BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Bolt on E92 M3 DCT does 12.04 @ 115.5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:24 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Bolt on E92 M3 DCT does 12.04 @ 115.5

Went to a private track event last Saturday, Famoso Raceway, and managed to get some decent times. Took me several runs to figure out what the best launch was with the DCT and the Nitto DR's.

The DCT has no problem heating up the Drag Radials, in the end I found the best way to launch was the same way I did it on my E46 M3 SMG, just mash the pedal, or "burnout" mode with the heated DR's and go.

I hit a handful of 12.0X's and some 12.1's and 12.2's, also had plenty of bad passes trying to figure out the launch, just missed that 11.9, probably not doable at that track unless the DA was -200, lol.

With full interior I hit 12.17, then I decided to take out the rear seats as everyone else was, and I ran slightly worse times at first, 12.2's and 12.3's. I let the car cool down a bit more, the sun went down and I hit four 12.0x passes back to back no cool down, 12.04 being the best, 60' was 1.81, 1/8th mile 7.78 @ 92.11 MPH.

There were 3 modded C63's there as well, awesome cars, ranging from 435-470whp, and I barely edged out the more powerful two of the three. Their best times were. 12.07, 12.1.

I also ran the vbox at the same time, and found that it is very close with ET's and Trap's, the MPH at Famoso was about .5-1 mph slower than the Vbox the ET's were pretty similiar. On the Vbox at sea level in 49-50 degree temps I have managed 117-119 traps and 93-95 MPH 1/8th mile traps, not sure why I couldn't hit those at Famoso or on the Vbox during the runs as the air was decent, but two of those C63's should have been trapping 120+, they were in the 115-117MPH and the 435whp tune only C63 trapped 115MPH, they have done that stock at other tracks, one stock DCT M3 hit 12.6 at 111MPH, his trap was down a bit too. At Sacramento Raceway those higher traps might be doable, 11 second ET's certainly would be.

Fun event, awesome cars and I met a bunch of good guys as well. Big thanks to Mo over on MBworld.org for setting this event up.:thumsup:

Here's the slip, the time was actually 5:39 and Nov. 21st.

Name:  drew_12_04.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  30.9 KB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_NeeL084AU

Old 11-25-2009, 01:52 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Weird, I had a huge issue heating up the drag radials. Still do without a line lock.

Probably different software revision as I was doing it a year ago.

Wish I would have pulled the seats, oh well.

I disagree about mashing the peddle being the best way to launch, as with launch control I broke into the 1.7x range for the 60 foot. Regardless, different methods seem to work so people should do what is best for them.

Edit: Were you in S6 or D5?

Last edited by CURI0; 11-25-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:54 AM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CURI0
Weird, I had a huge issue heating up the drag radials. Still do without a line lock.

Probably different software revision as I was doing it a year ago.

Wish I would have pulled the seats, oh well.

I disagree about mashing the peddle being the best way to launch, as with launch control I broke into the 1.7x range for the 60 foot. Regardless, different methods seem to work so people should do what is best for them.

Edit: Were you in S6 or D5?
I think you're right, I could probably have gotten a better launch, using the other method, just wasn't working for me that day, the DCT was acting up at times not sure why Bro.

Right after I took the seats out the car ran the same or slower times, lol, it didn't go faster until after sundown and was cooler out, but I'm sure it helped. Some of those cars had the passanger and rear seats out, if I did that I may have hit 11's, who knows.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:11 AM
ETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant future
Nice runs. Crazy how much louder it is in the interior when you pull the rear seats

Old 11-25-2009, 12:02 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Pretty impressive times for a small amount of mods.
Well done.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Here's the run against the SL55 AMG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFQU8wEZZHo

Here's the two 460+whp C63 AMG's going at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVvBEH8RqSU

Old 11-25-2009, 04:50 PM
st06m3 is infamous around these parts
Nice job Drew.

I like the video where your trying to reset the VBox and the tree is almost to green and then you take off.....lmao. The vid of you racing the sl55 AMG was awesome, you shot out like a cannon and smoked the sl55.

Its cool you got a pretty good correlation between real 1/4 mile runs and the Vbox. When I get mine, I will post numbers.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:16 PM
GTIMAN99 is infamous around these parts
impressive

Old 11-25-2009, 05:48 PM
czechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for sharing, nice vids.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:10 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
They really nailed the gearing and transmission on this car for it to move out like that! Congrats your within a cats whisker of the 11's!

Old 11-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
I also ran the vbox at the same time, and found that it is very close with ET's and Trap's, the MPH at Famoso was about .5-1 mph slower than the Vbox the ET's were pretty similiar.
Makes sense.

Dragstrips use the average mph over the last 66' of the run to determine your trap speed, while the V-box shows your max mph, period.

Great job, Drew!

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-25-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Drew - I continue to be impressed every time I see your posts. It appears you are getting every last ounce out of that car and the mods you have done. I love it man.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
I think you're right, I could probably have gotten a better launch, using the other method, just wasn't working for me that day, the DCT was acting up at times not sure why Bro.

Right after I took the seats out the car ran the same or slower times, lol, it didn't go faster until after sundown and was cooler out, but I'm sure it helped. Some of those cars had the passanger and rear seats out, if I did that I may have hit 11's, who knows.
The DA dropped, DA is everything.

Launch control is temperamental, I have no idea why it does what it does sometimes. It is not consistent, but when it works, it works.

Dropping the seat will give you what you need, as would a slight improvement in the 60 foot. Trust me, been there, and don't think Sacramento will give you what you need, I drove up. It's advantage is overstated as they don't prep like they do for a private event in Famoso. Plus, the DA was pretty freaking good.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by ETW 360
Nice runs. Crazy how much louder it is in the interior when you pull the rear seats
haha, agreed, sounds much more aggressive.

Originally Posted by AWD
Pretty impressive times for a small amount of mods.
Well done.
Not bad for 363whp.

Originally Posted by st06m3
Nice job Drew.

I like the video where your trying to reset the VBox and the tree is almost to green and then you take off.....lmao. The vid of you racing the sl55 AMG was awesome, you shot out like a cannon and smoked the sl55.

Its cool you got a pretty good correlation between real 1/4 mile runs and the Vbox. When I get mine, I will post numbers.
Thanks Bro, can't wait to see your results J.

Originally Posted by GTIMAN99
impressive
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by czechchamp
Thanks for sharing, nice vids.
Thanks, appreciate that!

Originally Posted by germeezy1
They really nailed the gearing and transmission on this car for it to move out like that! Congrats your within a cats whisker of the 11's!
Almost there, thanks man.

Last edited by DLSJ5; 11-25-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Makes sense.

Dragstrips use the average mph over the last 66' of the run to determine your trap speed, while the V-box shows your max mph, period.

Great job, Drew!
This is true. Thanks Scott!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bolt on E92 M3 DCT does 12.04 @ 115.5