BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My HORRIBLE experience with BMW of Manhattan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Poeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud of
Angry My HORRIBLE experience with BMW of Manhattan

i own and M5 as a daily driver, and a 997 S which just sits in my driveway

i brought my car to manhattan motor cars and got Screwed read my story below.

I brought my car into BMW of Manhattan because while i was driving on the highway switching gears, the car made a bang and completely when numb, no throttle response.

When i got there the service adviser said it should be a problem and it should be covered under warranty.

a day later calls me back and says were gonna open up the tranny and let you know whats wrong with it, a day after that he calls me and says i need a new clutch and that bmw wont cover it cause it was "abused" which was total BS.. so i said close it up and i'll send it to my shop. he says ok.. the labor is $1680.00 for what we did which was determine the problem.

i called bmw of NA and they said that they wont help me because of their report from bmw of manhattan and they didnt help me at all what they did was call bmw of manhattan confirm the situation, called me back and basically said
"theres nothing we can do" which is a total lie considering he is the manager over there who over sees the problems of all bmw's service issues.

Now i have to pay $2700 to fix the clutch and BMW of Manhattan, with no .they basically SCAMMED the me..

oh ye, and i forgot to mention that the clutch was replaced 2000 miles prior to this incident.

i'm very upset about BMW's Poor service,this might be my last beemer, and i will patronize them to the end.

i'm not the first person to be scammed by BMW of Manhattan. do some searches look at their reviews, their a bunch of thieves.

Jeff L. Cicero was my advisor.

prior to my clutch going out i brought the car in because it smelled like burnt clutch and a service advisor named Michael Ciasco said " i've been working with these cars for years and that smell is normal"

Ji Ho is the service manager there and he is a part of this scheme as well. my friend brought his M6 in because the windshield wiper fluid was "Low" all the time. Jiho at bmw of Manhattan said it would cost $350 to fix. My friend brought the car to circle BMW and fixed it for FREEE.

not only did Jiho and bmw of Manhattan try to get some money from my friends m6, but when he picked it up they said they gave him and oil change, and topped off all the fluids. well when he got the car back the oil was below minimum, and all his fluids were low. we brought the car to Bob at Circle bmw in NJ and he said that all the fluids were low and topped off the all the fluids for my friend.

guys do not and i repeat DO NOT bring your car to BMW of Manhattan or you will be on of the any who got scammed

i used to be a BMW fanatatic, i still am.. but this is about my 5th beemer and this is how they treat me???

they have a goodwill program that could've helped me out, but they even denied me on that.. BMW of NA completely denied any assistants what so ever.. even when i told them i want to take my car elsewhere, and bmw of manhattan told me i would have to pay for the "10.5 hours of labor" that they did, BWM of NA completely shut me out saying and i quote "i wish there was something i can do, but i can't" come on, what kind of BS is that? the head case manager of a multi billion dollar service department can't assist me when i'm getting raped? what happens if my clutch goes out in another 2000 miles? what then?

Another issue that REALLY grinded my gears was the fact that over the phone they told me i would need a new flywheel as well, (which i'm sure u all know is about twice the amount of a clutch), So u payed them a surprize visit one day. I called the my service adviser and said, " I'm 5 minutes away i'm coming to take a look at the damage" he immediately said, "right nows not a good time, were very busy, their working on the car yada yada yada ect..." i told him "i'll be there in 5".. when i got there he told "guess what i got good news, i spoke to the foreman and hes going to be able to salvage your flywheel, so you'll be saving around 2k there"... does anyone else think thats fishy?! When i saw the flywheel it looks brand spanking new, the engagement of the clutch on my car has never been the same, and i'm to scared to drive the car how it is suppose to be driven.. does anyone have a solid contact at BMW of NA that could help me?.. any help would be very appreciated.. thanks guys

this is a thread i started when the problem first happened, and u can see the whole story there

forums.5series.net/index.php?showtopic=88341

if u had any recent experiences with them please comment

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-17-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: active link to another forum
Old 12-03-2009, 10:35 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
What's the point of this in a Porsche forum ?!?

Old 12-03-2009, 10:39 AM
DaveC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adias
+1 You're angry and evidently you want the world to know.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:44 AM
henrysko is infamous around these partshenrysko is infamous around these parts
x2!

But, good luck with it anyway.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:45 AM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Your post was deleted once yesterday already, this won't last long.

Sorry to hear about your experiences but there are better ways of dealing with said situations and more mature manners in which to describe it.

Edit - admittedly, this post today is a lot cleaner than the one from yesterday

Old 12-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
This post cost me three grand. I ran it through spell and grammar check, my computer burst into flames.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
I would suggest you post your experience with the dealership at Bimmerfest. The folks there would be more interested, I believe.

Good luck!

Old 12-03-2009, 11:06 AM
vexed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fahrer
I would suggest you post your experience with the dealership at Bimmerfest. The folks there would be more interested, I believe.

Good luck!
He already did and it was not well received. As a former M5 owner I have some sympathy but I find it very odd a clutch would destruct so quickly under normal driving conditions.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:20 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
3 Bim's for me. Never again.
E46 Rod bearings.
00 M Roadster, Rear subframe ripout.
02 Z8 Shock tower spread.

The bad german car company.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:13 PM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
Pay for it on a credit card and then dispute the charge. Buy some time to negotiate it with BMW NA.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Poeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud ofPoeser has much to be proud of
i did dispute, but BMW of NA wants nothing to do with it..

yes, i do want the world to know about bmw of manhattan and their ways... please learn from my experience

Old 12-03-2009, 05:33 PM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
Dispute the charge with your credit card company. Let them do all the work. When they hold payment to BMW Manhattan, BMW manhattan will do something just to settle and get paid what they can get.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:00 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by adias
well, i guess, because he has a 997s, he wanted to share his experience with us, some people have bmw as DD, and porsche for their weekend car. It's good to know when dealerships are trying to get over. They are people with 100k plus m6's on this forum.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:05 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Smile

Originally Posted by Poeser
i did dispute, but BMW of NA wants nothing to do with it..

yes, i do want the world to know about bmw of manhattan and their ways... please learn from my experience
I must say, you Amex next time, they credit you right back, with no problems.... They are great with that, i had one problem a long time ago, with someone shipping me wheels, with the wrong tires, they sent me 275/30 instead of 295/30's, i was hot, and scared at the same time. Once I called Amex, they said no problem, did their investigation, and credit my card withing 48hours....
P.S: get rid of you Visa/Mastercard.....

Old 03-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
I must say, you Amex next time, they credit you right back, with no problems.... They are great with that, i had one problem a long time ago, with someone shipping me wheels, with the wrong tires, they sent me 275/30 instead of 295/30's, i was hot, and scared at the same time. Once I called Amex, they said no problem, did their investigation, and credit my card withing 48hours....
P.S: get rid of you Visa/Mastercard.....

I did pay for it with amex, and bmw of manhattan showed them my signed CC slip. And amex did not respect my dispute.

In the end (FYI to all you people who asked why i made this post) BMW of NA sent me a fat check when they saw that i posted this on 8 forums and got well over 18,000 views. This is the power of forums.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My HORRIBLE experience with BMW of Manhattan