. NA, thanks. What I said was, back up your talk on the strip, period. Let that sink in.

Uh, what I was doing was proving the M3, even in NA form, is quicker than people thought. Mission accomplished, because of my actions, not typing

Butthurt that my car is NA? Son, I don't want that Gpower junk, period. I would rather wait for a solid option, and even before that, I am going to run 11's NA, because that is MY goal, with MY car.

They showed more than one dyno, or do you seriously think a 12.0:1 compression car is going to run the same boost on 93+ octane as 91? Do you even have a basic grasp of high compression forced induction tuning? Does not sound like it.

No, wannabe street racers do their little runs from a roll. Who has not done that? You just are afraid of what the strip will tell you. Could care less about stories about your Mexico runs, show me some numbers.

Stressed about winning? You keep track of all the cars I run or what I do or do you just know what you read on forums? That is what I thought, unless you are psychic.

The OT argument was some loser with an E55 coming up with a race for 1000 dollars that I couldn't win. So, let me get this straight, I should have just given him 1000 dollars? I was not stupid enogh to let my pride force me into a situation that was a lose-lose. I don't race for cash either, because WINNING is not the point for me, meeting up with car enthusiasts and spreding knowledge to the ignorant is. Get it yet?

If you want to do a roadcourse, different issue, and driving skill and suspension make a far greater difference than power. If we are trying to compare the difference in the straightline with the supercharger, a drag strip or VBOX is a good place to start. Hope you finally get it, or you just throw a bunch of off topic junk out there and try to see what sticks.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhuang25
how does taking these cars to a road course which introduces more driver involvement clear up issues about a dyno??
It does not, but it does get the cars there at the same place at least. I think the M6 driver suggested it because someone was talking down on RPI products, calling them a tin can and junk and such, without any hands on experience.

The video says it all, but I am going to try to get another set of dyno numbers just to clear this whole issue up. I know RPI said they were willing to have any competitor come in and see how they stack up against them on their dyno, with it being open for anyone to see for themselves. No one has taken them up on this yet.

Last edited by CURI0; 06-16-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by keang24
btw, did gintani has their own blower on either M3/M5? i'm definitely interested if price is right.
Yes they have their own E92 coupe thats boosted and its a great kit. They're still testing it but I've been in it and its very fast it will probably smoke my car but it also has more boost. Just like the ESS kit.

That is why I have the fastest numbers on the strip to back it up, and you don't. That is why I was the only guy to step up on M3post to the N54 calling out M3's. That is why I had runs with M5's posted on M5board before jmoney here even had his car. That is why I don't just sit there talking about street runs, I post more than just dyno numbers and pictures of magazine covers stroking myself about HP numbers I didn't hit

Step up to the plate and get out to a strip, or just sit there and type. Lets see if asking you to be at a location of my choosing at 5 AM, on a Saturday of my choosing, to street race, is fine with you. This obsession with street racing with no numbers to show for it is pathetic.

You ever even get your tuning fixed or are you still waiting for parts so the Gpower looks semi-decent?

ESS has nothing to do with me. You and Jon here were talking down on them even though their kit is flat out superior and putting up better numbers. They are smart enough to not rush it out, so they don't have to post junk numbers like you did and wait for "upgrades" for the kit to run correctly. The same goes for Active Autowerke and VF.

I have nothing against you either bud. Man up? I'm the only one who actually has manned up and gone to play with the big boys. I'm the only one who was busting my *** on the strip. How is that for actions? Where were you two? YOU need to man up. I know jonmartin was watching from the sidelines the second time around, and then typing about it. So you will come to the track for the next event? Excellent, can't wait to see what you run with the Gpower kit. That action will speak louder than words, I've already been there done that. Don't forget you agreed to it.
There has never been an issue with tuning on the G-power cars his car had an older intake system thats why he never made as much power as my car also ASA came out with a better blower so they revised the kit. AA,ESS and other companies have made upgrades/revisions to their kits as well on the E46 so I don't get how you talk about it as if thats a bad thing Thats just stupid!. Sorry that G-power has been around longer then all the companies in this thread. Do you seriously think G-power being a world record holder for the fastest sedan can't easily match or beat anything ESS makes .

