BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

//m5 csl

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NewSong
I highly doubt you "know how much it means", because obviously BMW did the numbers and thought it wasn't important enough to build.

Since you're so rich, maybe you can start a donation fund to build the M5 CSL so you can own an exclusive car and feel better about yourself.
You need to stop talking as BMW has decided to come out with a more focused M car, LOL: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...3-gt-info.html

Old 11-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
You know, the area I live in probably has around a dozen M5's. Why do you think I would not be able to purchase one, or is that just wishful thinking on your part?
You know, the area I live in has a Veyron, a few 599's, and Carrera GT's. I assume that is the proper way to determine that everyone within the city limits has the same financial resources, right?

Do you know if any Nobel laureates live in Malibu?

Last edited by CURI0; 11-02-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:53 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CURI0
You need to stop talking as BMW has decided to come out with a more focused M car, LOL: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...3-gt-info.html
Really?

Been keeping up and reading the details but seems none of the info is set in stone.

Can't wait until BMW gives us the specs and confirms it.

Talk about absolute self-pwnage.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:55 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Cool

You know, the area I live in has a Veyron, a few 599's, and Carrera GT's. I assume that is the proper way to determine that everyone within the city limits has the same financial resources, right?
The average 4 bedroom home price in the area is about 9-10x the price of a brand new M5. Seriously, do you honestly think owning an M5 is a great financial feat?

Old 11-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Banned
Really?

Talk about absolute self-pwnage.
Wow... you never cease to amaze. BMW has not confirmed any of those specs but they have announced that they will be offering a street legal GT4 to the public already, which is what those specs are about, damn, this is just getting so sad.

Seriously, you need to start thinking things through before you post, you need might need a tutor to review what you write. Any of those Nobel Laureates available?

Last edited by CURI0; 11-02-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Banned
The average 4 bedroom home price in the area is about 9-10x the price of a brand new M5. Seriously, do you honestly think owning an M5 is a great financial feat?
For someone living in their parent's basement, yes.

Don't start talking real estate in Orange County now, please. You were just babbling about how this would not sell and BMW determined there was no market for it yet BMW is now going to produce a hardcore, limited production M car.

Please, no more talk about you doing work in third world countries, sitting in classrooms with Nobel laureates, or the price of real estate in Orange County. Unless you think this is actually helping you in some strange fashion?

Have you forgotten the purpose of this thread? You said there was no market blah blah blah and it is all about profit, oops, seems BMW found their sense of pride again. It also seems BMW cares about their history as that was the PURPOSE of showing off the M5 CSL, to honor the 25th anniversary of the M5, please get it through your head once and for all.

Last edited by CURI0; 11-02-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:28 PM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
hayyyyy guys!

Old 11-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Cool

Have you forgotten the purpose of this thread? You said there was no market blah blah blah and it is all about profit, oops, seems BMW found their sense of pride again. It also seems BMW cares about their history as that was the PURPOSE of showing off the M5 CSL, to honor the 25th anniversary of the M5, please get it through your head once and for all.
Yeah, that's great that the M5 CSL was created as a "one-off" model. Still doesn't mean BMW is dumb enough to try and market a 2-seater "super sedan".

Old 11-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Banned
Yeah, that's great that the M5 CSL was created as a "one-off" model. Still doesn't mean BMW is dumb enough to try and market a 2-seater "super sedan".
I still don't understand your confusion. They were not trying to market a 2 seater super sedan and who here said they were? There IS a market for a more hardcore M model, understand? You have that market right here attempting to tell you that and yet you sit back and insult those individuals and try to tell THEM what they want and that it won't sell, oops, BMW seems to disagree.

The whole issue seems to be that you do not understand what it is BMW was doing. They were showing off and now they are delivering a more hardcore M model, they are coming through and you simply don't understand it because of the amount of seats a one off homage to the M5 had:
Why would anyone buy a $100,000+ "performance" sedan with only TWO seats?

Last edited by CURI0; 11-03-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Cool

You do realize that a market is composed of an aggregate, and not just you posting on some random car message board right?

Seriously, I'm not sure you understand the difference.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Banned
You do realize that a market is composed of an aggregate, and not just you posting on some random car message board right?

Seriously, I'm not sure you understand the difference.
Oh boy, let me guess, you sat in an economics class and now you are an expert in that field as well?

Seriously, I'm not sure you understand BMW is doing this for more than profit or the potential market:
Originally Posted by newsong
Seriously, why would BMW spend money to develop a car they have little chance of recovering their investment on? Last time I heard, BMW was a profit seeking firm, not a charity organization.
So tell us all, why has BMW decided to do the exact opposite of your reasoning? I mean last I heard, they were a profit seeking firm.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Cool

Umm, yes they are seeking profit which is why the M5 CSL isn't going to see the light of day as a production model.

Are you lacking sleep or something?

Old 11-03-2009, 02:58 AM
ollie has a spectacular aura aboutollie has a spectacular aura aboutollie has a spectacular aura about
Umm, yes they are seeking profit which is why the M5 CSL isn't going to see the light of day as a production model.

Are you lacking sleep or something?
im all for debate, but let's not forget what this forum is about. Who cares if you drive a cgt or a corolla gt? what should it matter what your education is? There are better ways to win a debate than taking personal attacks at other (highly respected) members like ranger.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Thumbs down

If Ranger is going to put out his opinion that Nobel Prizes are worth as much as "toilet paper", then don't you think it's fair someone is going to call him out on it?

If someone came onto this forum and said "All Porsches are junk", you think that might illicit some sort of response?

I don't care how well respected someone is on some car forum, if you're going to troll a thread with comments like that, they're going to get called.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Jesus Christ song!!!! You were the one who came on here FIRST talking that you sit in class with Nobel laureates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give me a fukin break and get off your high horse.
I fired back because your response was stupid. Add to this that I do feel the Nobel prize is worth toilet paper.
So song, I know where I've been, what I've done(which God won't forgive me for) and what I do for a living.
So song you have NO FUKIN CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT OF COUSE YOU DWELL WITH NOBEL LAUREATES, and us mear mortals do not.

Ranger

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: //m5 csl