BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

New X6M

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 02:58 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Enjoy it thats one hot car. Better choice than a Cayenne TT

Old 02-21-2010, 03:25 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Great car, I bet you're stoked! But if this is considered an SUV, then I'm Brad Pitt..........I tried to sit in the back of one at a dealership and at 5'11" , my head was hitting the roof
I'm 5'9" and change and I'm ok in the back. I checked after your response. But I know what you mean. If the seats in front are up a boy you can lounge in the back with no clearance issue. But I don't have children. The back is for travel bags and sports gear. By the way, the rear compartment is more generous than you would expect. With the exception of the driver's 2 sets of clubs fit corner to corner. By the way, who is the girl in your avatar?

Old 02-21-2010, 03:31 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Porsche119
wow...nice.
So when I drove the X5M at one of the dealerships..it only had 10 miles on it...so your telling me it was detuned?
In the past an M car required a check at 1200 miles at which time BMW released the full capability of the car. This is to allow a risk free break in. Now, the car lets you know through the computer that you have all of the available HP. Also, the car becomes fully programmable in terms of your own engine preferences. I'm not sure to what extent you can tweak it but I will give detailed info at 1200 miles. So unless your car had 1200 miles, you were only experienced 435HP which is still pretty good. I put 100 miles on it in 2 days so it will be like getting a new car again in 2 weeks.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by master_jcp
Congrtas! One of the ebst daily drivers out there...... is the X6M faster than the V8 Vantage? It must be funny to have 200hp more in the daiyl driver than in the fun car!
My vantage has a QS exhaust, filters and reprogramming, so I'm at about 430HP. At the moment, the X6M has about the same. After 1200 miles, I will be at 555. I have a feeling that the acceleration will be very close. I had a cayenne TT and a boxter S ate the same time once and it was different so I bought a 996TT soon after. We'll see how this goes. I may be looking for a used DBS in the fall.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:56 PM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jaymoney
First driving impressions are a bit muted because the car is de-tuned for the first 1200 miles to 435HP. ................ I have to keep the RPM's to 4500 for now and that comes fast in the first few gears. ................................The brakes are ceramic and very responsive.

Huh???? I bought two 2010 X6 Ms. First one delivered in October 2010 and the 2nd in January 2010.

Neither was de-tuned to 435HP for the first 1200 miles. The dealer said nothing about this. The owners manual says nothing about this, nor do any of the other manuals or reference materials.

The only break-in reference is in the Supplemental Owners Manual (not the big thick one, but the thinner, extra one that says "Supplemental"), which says to keep it under 5,500 RPMs for the first 1200 miles; to avoid transmission kick-down; and to not use Launch Control. Then from 1200 miles to 3000 miles, keep it under 135 MPH.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

quote=jaymoney; "Now, the car lets you know through the computer that you have all of the available HP."

Could you point out to me how it does this? I'm not aware of anything in iDrive's Vehicle Status or Info sections that identies HP or any kind of performance data.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Also, I do not have ceramic brakes and I'm not aware that they are offered as an option on the 2010 X6 M.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

However, I also have the Sakhir Orange interior on my Alpine White X6 M and it rocks!

Last edited by TTCarrera; 02-21-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:03 AM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
Huh???? I bought two 2010 X6 Ms. First one delivered in October 2010 and the 2nd in January 2010.

Neither was de-tuned to 435HP for the first 1200 miles. The dealer said nothing about this. The owners manual says nothing about this, nor do any of the other manuals or reference materials.

The only break-in reference is in the Supplemental Owners Manual (not the big thick one, but the thinner, extra one that says "Supplemental"), which says to keep it under 5,500 RPMs for the first 1200 miles; to avoid transmission kick-down; and to not use Launch Control. Then from 1200 miles to 3000 miles, keep it under 135 MPH.

quote=jaymoney; "Now, the car lets you know through the computer that you have all of the available HP."

Could you point out to me how it does this? I'm not aware of anything in iDrive's Vehicle Status or Info sections that identies HP or any kind of performance data.

Also, I do not have ceramic brakes and I'm not aware that they are offered as an option on the 2010 X6 M.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

However, I also have the Sakhir Orange interior on my Alpine White X6 M and it rocks!

