BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6
View Poll Results: What is better?
BMW M5 with $8k in mods (mostly aesthetic)
54.74%
CLS 55 AMg with Kleeman K4 Package
45.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

M5 or CLS 55 AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hdsr09
CLS55 hands down... mod for mod there is no comparison because it has a supercharger...

AND the biggest issue with an M5 for me is that it looks like any of the other 1,534,923 5-Series BMW's on the road, whereas there are WAAAAAYY less CLS's on the road... When you spend big coin on a car, I assume most people wouldn't want every 10th car they see on the road looking the same as the car they just bought... That is L-A-M-E.... That's why I took it to the next level and sold my CLS55 for a Lamborghini... lol...
So... your reasoning is not to buy a car that may be more satisfying simply due to its success and others like it on the road? And your conclusion is to buy a lamborghini? Uh huh...

Old 12-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
So... your reasoning is not to buy a car that may be more satisfying simply due to its success and others like it on the road? And your conclusion is to buy a lamborghini? Uh huh...
I find it the EXACT opposite.. Merc makes 2636474 AMG models.. If you own and M series car its an M3, M5 or M6.. Merc has diluted the AMG by having too many of them IMO.. They are lethargic also.. The M5 is still today the WORLDS FASTEST SEDAN.. To me its an Elite car..

Mike

Old 12-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I find it the EXACT opposite.. Merc makes 2636474 AMG models.. If you own and M series car its an M3, M5 or M6.. Merc has diluted the AMG by having too many of them IMO.. They are lethargic also.. The M5 is still today the WORLDS FASTEST SEDAN.. To me its an Elite car..

Mike
An elite car to me as well and I think the argument can be made there are plenty of both on the road

Old 12-24-2009, 07:20 PM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
M5 would be my choice. Suspension is too soft in the AMG for my taste.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:38 AM
hdsr09 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CURI0
NO Beavis, What I am saying is that there are MANY, MANY more 5-Series on the road as compared to CLS's. The reason being is the entry level cost of a base 5-Series versus a base CLS. The base CLS costs considerably more. YES, There are MANY AMG & M cars on the road, but I am not talking about the AMG family, and that is NOT the focus of this thread. I am talking specifically about a Kleemann K4 modded CLS55 AMG, which IS the focus of this thread. Some of you guys are trying to bring the entire AMG line into this discussion. KEEP IT FOCUSED ON HIS QUESTIONS GUYS, and you'll see my point. People spend a great deal of money to obtain a fast and/or exclusive car. My point is, the CLS55 is a great deal better looking (a universally admitted thing) AND more exclusive, getting many more "looks" from "normal" people than an M5 (something I have personally seen driving a CLS55 around town vs. driving an M5), which looks like any other of the thousands of 5-Series on the road to the "normal" person.

Another factor to consider is the current 5-Series body style is on the way out next year, so it will be DATED within a year (they already have spy shots of the next 5-Series). The current CLS55 will be good until 2012 or so.

To each his own, but I am talking about exclusivity. The reason I am not talking about the handling of the car or things of that nature is because I think if you want to get into that argument, buy a "real" sports car. A Sedan "wannabe" sports car like an M5 or CLS55 (of which I have owned both in my life by the way) is mostly good for straight-line speed, in which case a CLS55 can SMOKE an M5 because of it's supercharger and the available upgrades that can take you to 640 HP (the HP output of a Kleemann K4 modded CLS55) pretty easily. It would not be so easy for you to get an M5 to that level of HP without spending ten's of thousands of dollars. You put a whale of a car like an M5 or CLS55 versus a real sports car and the whale car will get SMOKED in a chicane or any other measurement of performance for handling or driving feel.

fyi: I consider a "true" sports car to be a front engine, preferably mid-engine car with 2 doors.

