BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Vista bmw florida complaint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:26 AM
daddymalu is infamous around these parts
Vista bmw florida complaint

I just wanted to vent about my horrible experience at Vista BMW. Before I do I just want to give you a little background. In the last 4 years I have had a 645 and 2 M5s and I was planning on trading in my current M5 for the new 750 until the F10 M5 comes out, which I am thinking not to do anymore. I have brought my car in for some kind of service at least 3 times a year and have never had an issue getting a loaner car. I have also always filled out the surveys and given my service writer good surveys which I always think helps out. This morning my service adviser called in sick and I had to see another service writer which I thought was no big deal. My driver's side parking lamp was out and the molding around my windshield is popping up. I also wanted to do an alignment and replace two tires. (They charge $179 to align and $69 each tire to mount and balance and M5s do not have active steering). I have never really had a problem with Vista BMW and their service department because it is close to my home and I get a loaner car so I don't mind paying a premium for convenience(even though the service department did steal a bottle of cologne one time) and instead of getting better deals from other dealers across the country or even in other counties I preferred to always by my cars and Vista BMW because I was assuming I would get better service and a loaner car every time. This year I guess Vista BMW changed their policy and I found out rudely this morning. I do the normal routine and walk over to the loaner desk and the lady tells me because my name is on the insurance policy itself they can not loan me a car. I asked her to call state farm and verify that I am a driver. She said she will not call anyone and I need to fax over a copy verifying I am on the insurance policy. I called state farm and they said they can speak to anyone and verify I am a driver on this policy, but anything they fax over will say that my parents are the ones insured. I asked to speak to manager of the loaner car department and she stated the same thing and I kindly asked her if she had a minute could she just call state farm and verify and she said no that is my job. I asked her what her job title was and she said "to make my life more difficult. and I have three options, take my car that needs service and go home, take a shuttle or walk across the street and rent a car." Needless to say if I do buy a BMW again(hopefully not) I will not buy a new car from a local dealer and pay a premium. I will find whatever the best deal is to my door. I love BMW cars and think for a driver they are superior to any other car, but I really don't like their service department. I guess you get what you pay for. Sorry for complaining so long and thank you to anyone that read this post.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:08 PM
fastgt350 has a spectacular aura aboutfastgt350 has a spectacular aura aboutfastgt350 has a spectacular aura about
i have bought 3 bmw's from them and will never by another from the vista family dealerships, if i told you the stories of them we would be here a couple of hours

Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 PM
The Service manager called and apologized. He said there is two loaner cars in the body shop now that they have to pay for because the drivers were uninsured. He said he will make a note on my account that as long my insurance card has my last name I can get a loaner car. All they really have to do is call State Farm like any other rental agency. I guess I will see when I go in for my next service. Cheer and thanks for reading my post.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:17 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Vista blows the hairy bag pipes for sure...I, and two friends, have had similar horrible experiences.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:21 PM
FloridaRealtor is infamous around these parts
my buddy used to work in service over there.. needless to say he's not there anymore

Old 03-12-2010, 08:35 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
So let me get this straight you've had a 645 and 2 M5's and you were planning on buying a 750 but you are still on your parents insurance? So they are your parents cars and not yours. The policy they have is to protect them nothing states you have insurance so why would the dealer give you a car? You have your parents permission to drive THEIR car. They've probably got burnt by someone and dont want it to happen again. I dont see what they did wrong.

Last edited by rossii; 03-12-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:48 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
i have had horrible experiences with them as well...

Old 03-12-2010, 09:03 PM
H Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of lightH Bomb is a glorious beacon of light
i agree about the parents car thing, but Vista does suck regardless from sales to service. there overpriced and suck. i liked BMW of Fort Lauderdale much better

Old 03-14-2010, 09:19 PM
The original policy holder on this policy are in my mom and dad's name. It has been this way for over 15 years and my brother and my sister are in the same boat. All of those cars are in my name and I have two homes. If my parents don't mind paying for the insurance and my home is only a few miles away I really don't feel like changing it. All the loaner lady had to do is call state farm and verify. I know this is off topic, but when I had an LS430, which was no fun to drive, my loaner car at JM lexus was already waiting for me when I pulled up in my LS430. I still go to lexus to drop off any of our family cars and a loaner is waiting for me. I have also never had a problem at any rental car agency which I do at-least 5 times a year.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:55 PM
solekeeper is infamous around these parts
Wow, didn't know this. I'm literally 4 minutes from them

What BMW mech epair center do you guys prefer down here?

Old 04-05-2010, 08:34 PM
engineerspeed is infamous around these parts
I've never had a good service experience with Vista. Never