Ya I like how you claim you've been busting your *** at the strip you've been there a whopping 2 times and all of a sudden you're a track star? I don't think so! No one is afraid of the drag strip especially me its alot more inconvienent for me to drive to a track but that doesn't make me afraid and the first time I went to the track in M3 I wasn't prepped for it. I was invited at the last minute and my car didn't even have its first service perfomed yet but yet I was supposed to rapeit down the track? Ya ok moron good call. I tell you what though I did track my car to Willow Springs and I had a helluva day with my car and my buddies GT-R. So I guess I'm not just a talker after all....

Didn't some of the Gintani guys take over what was left of RMS?

Another thing, obviously your baseline was uncorrected, we went over that.

This is all very simple, the cars need to be there on the same day, same dyno, same time. I'll set that up and we will see if the numbers hold true, what do you think is going to happen?
Gintani has nothing to do with RMS that business is somewhere else wtf are you talking about? I'll say it one last time ALL MY DYNOS WERE SAE CORRECTED THERE IS NO POINT IN ARGUING THAT FACT WITH ME EVER! SO QUIT MAKING ASSUMPTIONS UNLESS YOU HAVE PROOF OF OTHERWISE SO STFU. I like your suggestion about the same day same dyno, so why is it that you never followed up after Bimmerfest again? Oh I forgot it was my job as your servent to make sure that they called you but I didn't so that means I've must have been scared . BTW you mentioned earlier about swapping exhaust with my car theres no reason for my exhaust to come off my car I told you to swap the exhaust of Gintanis Project M3 why the hell would I take my exhaust for you are you crazy!

It does not, but it does get the cars there at the same place at least. I think the M6 driver suggested it because someone was talking down on RPI products, calling them a tin can and junk and such, without any hands on experience.

The video says it all, but I am going to try to get another set of dyno numbers just to clear this whole issue up. I know RPI said they were willing to have any competitor come in and see how they stack up against them on their dyno, with it being open for anyone to see for themselves. No one has taken them up on this yet.
Thats funny I've never heard that offer if I knew that I would have driven straight to RPI after my tuning session at Gintani to verify my numbers on their uber accurate dyno...

Last edited by Jmoney; 06-16-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jmoney

Yes they have their own E92 coupe thats boosted and its a great kit. They're still testing it but I've been in it and its very fast it will probably smoke my car but it also has more boost. Just like the ESS kit.

There has never been an issue with tuning on the G-power cars his car had an older intake system thats why he never made as much power as my car also ASA came out with a better blower so they revised the kit. AA,ESS and other companies have made upgrades/revisions to their kits as well on the E46 so I don't get how you talk about it as if thats a bad thing Thats just stupid!. Sorry that G-power has been around longer then all the companies in this thread. Do you seriously think G-power being a world record holder for the fastest sedan can't easily match or beat anything ESS makes .

Ya I like how you claim you've been busting your *** at the strip you've been there a whopping 2 times and all of a sudden you're a track star? I don't think so! No one is afraid of the drag strip especially me its alot more inconvienent for me to drive to a track but that doesn't make me afraid and the first time I went to the track in M3 I wasn't prepped for it. I was invited at the last minute and my car didn't even have its first service perfomed yet but yet I was supposed to rapeit down the track? Ya ok moron good call. I tell you what though I did track my car to Willow Springs and I had a helluva day with my car and my buddies GT-R. So I guess I'm not just a talker after all....

Gintani has nothing to do with RMS that business is somewhere else wtf are you talking about? I'll say it one last time ALL MY DYNOS WERE SAE CORRECTED THERE IS NO POINT IN ARGUING THAT FACT WITH ME EVER! SO QUIT MAKING ASSUMPTIONS UNLESS YOU HAVE PROOF OF OTHERWISE SO STFU. I like your suggestion about the same day same dyno, so why is it that you never followed up after Bimmerfest again? Oh I forgot it was my job as your servent to make sure that they called you but I didn't so that means I've must have been scared . BTW you mentioned earlier about swapping exhaust with my car theres no reason for my exhaust to come off my car I told you to swap the exhaust of Gintanis Project M3 why the hell would I take my exhaust for you are you crazy!

Thats funny I've never heard that offer if I knew that I would have driven straight to RPI after my tuning session at Gintani to verify my numbers on their uber accurate dyno...
A whopping two times? You have no clue what you are talking about yet again. Just as recently as three weeks ago I took 2 days out of my schedule and drove all the way out to Sacramento to test out a new setup. Kindly apologize and shut up about which you know nothing, you can't count on your hands how many times I have been at the strip with this car. This may surprise you, but I don't post every time I sneeze or whipe my behind.

