BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

//m5 csl

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:33 AM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Jesus Christ song!!!! You were the one who came on here FIRST talking that you sit in class with Nobel laureates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give me a fukin break and get off your high horse.
I fired back because your response was stupid. Add to this that I do feel the Nobel prize is worth toilet paper.
So song, I know where I've been, what I've done(which God won't forgive me for) and what I do for a living.
So song you have NO FUKIN CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT OF COUSE YOU DWELL WITH NOBEL LAUREATES, and us mear mortals do not.

Ranger
I have attended lectures where Nobel laureates were speaking = Fact

Your statement about Nobel Prize = Opinion

I hope that has cleared up any confusion for you.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NewSong
I have attended lectures where Nobel laureates were speaking = Fact

Your statement about Nobel Prize = Opinion

I hope that has cleared up any confusion for you.
You have made yourself look like a fool = Fact
Your statements about BMW not having a market for a more focused 2 seat M car were wrong = Fact
You have continually established your automotive knowledge as pedestrian and you are more interested in off topic arguing and petty insults = Fact

Once again, explain to everyone here, why BMW decided to make the M3 GTS when they are a profit seeking firm, hmmm? How many people are going to pay over 100k for a 2 seat M3? Best of luck arguing with the facts, maybe a Nobel prize winner in physics can alter reality for you: https://www.m-power.com/_open/b/home.jsp?lang=en

Man up, admit you were wrong, and apologize to everyone .

Last edited by CURI0; 11-04-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:46 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Me > You = Fact

Old 11-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Murtaza is infamous around these parts
Ranger and Curio, why are you bothering with this troll

Old 11-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by CURI0
Your statements about BMW not having a market for a more focused 2 seat M car were wrong = Fact
What? I never argued this QUEERI0.

How are the M3 GTS and M5 CSL the same car?

One is a focused sports coupe based on an actual race car, and the other is a 2 seater "sedan" that weighs 4,000 pounds.

One people would buy, and the other people wouldn't. Why don't you lie and make up another argument so you can feel better about yourself.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Murtaza
Ranger and Curio, why are you bothering with this troll
Not sure, guess entertainment takes various forms

It boils down to not letting someone spread nonsense as this guy has a habit of doing. Just earlier he was saying how a new S4 is going to outrun modded N54's easily, someone has to watch the BS.

Last edited by CURI0; 11-04-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Thumbs up

Not sure, guess entertainment takes various forms
And when you're getting owned like you are, it's better to just start spamming arguments and lying about stuff to try to make a case.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Banned
And when you're getting owned like you are, it's better to just start spamming arguments and lying about stuff to try to make a case.
I would sooner get nominated for a Nobel prize than anyone would ever support you "owning" anyone in this thread.

I'll go easier on you since you get emotional and are not able to maintain your composure and stay on topic

Tell yourself what you need to, glad BMW did this M5 and took what they learned and applied the stroke increase to the S65 for the M3 GTS, thanks.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Cool

I'll go easier on you since you get emotional and are not able to maintain your composure and stay on topic

Tell yourself what you need to, glad BMW did this M5 and took what they learned and applied the stroke increase to the S65 for the M3 GTS, thanks.
Translation:

Man I'm getting owned when we talk about facts, and I'm getting pretty badly exposed.

BMW isn't going to make an M5 CSL because no one would buy it like most business minded people already told me, so I'll slyly try to move my position to defend the M3 GTS even though no one was arguing against it. I hope no one notices my bait and switch position attempt...

Old 11-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Banned
Translation:
Seriously, why would BMW spend money to develop a car they have little chance of recovering their investment on? Last time I heard, BMW was a profit seeking firm, not a charity organization.
You were saying?

I highly doubt you "know how much it means", because obviously BMW did the numbers and thought it wasn't important enough to build.
Well well well, looks like BMW killed two birds with one stone. They honored the 25th annv. of the M5, which was the purpose, and they tested the DCT with more torque and developed a crank for a stroke increase all of which carried over. Hmmm, you were saying? Oh, right, they should test their M5 they are not building with 4 seats, right, very important, you focus on that and forget the rest.

