BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

E46 M3 AA Supercharged vs E60 M5 at age 30

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Enigma M3
BTW what do you guys think about this exhaust?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E46-M...Q5fAccessories

great price nice look. I want to change my borla rear section from oval tips to this.

What you think?

That appears to be a Gruppem exhaust. VERY loud!!! I had the supersprint race and loved it. Not quite as loud as the Gruppem but still quite loud.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:21 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
I dont think your too old for an M3. Being in sales and have been driving m3 and m5s for years I can tell you the M5 is a beast. It is not as toosable or as good a handling car as the M3 but the engine is amazing. If I were you I would actually get the e90 4 door M3. It is the best fo both worlds. Bigger than your M3 but not as Big as an M5 and the V8 in that car is a real gem. As an overall car BMW has never built a better car IMO. Go drive a 6 speed sedan and you will see what I am talking about. To bad your not in NJ I would be able to get and M5 and M3 for you to drive.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Roland H. has a spectacular aura aboutRoland H. has a spectacular aura about
E90 4-Door is the perfect balance in my opinion.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Enigma M3 is infamous around these parts
Found some reasonable priced e60 m5 im very seriously thinking about pulling the trigger, but damn im loyal to my car :9

Old 03-06-2010, 01:23 PM
AceRothstein415 is infamous around these parts
consider an m6 too? or you want a 4door?

Old 03-06-2010, 02:07 PM
H Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of light
i just turned 30, you are never to old for an M3. i had the E46 M3 then got a E39 M5 and after missing a 2 door and the fun factor of my M3 i traded in my M5 for a 08 E92 M3

in my op i would look at the E92 M3 instead of the M5/M6. it is more grown up version of the E46 M3. i love mine. the high revving V8 is amazing engine and the adjustable susp is sweet and the M diff is just awesome. i have the manual but if you like those video game paddles then the DCT tranny in the M3 is far better then the single clutch SMG in the M5/M6, i mean far better.

you can get some good deals on low mile M3's and you can even get it in the E90 4 door version if you feel a 2 door is not grown up enough for you lol. here is a couple pics when my car was stock, i have since added some things.

i put the Dinan Midpipe with Rear muffler on it and it sounds like an exotic car now, it sounds so good and there is no drone and it gave it awesome power too. i take my buddies 08 M5 and give him a run for his money now. he has the SMG and i have manual. if i had the DCT in mine i think i would take him for sure bc the launch control in the new M3 is far better then his and the dual clutch tranny just makes the SMG in the M5/M6 look horrible

def go test drive a E9X M3 i think you would be suprised at how well it will suit you. i think it is the 30 year olds kind of car lol

Attached Images     
Old 03-06-2010, 05:54 PM
techlogik is infamous around these parts
What's to say? The M3 is better, unless you like a boat anchor for a car with good straight line power and V10.

The M3 all day...sorry, M5, I love your V10, but that is all...

Old 03-07-2010, 06:43 AM
mrtm2008 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Roland H.
E90 4-Door is the perfect balance in my opinion.
I completely agree!!! BUT unless the OP doesn't like the look of the new E9x M3s. Also remember that the new E9x M3 is about the size of the E39 M5, making the E60 M5 much that more bigger.

I also went from a E46 M3 with Dinan S3-R to a E90 M3. If the stock 414 hp isn't enough to satisfy you, the new SC kits that are out/coming out will more than satisfy you!

My family car:

Old 03-07-2010, 06:18 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Enigma,
It is your Candy Color. If it was gray, black or etc., it's good to go until you are 50.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:16 PM
sly1types is infamous around these parts
The big question is what do you do with your car. Do you track it? Do you drive it hard? Do you use the full potential of your blower? Do you have people in the back seat much?

btw nice car we have the exact same exterior mods...

Last edited by sly1types; 03-07-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by AceRothstein415
consider an m6 too? or you want a 4door?
Just want to upgrade. M6 is definitely an option would follow VIC55 taste white on black preferably.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by H Bomb
i just turned 30, you are never to old for an M3. i had the E46 M3 then got a E39 M5 and after missing a 2 door and the fun factor of my M3 i traded in my M5 for a 08 E92 M3

in my op i would look at the E92 M3 instead of the M5/M6. it is more grown up version of the E46 M3. i love mine. the high revving V8 is amazing engine and the adjustable susp is sweet and the M diff is just awesome. i have the manual but if you like those video game paddles then the DCT tranny in the M3 is far better then the single clutch SMG in the M5/M6, i mean far better.

you can get some good deals on low mile M3's and you can even get it in the E90 4 door version if you feel a 2 door is not grown up enough for you lol. here is a couple pics when my car was stock, i have since added some things.

i put the Dinan Midpipe with Rear muffler on it and it sounds like an exotic car now, it sounds so good and there is no drone and it gave it awesome power too. i take my buddies 08 M5 and give him a run for his money now. he has the SMG and i have manual. if i had the DCT in mine i think i would take him for sure bc the launch control in the new M3 is far better then his and the dual clutch tranny just makes the SMG in the M5/M6 look horrible

def go test drive a E9X M3 i think you would be suprised at how well it will suit you. i think it is the 30 year olds kind of car lol

Thanks you for detailed analysis. I really appreciate it!!! iIm going to test drive an E60 m5 tomorrow, see what happens then the E9x m3 is next. I like the coupe "hooked" up but otherwsie needs mods to be pretty

Nice PICS. Good taste!

Ill tell you one thing though im sticking BMW for a while all the thrills a nd you can daily drive it more than any other premium car out there!!!!

Test driving an E60 m5 tomorrow then ill see if i can find E9x m3 to test. BTW how much are sc going for on E90 m3's?

Old 03-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by techlogik
What's to say? The M3 is better, unless you like a boat anchor for a car with good straight line power and V10.

The M3 all day...sorry, M5, I love your V10, but that is all...

Noted and thanks!

Old 03-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by mrtm2008
I completely agree!!! BUT unless the OP doesn't like the look of the new E9x M3s. Also remember that the new E9x M3 is about the size of the E39 M5, making the E60 M5 much that more bigger.

I also went from a E46 M3 with Dinan S3-R to a E90 M3. If the stock 414 hp isn't enough to satisfy you, the new SC kits that are out/coming out will more than satisfy you!

My family car:

Very nice dd: good advice . tHANKS

Old 03-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by sly1types
The big question is what do you do with your car. Do you track it? Do you drive it hard? Do you use the full potential of your blower? Do you have people in the back seat much?

btw nice car we have the exact same exterior mods...
Have never tracked it but want to and would scared to break anything because i would drive alonso with experience of simon cowell.....

I have POS beater for DD for train stations and errands but i hate it and then i have stage 1 e46 m3 for spirited runs nice days. Getting old on me had it since 03 with 30.000 on the clock now at 80k it the same feel its time for change but no sure....

I dive it hard otherwise would of got 318 :0, i have more stages on the blower and methnol injection i could purchase for extra 50 the wheels which i am considering but that will be 2k in mods another 1k for labor on a car that is not worth as much now-a-days

need the backseat... not really but would like to take a nice car on a roadtrip not a POS beater i have

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E46 M3 AA Supercharged vs E60 M5 at age 30