Never heard of a M car being delivered detuned. It's always a rumor, but no one has ever shown it to be true.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:08 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
congrats amazing car u have

Old 02-22-2010, 01:33 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
awesome. Best color interior and they drive amazing.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:03 PM
skoot3r is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by aus
Never heard of a M car being delivered detuned. It's always a rumor, but no one has ever shown it to be true.
M cars are never come detuned.. When I took my M3 to get its 1200 mile service I felt that it picked up a little bit more but you could almost say it was negligible..

Old 02-22-2010, 11:52 PM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
X6 Ms are Not Detuned at Delivery

Stopped by my BMW dealer today and inquired about this. The Service Manager and one of their M-specialized mechanics both immediately said Yes, they are detuned and when I come in for the 1200 check-up they will turn on the rest of the power just like they do for the M3, M5 and M6.

BUT....then I asked why I was told (by delivery protocol and by owners manual) that there was no service check-up until 15,000 miles, no 1200 check up? They seemed puzzled (understand that my two X6 Ms are 2 of the first 4 they have sold at this large dealership).

Hmmmmmmm. Then checked my key in their key-reader. Checked my iDrive. Picked up the phone and called BMWUSA Zone rep.

Guess what? X6 Ms are delivered with full power. Just observe the break-in requirements for the first 1200 miles (No Launch Control, no Kick-downs and 5,500 rpms Max) and first 3,000 miles (135 MPH max speed).

They have all 555 HP and 501 ft/lbs of torque when they drive out the factory door in Spartansburg.

They also confirmed that IDrive does not give any info about output/HP production like an M3. M5 or M6 might.

By the way, my new Alpine White one is finally all broken in at 1450 miles. using a G-Tech and Launch Control, nailed a 4.09 0-60 tonight. Speed at 1/4 mile point was 118.4 MPH.

A hell of a car.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Stopped by my BMW dealer today and inquired about this. The Service Manager and one of their M-specialized mechanics both immediately said Yes, they are detuned and when I come in for the 1200 check-up they will turn on the rest of the power just like they do for the M3, M5 and M6.

BUT....then I asked why I was told (by delivery protocol and by owners manual) that there was no service check-up until 15,000 miles, no 1200 check up? They seemed puzzled (understand that my two X6 Ms are 2 of the first 4 they have sold at this large dealership).

Hmmmmmmm. Then checked my key in their key-reader. Checked my iDrive. Picked up the phone and called BMWUSA Zone rep.

Guess what? X6 Ms are delivered with full power. Just observe the break-in requirements for the first 1200 miles (No Launch Control, no Kick-downs and 5,500 rpms Max) and first 3,000 miles (135 MPH max speed).

They have all 555 HP and 501 ft/lbs of torque when they drive out the factory door in Spartansburg.

They also confirmed that IDrive does not give any info about output/HP production like an M3. M5 or M6 might.

By the way, my new Alpine White one is finally all broken in at 1450 miles. using a G-Tech and Launch Control, nailed a 4.09 0-60 tonight. Speed at 1/4 mile point was 118.4 MPH.

A hell of a car.

You know it's funny, I had the same experience yesterday. I felt a little foolish after the responses from my original thread so I call BMW and then my dealership and the echoed the same thing. It's very confusing. At the end of the day, I have 200 miles since Saturday. So I should be at 1200 in about 7-8 days At that point, all hell brakes loose. Congrats on your 0-60 time. By the way what color combo is your other X6M?

Old 02-23-2010, 09:34 AM
TranceAddict is infamous around these parts
I think if I'm not mistaken, this thing actually beat the new M3 around the ring.

Very way cool.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:00 PM
jkl
jkl is infamous around these parts

2 X6M's? You must really like them!

Old 02-23-2010, 04:30 PM
IN Is-F is a jewel in the roughIN Is-F is a jewel in the roughIN Is-F is a jewel in the rough
I really like the X6M. I like how absurd it is, in a good way. That much HP is just insane for a vehicle of those dimensions. I love it. If I could swing that for a daily driver I would in a heartbeat.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:36 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
lookn good congrats

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New X6M