RMS was around in various iterations for a while too, and? I have nothing against Gpower, but there will be better options, like VF, AA, and ESS, FOR LESS MONEY. Being first with the supercharger does not make what you have better, it is usually the opposite. Ever pay attention to the E46 M3 forced induction scene? Read up, and try again.

Your dyno's were SAE corrected, just like Niteriders. Uh, how does 30 wheel get pulled up top? It does not matter if they are SAE correct, the dyno dynamics still lets you set a % for correction on top if you choose to. Do you get it?

Oh, now I'm crazy? You said you would take the exhaust off your sedan to test if it came down to it. That is, unless I just made up this PM from you when the issue was he had no coupe exhaust to test at that moment:

Originally Posted by Jonmartin
WTF? The Gintani exhaust is adjustable for Both coupe and sedan I have an extension I can pull it out more if I want or push it back. I'll talk to him I dunno why he said that.
Short term memory? You talked to him, and? No, you are not my servant. I figured you were an enthusiast actually interested in the M3 and the various aftermarket options and sharing that information with the rest of the community. Your response implies you would get back to me, you did not, you don't owe me anything, but a simple "I'm busy" would have sufficed as a common courtesy between M3 owners. Now I know you are just a boy who wants to street race at 5 AM and talk smack when an adult decides to get some sleep on a Saturday instead of race around Ventura county, I should have known better.

Ok, you never heard that offer, you heard it now. If you believe your numbers, and you believe a Gintani exhaust offers 30 wheel more than an RPI exhaust (ROFLMAO) then get a Gintani car there. Oh, I know, you don't care, because you have no interest. Well, I'm interested in seeing the truth, despite how you conveniently want to dismiss it and believe you made 70 wheel gains on a Dyno Dynamics on the S65 on 91 octane using SAE.

Last edited by CURI0; 06-16-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
A whopping two times? You have no clue what you are talking about yet again. Just as recently as three weeks ago I drove all the way out to Sacramento test out a new setup, so kindly apologize and shut up about which you know nothing. This may surprise you, but I don't post every time I sneeze or whipe my behind.

RMS was around in various iterations for a while too, and? I have nothing against Gpower, but there will be better options, like VF, AA, and ESS, FOR LESS MONEY. Being first with the supercharger does not make what you have better, it is usually the opposite. Ever pay attention to the E46 M3 forced induction scene? Read up, and try again.

Your dyno's were SAE corrected, just like Niteriders. Uh, how does 30 wheel get pulled up top? It does not matter if they are SAE correct, the dyno dynamics still lets you set a % for correction on top if you choose to. Do you get it?

Oh, now I'm crazy? You said you would take the exhaust off your sedan to test if it came down to it. That is, unless I just made up this PM from you when the issue was he had no coupe exhaust to test at that moment:

Short term memory? You talked to him, and? No, you are not my servant. I figured you were an enthusiast actually interested in the M3 and the various aftermarket options and sharing that information with the rest of the community. Your response implies you would get back to me, you did not, you don't owe me anything, but a simple "I'm busy" would have sufficed as a common courtesy between M3 owners. Now I know you are just a boy who wants to street race at 5 AM and talk smack when an adult decides to get some sleep on a Saturday instead of race around Ventura county, I should have known better.

Ok, you never heard that offer, you heard it now. If you believe your numbers, and you believe a Gintani exhaust offers 30 wheel more than an RPI exhaust (ROFLMAO) then get a Gintani car there. Oh, I know, you don't care, because you have no interest. Well, I'm interested in seeing the truth, despite how you conveniently want to dismiss it and believe you made 70 wheel gains on a Dyno Dynamics on the S65 on 91 octane using SAE.
So you went to Sacramento congrats did you hit 11's yet? probably not.. Again RMS has nothing to do with Gintani I dunno where you're making the connection because they're in the same city?

Being first doesn't mean its better but neither does being last. Just because AA,VF,ESS,Gintani or any other company wants to wait 3 years doesn't make it better automatically sorry. And to make claims that they will be better based on what exactly? The Dynos? only dyno I've seen are ESS which is questionable at best but doable its not like ESS made 600whp at 6psi, so to say the G-power is junk is funny to me all G-power has to do is up the boost also but they may not because they may not like the idea of adding 250whp on stock internals right off the bat but again it doesn't mean they wont even IF the G-power kit isn't the most powerfull kit in the end it will be untouched in quality I can gurantee that.

