BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6
View Poll Results: What is better?
BMW M5 with $8k in mods (mostly aesthetic)
54.74%
CLS 55 AMg with Kleeman K4 Package
45.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

M5 or CLS 55 AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:39 PM
shakazulu12 is infamous around these partsshakazulu12 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bonehead
I've been away from the M5 forums a while, but Evosport doesn't make a stroker.

I'm not a huge MB fan in general, but I do have to say they did good with the CLS styling. Had an M5. Loved it. That being said, at this point I'd go with the CLS just because it's different for me and the torque (or lack thereof) in the M5 always bothered me.
They do according to their website, though I have never heard of anyone actually with it. It appears to have very similar specs to the RD Sport and Dinan strokers. Which makes me wonder if they aren't sourcing the parts from the same place.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:46 AM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by shakazulu12
They do according to their website, though I have never heard of anyone actually with it. It appears to have very similar specs to the RD Sport and Dinan strokers. Which makes me wonder if they aren't sourcing the parts from the same place.

It is such a shame it costs so much to mod an M5. You have to spend huge money for big gains.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by Turbotom1
CLS and with a Quaife LSD.

Forgive my noobness

What are the benefits of the Quaife LSD? WIll this stop the traction control from always kicking in?

Old 11-24-2009, 10:34 AM
GDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to all
MB AMG interior is much nicer, exteriors great too. CLS55 is an great vehicle to mod. Go with the 55, i dont think you will regret it, that things a beast!

Old 11-24-2009, 12:49 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
wow u really hav a tough 1 on your hands....imo from driving both cars the M5 is more fun to drive. the cls55 has the nicer interior imo and more relaxed looks....as for modding the cars kleeman is a good chioce and for the M dinan has some nice stuff for it like stroking etc. though idk how much it goes for.....if you want to do some hard driving get the M...just my thoughts

Old 11-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
I've had a CL500 and several M5's.......the BMW's just always feel sportier to me......just more connected

Old 11-24-2009, 06:01 PM
IMPORTIMAGE is infamous around these parts
sorry but there arent many m5's with 8k in mods that can touch what you can do to the cls55 power wise.

driving wise, the bmw is a bit more nimble around turns, feels a bit more like a sportscar

the cls looks great to me, especially with an upgrade in power

Old 11-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE
sorry but there arent many m5's with 8k in mods that can touch what you can do to the cls55 power wise.

driving wise, the bmw is a bit more nimble around turns, feels a bit more like a sportscar

the cls looks great to me, especially with an upgrade in power
I am leaning towards the CLS I think... Black Exterior, Black wheels with chrom lip, Lowered and the Kleeman Package

Can someone please explain what are the benefits of repalcing the LSD on a CLS?

If I could get some good mods for the M5 (like a supercharger) for my $10k budget then I would go for the M5, otherwise I think it has to be the CLS.

Any Idea what sort of numbers a CLS with the Klemman package does?

Old 11-25-2009, 01:51 PM
V8HAHA is infamous around these parts
I had this same dilemma a few months back. The M5 is more fun to drive, more agile, high revving, and a blast to drive. The CLS55 is heavier, but felt more powerful and fun straight line. Im waiting for the new M5 and CLS to come out to see how I like them before pulling the trigger. I honestly dont think you can go wrong with either.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:42 AM
xxbboy is infamous around these parts
I owned a CLS55 Kleemann K2, new M3 tuned to 460bhp and 997.2. The AMG always puts a big smile on my face as a daily driver with its big torque. It is a car with 2 very different personality in one, very comfortable daily driver eats the miles with all the comfort options especially my massaging seats. In the other hand when you wanted some passing power, just crack that throttle open and wow the endless amount of torque just make any passing simple. Perfect for my daily drive and returns me 20 mpg. My M3 is my weekend toy and trackday car. Love the high reving nature of the M's engine just sounds like a formular one car. After adding a Akaprovic exhaust Gruppen M induction and custom remap, this car is so addictive to drive, every secound I am trying to rev the engine to redline. The launch control is also addictive to use. The 997 still being run in at present.

My conclusion is the 55 Kompressor cars are more suited for daily road use and the M cars are a exciting toy especially for track use.

I have found this AMG for sell in UK, seems to have everything you wanted. Black on black, Kleemann K4, and LSD

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MERCEDES-BENZ-...item518ba184cb

Old 11-27-2009, 02:38 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
cls all the way, just for the styling alone...you simply see too many M5's around and BMW just redesigned the 5 series, so the new M5 should be reveled in less than 9 months or so.

CLS is simply more rare, and classy...but both are incredible cars anyways

I DD a CLS55 and get so many heads turning, a lot more than i expected.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by GT650-25
cls all the way, just for the styling alone...you simply see too many M5's around and BMW just redesigned the 5 series, so the new M5 should be reveled in less than 9 months or so.

CLS is simply more rare, and classy...but both are incredible cars anyways

I DD a CLS55 and get so many heads turning, a lot more than i expected.

What mods have you done on the CLS?

Post some pics please.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:13 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
I like the M because its more of a sports car and I can never own an automatic car with tons of performance. A DCT/Egeat/SMG etc. is a diffetrent story but a regualr slushbox NO WAY boring as HELL. The choice is simple in my eyes.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:42 PM
GT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant futureGT650-25 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by farris
What mods have you done on the CLS?

Post some pics please.

Will do but there is 2 ft of snow outside so the CLS sits in the garage next to the lambo The CLS has renntech goodies, CF lip and, dropped on 360 forged wheels Here is a preview with just wheels

Last edited by GT650-25; 12-18-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Owning two E60 M5's you know where I stand.
Now on the video from Russia it appears the M5 beat the MB cls55 w/ Kleemann kit.
The M5 is a top end car. Never bet against it on a high mph run.
I have never lost against a cls55.
The future also looks good with the new F10 M5. Twin turbo V8, think of the tuning possibilities.

M5 ALL THE WAY!

Ranger

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M5 or CLS 55 AMG?