Still doesn't mean BMW is dumb enough to try and market a 2-seater "super sedan".
Ummm, yes, that is what they are doing. Conveniently dismiss the 3 series is a sedan chassis eh? Conveniently dismiss the CLK63 black series, eh? Conveniently dismiss reality, eh?

Umm maybe because BMW would have a hard time recovering their investment from developing a production ready version.
Once again, BMW does the opposite of what you think it should do and has made a strictly enthusiast model, low production, that is not for profit but for honoring their legacy and their M fans.

Try and gain some respect, swallow your pride, and just apologize. You won't of course and I will not keep picking on a child, it is not a fair fight.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Cool

You were saying?

Well well well, looks like BMW killed two birds with one stone. They honored the 25th annv. of the M5, which was the purpose, and they tested the DCT with more torque and developed a crank for a stroke increase all of which carried over. Hmmm, you were saying? Oh, right, they should test their M5 they are not building with 4 seats, right, very important, you focus on that and forget the rest.
Are you seriously trying to say you know that the M5 CSL one-off model was a "prototype test bed" for the M3 GTS?

I seriously can't believe you're trying to compare the M5 CSL to the M3 GTS as if they're the same car.

Maybe the Panerama was used to develop the new GT3 RS too, right?

It's fun to play pretend.

Do you know what CSL stands for? The production version could be based on the M6.
What was that again?

Ummm, yes, that is what they are doing. Conveniently dismiss the 3 series is a sedan chassis eh? Conveniently dismiss the CLK63 black series, eh? Conveniently dismiss reality, eh?
What?

The E92 is a COMPLETELY different chassis than the E90 or E60. Seriously, what are you smoking? BMW would never make a 2-seater SUPER SEDAN. You were wrong in this thread and got owned. I'm glad the M3 GTS is coming out, I'm looking forward to possibly procuring one, but that doesn't change the fact that the M5 CSL would never sell, and BMW wouldn't be dumb enough to make one. You're seriously stretching here, and I feel kind of sad for you.

Last edited by NewSong; 11-04-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Banned
Are you seriously trying to say you know that the M5 CSL one-off model was a "prototype test bed" for the M3 GTS?

I seriously can't believe you're trying to compare the M5 CSL to the M3 GTS as if they're the same car.

Maybe the Panerama was used to develop the new GT3 RS too, right?

It's fun to play pretend.

What was that again?

What?

The E92 is a COMPLETELY different chassis than the E90 or E60. Seriously, what are you smoking? BMW would never make a 2-seater SUPER SEDAN. You were wrong in this thread and got owned. I'm glad the M3 GTS is coming out, I'm looking forward to possibly procuring one, but that doesn't change the fact that the M5 CSL would never sell, and BMW wouldn't be dumb enough to make one. You're seriously stretching here, and I feel kind of sad for you.
We can't have a discussion if you don't know the basics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_E90

Please read up on the E9X and realize they share the same chassis between the designations. The number change is the body. The E92 and E90 are not a completely different chassis, you don't even know the basics.

The S65 is based on the S85, anyone who knows the cars knows this. I can't keep tutoring you, it would become a full time job.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Cool

The world according to CURI0

This is basically a sedan!!!

I bet CURI0 thinks his aunt is basically his uncle too.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Cool

We can't have a discussion if you don't know the basics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_E90

Please read up on the E9X and realize they share the same chassis between the designations. The number change is the body. The E92 and E90 are not a completely different chassis, you don't even know the basics.

From your own LINK:

Coupé (E92)

The two-door coupé model of the 3-Series became available in August 2006. It is the second BMW coupé offered with xDrive, after the 325 ix of the late '80s and early '90s. The coupé's body is now its own design and no longer derived from the sedan minus two doors unlike its predecessors, being longer and narrower than its E90 counterpart. The E92 is installed exclusively in the BMW Werk Regensburg.
Holy crap! This is the finest example of self-pwnage I've seen in 6 months.

Damn CURI0, you must be a glutton for punishment.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Banned

From your own LINK:

Holy crap! This is the finest example of self-pwnage I've seen in 6 months.

Damn CURI0, you must be a glutton for punishment.
For God's sake kid, they are talking about the BODY, not the CHASSIS.

This is epic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: //m5 csl