Like I said I dunno who told you that I would take my exhaust off of my car and put it on yours.. For what?It doesn't say that anywhere in that PM either. If you were intrested in trying out the exhaust the logical thing to do is put the exhuast from their shop car on your car for a couple pulls but not mine that makes no sense to me do you want to try on my blower too while your at it . Thats like me saying to one of my customers ya I wanna sell you a Plasma but I'm gonna take one from another customers house and let you borrow it so you can test out.. really dude?!?

Bottomline is whatever be the case on the settings of the dyno they did not change between any of the runs regardless of what you believe just because your RPi exhaust never made the same power Doesn't make my results fake or me a liar and thats why I went on a Dynapack and got the same gain!. And no one ever claimed Gintani's exhaust alone made 30whp over the RPI its a combination of different mods altogether and IF the results were fake then how do you explain Drew barely beating me some runs I even pulled him too you still haven't addressed that yet. I'll tell you why Driver AND DCT vs Manual.

Last edited by Jmoney; 06-16-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Banned
So you went to Sacramento congrats did you hit 11's yet? probably not.. Again RMS has nothing to do with Gintani I dunno where you're making the connection because they're in the same city?

Being first doesn't mean its better but neither does being last. Just because AA,VF,ESS,Gintani or any other company wants to wait 3 years doesn't make it better automatically sorry. And to make claims that they will be better based on what exactly? The Dynos? only dyno I've seen are ESS which is questionable at best but doable its not like ESS made 600whp at 6psi, so to say the G-power is junk is funny to me all G-power has to do is up the boost also but they may not because they may not like the idea of adding 250whp on stock internals right off the bat but again it doesn't mean they wont even IF the G-power kit isn't the most powerfull kit in the end it will be untouched in quality I can gurantee that.

Like I said I dunno who told you that I would take my exhaust off of my car and put it on yours.. For what?It doesn't say that anywhere in that PM either. If you were intrested in trying out the exhaust the logical thing to do is put the exhuast from their shop car on your car for a couple pulls but not mine that makes no sense to me do you want to try on my blower too while your at it . Thats like me saying to one of my customers ya I wanna sell you a Plasma but I'm gonna take one from another customers house and let you borrow it so you can test out.. really dude?!?

Bottomline is whatever be the case on the settings of the dyno they did not change between any of the runs regardless of what you believe just because your RPi exhaust never made the same power Doesn't make my results fake or me a liar and thats why I went on a Dynapack and got the same gain!. And no one ever claimed Gintani's exhaust alone made 30whp over the RPI its a combination of different mods altogether and IF the results were fake then how do you explain Drew barely beating me some runs I even pulled him too you still haven't addressed that yet. I'll tell you why Driver AND DCT vs Manual.
You really think someone is going to run faster in the middle of the summer, in California, in higher DA? I was testing out a new setup, flawless, and 11's NA on stock internals will come when temps drop, as I intend to prove, BEFORE I go forced induction.

Yes, the logical thing to do was pull their exhaust. I said too bad you were not a coupe or we could do it using yours. You said it does not matter if it is a coupe or sedan, implying you were willing to help. I don't think I misinterpreted it, I think you are simply being difficult about it now, radically different from your previous tone. Your plasma example is poor, I never intended to take your exhaust home with me, you knew exactly what the goal was, dyno numbers with both, same time same place, that is all.

So let me see the videos of all your runs with Drew.

Regardless, it is simple, the cars need to be on the same dyno on the same day. You will not see a combination of tune and Gintani exhaust making 30 wheel more (on a Dyno Dynamics no less) than a tune and RPI exhaust. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE on a 100 hp per liter naturally aspirated motor like the S65.

As for your DCT vs. Manual, the DCT's advantage is below 100 when more frequent shifting occurs and you spend less time in gear. Past that, the manual has the advantage, as it spends more time in 3rd so it has more torque at the axle past 100 for a longer period of time. The DCT is geared better for the road course, the manual for roll on's. I know, I have tested different gearing, despite being hated on by people like yourself for it.

