BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

New X6M

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 03:42 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
New X6M

Well, here it is; just 4 weeks after I ordered it. It's amazing that you can pop in to a BMW dealership and order a 100K M car and get it in 4 weeks. I was lucky in that they had an allocation that was not spoken for that needed color selection. If I had waited the next was not due for delivery until June. I went with Sapphire black met and Sakhir Orange, which by the way is really a red. I couldn't be happier with the combo. I have had 4, X5's as daily drivers and all of them had black inside. For an M car I wanted to step up the look inside to add a bit of sportiness. First driving impressions are a bit muted because the car is de-tuned for the first 1200 miles to 435HP. However, the steering and the brakes are very different from the other X5's. It is much easier to drive this car at low speeds in parking lots. I got a chance to open it up a bit and felt much less body roll in quick lane changes and in the sport mode, the paddle shifters felt very natural and seamless. I have to keep the RPM's to 4500 for now and that comes fast in the first few gears. The brakes are ceramic and very responsive. At this level they seem like a bit of overkill but I'm sure that they will be necessary once I get to the full power of 555 HP. Aside from the performance, the inside is also a step up from BMW's of the past. The nav and controls are easier and have short cut buttons to avoid some of the turning and clicking, very easy to use. Sorry for the long write up. I will update once I get the handcuffs off.

Attached Images      

Last edited by jaymoney; 02-20-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:26 PM
KeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to beholdKeithR32 is a splendid one to behold
I really love the look of the X6's !

Old 02-20-2010, 06:05 PM
kvsm3 is infamous around these parts
WOW!! nice color combo!

Old 02-20-2010, 06:50 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Great car, I bet you're stoked! But if this is considered an SUV, then I'm Brad Pitt..........I tried to sit in the back of one at a dealership and at 5'11" , my head was hitting the roof

Old 02-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Murtaza is infamous around these parts
Looks great, love the black on red combo.

Is it really detuned to 435hp? Everyone said that about the M5/M6 being limited to 400, which wasn't true..

Old 02-20-2010, 07:18 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
congrats, it's gorgeous.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Johnny Lin is infamous around these partsJohnny Lin is infamous around these parts
Congrats, great choice

Old 02-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Alpine ///M is infamous around these parts
beautiful car, thats the exact color combination I want on my X5...very classy and sporty

Old 02-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
wow...nice.
So when I drove the X5M at one of the dealerships..it only had 10 miles on it...so your telling me it was detuned?

Old 02-21-2010, 09:45 AM
pushtiulk is infamous around these partspushtiulk is infamous around these parts
congratz for the car. amazing beast

Old 02-21-2010, 11:01 AM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
Great color combo, that is a hell of a mean looking "truck".

Old 02-21-2010, 11:14 AM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts
Congrtas! One of the ebst daily drivers out there...... is the X6M faster than the V8 Vantage? It must be funny to have 200hp more in the daiyl driver than in the fun car!

Old 02-21-2010, 11:40 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looks great, congrats!

Old 02-21-2010, 12:12 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful interior. I wish I had a red interior

Old 02-21-2010, 02:21 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
When you say the brakes are Ceramic, do you mean the pads? I'm pretty sure the rotors are not ceramic.
Nice ride... too bad they called it an M.

That interior looks just like Imola.

Last edited by aus; 02-21-2010 at 05:35 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New X6M