If you want to talk straight-line speed AND twisties, handling, braking, etc. in a serious conversation AND get off the specific focus of this thread, buy a Porsche "S"/GT3/Turbo, Lamborghini, Ferrari or the like then I will take what you have to say seriously. I wanted to go there, so I bought a Gallardo, and am buying all the best power & handling mods for it that you can get, sans a twin turbo kit.

ANYWAY, His SPECIFIC question was whether an M5 with mostly aesthetic mods OR a Kleemann K4 modded CLS55 would be your choice, and with those options in mind, it is the CLS55 hands down for me, considering all my previous points, and the fact the Kleemann CLS55 will take the M5 out in a straight-line. For typical street/freeway use, you will not be hitting 150+, you will be doing mostly stoplight to stoplight or 70-130 runs, which the 640HP Kleeman CLS55 will dominate an M5 with mostly aesthetic mods. ANYONE WANNA ARGUE THE DUMB ARGUMENT THAT A MOSTLY STOCK M5 WILL BEAT A 640HP KLEEMANN K4 CLS55 ON CITY STREETS OR ON THE FREEWAY?

Old 12-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
NO Beavis, What I am saying is that there are MANY, MANY more 5-Series on the road as compared to CLS's. The reason being is the entry level cost of a base 5-Series versus a base CLS. The base CLS costs considerably more. YES, There are MANY AMG & M cars on the road, but I am not talking about the AMG family, and that is NOT the focus of this thread. I am talking specifically about a Kleemann K4 modded CLS55 AMG, which IS the focus of this thread. Some of you guys are trying to bring the entire AMG line into this discussion. KEEP IT FOCUSED ON HIS QUESTIONS GUYS, and you'll see my point. People spend a great deal of money to obtain a fast and/or exclusive car. My point is, the CLS55 is a great deal better looking (a universally admitted thing) AND more exclusive, getting many more "looks" from "normal" people than an M5 (something I have personally seen driving a CLS55 around town vs. driving an M5), which looks like any other of the thousands of 5-Series on the road to the "normal" person.

Another factor to consider is the current 5-Series body style is on the way out next year, so it will be DATED within a year (they already have spy shots of the next 5-Series). The current CLS55 will be good until 2012 or so.

To each his own, but I am talking about exclusivity. The reason I am not talking about the handling of the car or things of that nature is because I think if you want to get into that argument, buy a "real" sports car. A Sedan "wannabe" sports car like an M5 or CLS55 (of which I have owned both in my life by the way) is mostly good for straight-line speed, in which case a CLS55 can SMOKE an M5 because of it's supercharger and the available upgrades that can take you to 640 HP (the HP output of a Kleemann K4 modded CLS55) pretty easily. It would not be so easy for you to get an M5 to that level of HP without spending ten's of thousands of dollars. You put a whale of a car like an M5 or CLS55 versus a real sports car and the whale car will get SMOKED in a chicane or any other measurement of performance for handling or driving feel.

fyi: I consider a "true" sports car to be a front engine, preferably mid-engine car with 2 doors.

If you want to talk straight-line speed AND twisties, handling, braking, etc. in a serious conversation AND get off the specific focus of this thread, buy a Porsche "S"/GT3/Turbo, Lamborghini, Ferrari or the like then I will take what you have to say seriously. I wanted to go there, so I bought a Gallardo, and am buying all the best power & handling mods for it that you can get, sans a twin turbo kit.

ANYWAY, His SPECIFIC question was whether an M5 with mostly aesthetic mods OR a Kleemann K4 modded CLS55 would be your choice, and with those options in mind, it is the CLS55 hands down for me, considering all my previous points, and the fact the Kleemann CLS55 will take the M5 out in a straight-line. For typical street/freeway use, you will not be hitting 150+, you will be doing mostly stoplight to stoplight or 70-130 runs, which the 640HP Kleeman CLS55 will dominate an M5 with mostly aesthetic mods. ANYONE WANNA ARGUE THE DUMB ARGUMENT THAT A MOSTLY STOCK M5 WILL BEAT A 640HP KLEEMANN K4 CLS55 ON CITY STREETS OR ON THE FREEWAY?