Last edited by CURI0; 06-17-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:08 AM
You really think someone is going to run faster in the middle of the summer, in California, in higher DA? I was testing out a new setup, flawless, and 11's NA on stock internals will come when temps drop, as I intend to prove, BEFORE I go forced induction.

Yes, the logical thing to do was pull their exhaust. I said too bad you were not a coupe or we could do it using yours. You said it does not matter if it is a coupe or sedan, implying you were willing to help. I don't think I misinterpreted it, I think you are simply being difficult about it now, radically different from your previous tone. Your plasma example is poor, I never intended to take your exhaust home with me, you knew exactly what the goal was, dyno numbers with both, same time same place, that is all.

So let me see the videos of all your runs with Drew.

Regardless, it is simple, the cars need to be on the same dyno on the same day. You will not see a combination of tune and Gintani exhaust making 30 wheel more (on a Dyno Dynamics no less) than a tune and RPI exhaust. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE on a 100 hp per liter naturally aspirated motor like the S65.

As for your DCT vs. Manual, the DCT's advantage is below 100 when more frequent shifting occurs and you spend less time in gear. Past that, the manual has the advantage, as it spends more time in 3rd so it has more torque at the axle past 100 for a longer period of time. The DCT is geared better for the road course, the manual for roll on's. I know, I have tested different gearing, despite being hating on by people like yourself for it.
WHY would I need to take my exhaust off? When they had a BRAND NEW exhaust for you to work with! Yes I wanted to be present but common sense tells you that I wouldn't take my exhaust off just for that experiment. Yes I did say that it doesn't matter if it was Sedan or coupe but thats because you sent me a PM saying something about They said they couldnt do it because it was a Sedan or something to that effect all I said is the exhaust fits both not one or the other because its adjustable I didn't mean my actual exhaust from my car thats alot of unesscessary work for an experiment dont you think?

I'm not gonna argue about my gains anymore I have posted my dynos nothing was done to falsify the numbers I have no benefit in doing so and my numbers were legit take it or leave it. You have no right to call me a liar just because you don't believe them so quit or come up with hard proof not hearsay or a flimsy opinion based someone elses run.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:24 AM
Banned
WHY would I need to take my exhaust off? When they had a BRAND NEW exhaust for you to work with! Yes I wanted to be present but common sense tells you that I wouldn't take my exhaust off just for that experiment. Yes I did say that it doesn't matter if it was Sedan or coupe but thats because you sent me a PM saying something about They said they couldnt do it because it was a Sedan or something to that effect all I said is the exhaust fits both not one or the other because its adjustable I didn't mean my actual exhaust from my car thats alot of unesscessary work for an experiment dont you think?

I'm not gonna argue about my gains anymore I have posted my dynos nothing was done to falsify the numbers I have no benefit in doing so and my numbers were legit take it or leave it. You have no right to call me a liar just because you don't believe them so quit or come up with hard proof not hearsay or a flimsy opinion based someone elses run.
Well, it could be, if I misintrepreted your intentions, my fault. If it was me, and you wanted to bolt the exhaust off my car to dyno with, and then bolt it back on, it really wouldn't matter to me. What difference does it make? From our discussion I came away with that impression, but it does not matter I guess.

The numbers don't add up, I have no doubt you dyno'd your car and made gains. The issue is with the correction and you going around claiming superior numbers and that you are faster based on dyno numbers, which clearly did not add up AS THE VIDEO SHOWS.

I stand by what I said, and I stand by wanting to get to the bottom of this. You do whatever you feel is right for you, I'm going to do the same.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Well, it could be, if I misintrepreted your intentions, my fault. If it was me, and you wanted to bolt the exhaust off my car to dyno with, and then bolt it back on, it really wouldn't matter to me. What difference does it make? From our discussion I came away with that impression, but it does not matter I guess.

The numbers don't add up, I have no doubt you dyno'd your car and made gains. The issue is with the correction and you going around claiming superior numbers and that you are faster based on dyno numbers, which clearly did not add up AS THE VIDEO SHOWS.

I stand by what I said, and I stand by wanting to get to the bottom of this. You do whatever you feel is right for you, I'm going to do the same.
Ok just checkin Who's car was that in the video again? OH YEA NOT MINE! So lets see one of those cars with RPI mods lose to another car without RPI mods And then I'll say YOUR a liar Because THEY lost. Since all the RPI cars should all perform exactly the same according to you. If Drew wants to post up some vids he can I know alot of them were messed up because he accidently had his finger in front of the lens and thats why they were never posted before. Fact is he already came and said my car did alot better thats a good start imo..

