BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

[Vids] Modded E92 M3 vs. Modded E92 M3, Modded 996tt, Modded E60 M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 11:00 PM
rpipower is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jmoney
Are you aware that Gintani uses a newer AWD Dyno Dynamics Model (450DS AWD) with a newer software version then yours? Therefore some of these steps you take may not even be nesscessary on their dyno? I'm just asking. Either way Brian would love to bring his car in but its currently getting the Gintani Supercharger installed. So its already been torn down as of yesterday. You can send mr sticky to Gintani if you'd like... Or wait for the next Beast Gintani builds. When I get My car back I'll Dyno at Gintani and come straight to you for another right after just to see the difference.
Sure no problem. I know that Gintani is using a newer Dyno Dynamics dyno. Its running on a windows platform. The process is the same however. Thats the only way you can run it accurately. We want to keep the conversations on here productive so some of the sarcasm and ill remarks are really not necessary.

Last edited by rpipower; 06-18-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by rpipower
Sure no problem. I know that Gintani is using a newer Dyno Dynamics dyno. Its running on a windows platform. The process is the same however. Thats the only way you can run it accurately. We want to keep the conversations on here productive so some of the sarcasm and ill remarks are really not necessary.
I'm not being sarcastic I'm asking a question if I come off like an *** its because I'm being called a liar by one of your customers sorry. Alex said he'll be calling tommorrow to talk about that supposed Correction factor story.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
I'm not being sarcastic I'm asking a question if I come off like an *** its because I'm being called a liar by one of your customers sorry. Alex said he'll be calling tommorrow to talk about that supposed Correction factor story.
RPI has nothing to do with my comments, they are my own. I buy products from lots of companies, they are not responsible for what I do with them or say about them.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Are you aware that Gintani uses a newer AWD Dyno Dynamics Model (450DS AWD) with a newer software version then yours? Therefore some of these steps you take may not even be nesscessary on their dyno? I'm just asking. Either way Brian would love to bring his car in but its currently getting the Gintani Supercharger installed. So its already been torn down as of yesterday. You can send mr sticky to Gintani if you'd like... Or wait for the next Beast Gintani builds. When I get My car back I'll Dyno at Gintani and come straight to you for another right after just to see the difference.
That will not solve the current issue and I'm sure Gintani is aware of the comments about correction now.

What needs to be done is Gintani exhaust + tune dyno vs. RPI exhaust + tune, so everyone will know the REAL numbers and the REAL difference, if there even will be one of significance.

Can't send my car down right now. Like I said back in our discussion on N54tech, my car is out of commission for a while getting work done. Keep that in mind before you ask me to meet somewhere at 5 AM for runs.

Last edited by CURI0; 06-19-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:20 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by CURI0
RPI has nothing to do with my comments, they are my own. I buy products from lots of companies, they are not responsible for what I do with them or say about them.
Intresting That sounds so familiar ! So why are you accusing me again of lying for Gintani on purpose to help sell their exhaust?

Old 06-19-2009, 04:52 AM
Banned
Intresting That sounds so familiar ! So why are you accusing me again of lying for Gintani on purpose to help sell their exhaust?
Maybe on purpose, maybe not, someone decided to put out numbers they purposely made higher.

You, purposely, went around saying you made significantly more power than RPI exhausts, period.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:37 AM
rpipower is infamous around these parts
The number is just a number. It doesnt matter if you dyno 450whp with just an exhaust and a tune. Im not calling you a liar because it really doesnt matter to me what you put down. No one knows if the dyno used at one facility is the "actual" number so why should you care what anyone thinks about what number you put down. Making comments about tin cans and bashing a company without knowing the facts is just not cool. I have no problem with anyone.........well maybe a few :P but like I said before, these forums are much more useful when people are objective about discussions instead of making ignorant comments about a company based on the opinion of a customer. Happy motoring. BTW, I have yet to see a place dyno a car as harsh as we do. This affects the numbers also. Its not a right or wrong method. Its just the way we do things. No cool downs, multiple runs with hood closed.