Ill Take that bet.. As long as the Kleeman runs thru all the gears and doesnt let off ill take that bet all day.. When the m5 clicks 6th it will walk by the TURD on top as it does with every car..

Here is an Example of a BONE STOCK M6 Vs Kleeman 640HP E55 TURD.. The always get out in front with TQ and then run out of breath on top.. if you havent experienced an M5 or M6 on top in 6th and 7th gear you have no idea how fast they are.. my M5 RAPED my 997 Gt3 weighing 1000lbs less on the highway.. When the m5 clicked 5th it looked like i was on 4 flat tires..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8899701&hl=en#

Official comment from Kleeman Denmark:

The race between the E55 and the M6 is the result of:

5 speed auto box vs. - 7 speed F1-gear box =

·more opportunities to stay in peak power rev range
·much faster up-shift times

The superfast gear shift and many gears give the M6 its major advantage. We also saw how the M-cars were able to give the Gallardo and 997 Turbo with manual shift a run for their money.

Other possible factors:
·Vehicle mass (1650 vs 1750 kg)(at least at lower speeds)
·8,000 rpm redline vs 6300 rpm redline

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; 12-26-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey hdsr09 boys do your stoplight to stoplight runs.
Men do serious topend runs. Oh and btw we do them safely.

Now regarding comparisons, I've NEVER lost to a cls55 (which is the premise of this fuking thread). Now you want to throw in a Kleemann well lets see how it does when the E60 M5 gets FI or runs nitrous. Result = dead Kleemann.
When we finish our project soon I want to rape every Kleemann and Renntech out there.
Oh and buddy lets see what gives when the F10 M5 comes with V8 TT.
Serious tunability = dead MB's
There are many great things coming for BMW.

Oh and hey buddy stop with the large loud bold yelling type. IT'S OBNOXIOUS.

Ranger

Old 12-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
That is L-A-M-E.... That's why I took it to the next level and sold my CLS55 for a Lamborghini... lol...
Also hdsr09 unless you have an LP560-4 or Murci, I eat your Lambo's all day (with a little juice).
In the near future we'll kill any MB's or Lambo you bring.
BMW buddy, to bad you do not see the light.
I'm having a blast.

Ranger

Old 12-26-2009, 06:20 PM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Is it just in Houston that everyone riding around in a CLS is a thug?

Old 12-27-2009, 12:47 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
1. depends what your other car is...if you have a sports car...id get the cls55...better cruiser, just cause i hate smg (although the 7spd smg smashes on the 5speed auto on the freeway)...but for dd merc boxes are smooth from my experience.
if it was my only car id take the m5...prefer the suspension and handling and engine of the m5.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by sammyrusso
1. depends what your other car is...if you have a sports car...id get the cls55...better cruiser, just cause i hate smg (although the 7spd smg smashes on the 5speed auto on the freeway)...but for dd merc boxes are smooth from my experience.
if it was my only car id take the m5...prefer the suspension and handling and engine of the m5.
You make a good point. I just don't understand why some hate the SMG so much.
Having a GT3RS I feel the M5 is my hi-performance family sedan. My 3 boys love riding in the M5. It is a great DD. In heavy traffic just put it in "D" and it's comfort.

Ranger

Old 12-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Gsxryder415 is infamous around these parts
I'd go with the CLS

Old 12-31-2009, 07:36 PM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
Got a CLS55 for my wife last summer. We test drove two M5's. The MB won on looks, and interior. Not sure about performance...it was for my wife.... Seats on the MB are amazing, just pray to god they don't fail now that car is out of warranty!

Old 01-06-2010, 12:37 PM
BMWPower06 is infamous around these parts
M5 for sure

Old 01-06-2010, 02:47 PM
gweth is infamous around these parts
m5 is a beast of a automoblie

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M5 or CLS 55 AMG?