BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My modified M3 exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
My modified M3 exhaust

I modified a stock e92/3 exhaust.

Pics here:

http://gallery.mac.com/periokid#1004...lack&view=grid

Video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_x86hFsSmM

Old 12-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Mentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of lightMentosman43 is a glorious beacon of light
Loved your exhaust from the get go on m3post! I'm gonna be doing the same thing very very soon!

Old 12-13-2009, 09:55 PM
cheddar is infamous around these parts
not bad. would you be able to cut on the top of the exhaust? i wouldnt mind trying it on the stock exhaust i have lying in the garage.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:55 PM
RS4-Brian is infamous around these partsRS4-Brian is infamous around these parts
Any annoying drone while at normal commuting speeds?

Old 12-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cheddar
not bad. would you be able to cut on the top of the exhaust? i wouldnt mind trying it on the stock exhaust i have lying in the garage.
Maybe. The top is narrower and has more of a curve. My original plan was to access the top but the bottom was easier and provided better access to the inside.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by RS4-Brian
Any annoying drone while at normal commuting speeds?
No drone. The Helmholtz chambers are still in the muffler and serve their purpose even with the mod.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:34 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
I knew your screen name sounded familiar! I was the guy asking about it over in the other forum. Sounded better than some aftermarket exhausts that I have heard.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:55 AM
RS4-Brian is infamous around these partsRS4-Brian is infamous around these parts
I agree...it sounds fabulous.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:56 PM
ZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of lightZBOSS is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds great

Old 12-17-2009, 01:28 PM
MCars is infamous around these parts
Please explain...Thanks

So I'm a four year old....to re-cap if I understood your pictures correctly.
You opened up the bottom halk of the exhaust.
Removed the wadding/insulation.
Then wrapped the interior pipes with something???...
Not trying to oversimplify it....just trying to fully understand.
What was it that you wrapped around the interior pipes???
Many Thanks.

I still have the factory cans on my car...but I have a Fabspeed HFC & X-Pipe resonator delete...and was wondering how your set-up works as I do like the factory look.
Regards

Old 12-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by MCars
So I'm a four year old....to re-cap if I understood your pictures correctly.
You opened up the bottom halk of the exhaust.
Removed the wadding/insulation.
Then wrapped the interior pipes with something???...
Not trying to oversimplify it....just trying to fully understand.
What was it that you wrapped around the interior pipes???
Many Thanks.

I still have the factory cans on my car...but I have a Fabspeed HFC & X-Pipe resonator delete...and was wondering how your set-up works as I do like the factory look.
Regards
You are right on, almost. I removed the wadding, sealed two of the four perforated pipes with exhaust repair wrap (which cures when heated), repacked the exhaust with the wadding, and wedded it shut. Then I painted the muffler black.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:19 AM
MCars is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Periokid
You are right on, almost. I removed the wadding, sealed two of the four perforated pipes with exhaust repair wrap (which cures when heated), repacked the exhaust with the wadding, and wedded it shut. Then I painted the muffler black.
thanks

Old 12-19-2009, 07:05 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
Didn't realize all the packing stuff went back in.

Sounds great. Serously sounds better than most aftermarket exhausts out there.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:48 PM
CCK
CCK is infamous around these parts
nice sound!

Old 12-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Funny thing is I have only been able to drive the car a few days and now winter jumped on us. Now I have to wait to hear it again.