BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

X5 or X6 M

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 06:51 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
X5M or X6M is up to your specific preference. But thanks to BMW for handing all the SAV/SUV's their ***. It's a great car is def on my list of things to buy. Heard nothing but good things except from the occasional Cayenne owner.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:52 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
__________________________________________________ ________

First of all, Marcus, there is no problem here.

Secondly, you are right, it IS a "sport SUV". I drive my X6 M a couple days a week. Do you not need an SAV? I feel bad for you. You may even only have 1 car and therefore think that everyone's car-buying decision should be based upon what you perceive as the best car that someone who can only afford or garage a single car should have.

Third, who needs an SAV with 555 hp / 501 ft/lbs of torque? I do. On the 2 or 3 days a week I drive mine, I enjoy the 0-60 in the 4.3 sec I've clocked with my G-Tech. I enjoy the massive acceleration on the freeway from 65 to 90 that throws my head back against the headrest. I like driving quickly on the freeway in the heavy rain in a car that is as stable as a freight train. I really enjoyed pulling a Cayenne S out of the ditch the other morning when we had a black ice episode. And, frankly, sometimes I even enjoy getting on the tail of an Carrera S, M3 or M5 and pushing him really hard.

But that's just me.

I love it when other people tell me what I should drive. Marcus' only surprise was not throwing old that tired, old argument: telling me that I could have bought 3 1/2 Ford SUVs for what my X6 M cost me.

Memo from BMW to Marcus: "We know that the X6 M is typically not the buyer's only car. There is a very lucrative market out there for people who have several cars. Those people usually crave performance. That is why the performance versions of Porsche Cayenne S, Turbo & GTS have been such a big success and Porsche AG has made a bundle on them. We want some of that action and we expect to completely sell out our 2010 allocation of X6 Ms. This is not a "build it and they will come" vehicle. We've done our homework. Although we certainly expect that some people will buy it as their only car or daily driver, our research indicates that it will typically be the buyer's 2nd, 3rd or 4th car in their garage."
Well said.

Rep for you X///M brother.

ps. Love the 6/// in Silverstone - nice choice.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:44 PM
DoctaM3 has a spectacular aura aboutDoctaM3 has a spectacular aura about
The reason why a 555hp SAC--well, because we can!

You have to drive it to understand!

Old 01-17-2010, 06:44 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
As documented in the snow thread, I just went through this process and chose the X6M. I have had 3 X5's and drive a 4.8 currently. All of these cars have been excellent. The X6M was a chance to be a little different and a bit less "Famlyish". I don't have children and never find myself lugging lots of cargo. The X6 may handle a bit better because of the lower center of gravity but it was really aesthetics and the desire for a change that made the difference. It just looks and feels sportier. The rear cargo space is only different in terms of height. Two sets of golf clubs fit fine and I will never need more space than It gives me. Having said that, all of the knocks on this car are the exact reason that I love it. I have seen the top gear videos knocking the fact that it doesn't appeal completely to any sensibility. It won't go off road. Why would I want to take a 100K M car in the mud? It isn't good in the snow. Every video has the 21" sports wheels and tires. We have already heard that a change of tires will take care of that, and oh by the way, when I had a Cayenne TT I had to change the tires as well and I never went looking for a nice snow storm to frolic in. It's to big and sits to high to be a "real road car". This is the one that kills me. Every car that is supposed to be a real road car has some compromise. In this case, it's hard to find fault with the way this car drives in traffic or on bendy roads. When I read the engineering section on the car I was blown away. There is very little that was not addressed. The simple fact is that you would need 4 different cars to satisfy all of the complaints. That is what makes this car outstanding, you get a lot of needs addressed at once. You can have a daily driver that will fit 4 with plenty of cargo that can haul *** and with the right tires get you home in any weather. It has curb appeal and plenty of interior features and design. And one more thing, I've seen spy photos of the new cayenne and a number of other vehicles. There is a bit of a down-sizing coming if not already. Many manufactures are softening the roof and rear lines of their SUV / SAV products. This feels a lot like what happen when the CLS came out. The critics panned it for compromises and said it looked odd. Five years later, every manufacturer is making a copy-cat car. I had one of them the first year also.

Last edited by jaymoney; 01-17-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Aeroguy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HIRISC
'marcus'

What do you drive again?
maybe he drives a 360?

Old 01-18-2010, 01:14 AM
INFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really nice
x6 all the way

Old 03-02-2010, 04:42 PM
flightz71 is infamous around these parts
X6M. Even though less functional it is SEXY as EFF!!

Old 03-02-2010, 08:37 PM
streetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond reputestreetking has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marcusmiller360
I think the problem here is that you are a buying a "sport SUV."

Why not just blow all that money on cheap booze and cheaper women? You'd get much more for your buck than buying a SUV with an "M" badge on it.

Sorry to have no love for this but really, an SUV with 555 hp? Why? what purpose?
Because we are performance people. I have a 2011 white X5M on order for my wife and have been talking with Dinan about the available upgrades, plus it will look good parked next to my other M's.. My wife needs a 11 sec SUV..

SW

Last edited by streetking; 03-02-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:46 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
I like the lines of the X6M much more.

Love your signature btw SW.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:51 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I chose X5M. Will get an X6M next time, in about 24 months. I went with Carbon Black, but wish I had chosen Alpine White. So much easier to keep clean.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:06 PM
luis_102 is infamous around these parts
X6 m

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.