Old 06-17-2009, 11:29 AM
tightie is infamous around these parts
Uh, I was not comparing my car to yours. Reading comprehension? I am fully aware of power adders vs. NA, thanks. What I said was, back up your talk on the strip, period. Let that sink in.

Uh, what I was doing was proving the M3, even in NA form, is quicker than people thought. Mission accomplished, because of my actions, not typing

Butthurt that my car is NA? Son, I don't want that Gpower junk, period. I would rather wait for a solid option, and even before that, I am going to run 11's NA, because that is MY goal, with MY car.

They showed more than one dyno, or do you seriously think a 12.0:1 compression car is going to run the same boost on 93+ octane as 91? Do you even have a basic grasp of high compression forced induction tuning? Does not sound like it.

No, wannabe street racers do their little runs from a roll. Who has not done that? You just are afraid of what the strip will tell you. Could care less about stories about your Mexico runs, show me some numbers.

Stressed about winning? You keep track of all the cars I run or what I do or do you just know what you read on forums? That is what I thought, unless you are psychic.

The OT argument was some loser with an E55 coming up with a race for 1000 dollars that I couldn't win. So, let me get this straight, I should have just given him 1000 dollars? I was not stupid enogh to let my pride force me into a situation that was a lose-lose. I don't race for cash either, because WINNING is not the point for me, meeting up with car enthusiasts and spreding knowledge to the ignorant is. Get it yet?

If you want to do a roadcourse, different issue, and driving skill and suspension make a far greater difference than power. If we are trying to compare the difference in the straightline with the supercharger, a drag strip or VBOX is a good place to start. Hope you finally get it, or you just throw a bunch of off topic junk out there and try to see what sticks.
You are really something else dude, I'm not going to even bother responding to your bull****.

Invite me to your next track event, I'll be there.

There is SO much about the ESS kit that you know NOTHING about and honestly, I'll let you think it's the best kit so you can sleep better at night. If you claim to know so much about the F/I world, I'm pretty sure these companies wouldn't mind having you on their team.

If you consider yourself a "enthusiast" then why do you pick a fight/argument with every single enthusiast on every single forum? You're better off taking it to court room, not forums.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:01 PM
minsup88 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to disturb your guy's chit chat; but thank you to the OP for the video. It was entertaining.

Let the interweb battle continue.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:11 PM
415banker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by minsup88
Sorry to disturb your guy's chit chat; but thank you to the OP for the video. It was entertaining.

Let the interweb battle continue.
since this thread went off topic 3 pages ago...why did the chicken cross the road?

Old 06-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by tightie
You are really something else dude, I'm not going to even bother responding to your bull****.

Invite me to your next track event, I'll be there.

There is SO much about the ESS kit that you know NOTHING about and honestly, I'll let you think it's the best kit so you can sleep better at night. If you claim to know so much about the F/I world, I'm pretty sure these companies wouldn't mind having you on their team.

If you consider yourself a "enthusiast" then why do you pick a fight/argument with every single enthusiast on every single forum? You're better off taking it to court room, not forums.
You consider this picking a battle? I consider it getting to the bottom of a serious issue. Different perspectives I suppose, I was enjoying the discussion, you seem you be taking it personally. I provide my perspective in a forum, if one gets offended, the issue is not me it is their emotional fragility in response to my voracity. Am I sitting here calling everyone a ****sucker or something? Some are capable of discussing an issue with passion, some not. Clearly that is the case, as you immediately got defensive and starting shouting about your supercharged car which has nothing to do with the topic.

As far as my knowledge of forced induction E92's, you would learn a lot. On their team? You pay them money, it is THEIR job to provide the best product, which should be able to do the talking with the results. I have been talking with VF, ESS, and AA, for a while now, I know what is up, you don't

Good idea, if it is too much for you to handle, don't respond.

No problem Josh, I'll grab a spot for you at the next event, look forward to seeing you again.

Last edited by CURI0; 06-17-2009 at 03:26 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [Vids] Modded E92 M3 vs. Modded E92 M3, Modded 996tt, Modded E60 M5