Heres an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xKLfhtKnF8

Heres another with over 120 dyno pulls for exhaust testing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBb341q7dTM

Last edited by rpipower; 06-19-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:43 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
Hey Eloy, my friend Jimmy with the M6 just picked up an RPI system... are you hooking Mike (M5) as well?? I don't know about dyno numbers between the RPI and the Gintani, but I know the M6 sounds siiiiiiiiiiick... he'll be joining us in those am runs soon too.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Maybe on purpose, maybe not, someone decided to put out numbers they purposely made higher.

You, purposely, went around saying you made significantly more power than RPI exhausts, period.
Well uh if you look at the Dynos I did what else would you think if you saw the gains first hand like I did. If it was your car you wouldn't call BS thats for sure just like how you didn't call BS when you were scratching your head why your car didn't make that much power but now its all BS because RPI decided to make up a story so they didn't look bad.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by rpipower
The number is just a number. It doesnt matter if you dyno 450whp with just an exhaust and a tune. Im not calling you a liar because it really doesnt matter to me what you put down. No one knows if the dyno used at one facility is the "actual" number so why should you care what anyone thinks about what number you put down. Making comments about tin cans and bashing a company without knowing the facts is just not cool. I have no problem with anyone.........well maybe a few :P but like I said before, these forums are much more useful when people are objective about discussions instead of making ignorant comments about a company based on the opinion of a customer. Happy motoring. BTW, I have yet to see a place dyno a car as harsh as we do. This affects the numbers also. Its not a right or wrong method. Its just the way we do things. No cool downs, multiple runs with hood closed.

Heres an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xKLfhtKnF8

Heres another with over 120 dyno pulls for exhaust testing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBb341q7dTM

Cute vids. When my car was getting dyno tuned it was similar 4-5 pulls each hood closed then we stopped made a change on the laptop flashed the car and ran it again same thing with Brian. Part of the reason why the correction factor story makes no sense.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Banned
Well uh if you look at the Dynos I did what else would you think if you saw the gains first hand like I did. If it was your car you wouldn't call BS thats for sure just like how you didn't call BS when you were scratching your head why your car didn't make that much power but now its all BS because RPI decided to make up a story so they didn't look bad.
I was questioning those numbers long before any of this nonsense. You still don't seem to get your car was not making more power, they fed you higher numbers knowing what you would do with them and you bought into it without thinking about it.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:35 PM
I was questioning those numbers long before any of this nonsense. You still don't seem to get your car was not making more power, they fed you higher numbers knowing what you would do with them and you bought into it without thinking about it.

That has never been determined anywhere other then your little head. I can argue all day the sky is red but that doesn't make it a fact.

Last edited by Jmoney; 06-19-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Banned
That has never been determined anywhere other then your little head. I can argue all day the sky is red but that doesn't make it a fact.
Uh, which is why to ANSWER all these questions, it is necessary to get the cars on the same dyno, same day, believe RPI said they are down. Very simple...

Old 06-20-2009, 02:20 AM
jimmyeatsworld is infamous around these parts
Wow video says it all. I think that was a car length on the Gintani car within several seconds.

I'm assuming there were several retakes on that run (you know driver error or what not) and that the best one was posted by the op.

To me it looks like a loss in power. It's not like the other car had a blower or anything, and to pull away like that .... again says it all.

Last edited by jimmyeatsworld; 06-20-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:47 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jimmyeatsworld
Wow video says it all. I think that was a car length on the Gintani car within several seconds.

I'm assuming there were several retakes on that run (you know driver error or what not) and that the best one was posted by the op.

To me it looks like a loss in power. It's not like the other car had a blower or anything, and to pull away like that .... again says it all.
That was the only run we did, I don't only post my best runs, lol, as you can see from the other vids in the thread, and the many others I have done in the past I do not always win. Agreed, it would have been nice to do at least 3 pulls, regardless I ran Jon Martin's Gintani E90 M3 6MT and it was close.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [Vids] Modded E92 M3 vs. Modded E92 M3, Modded 996tt, Modded E60 M5