BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

EBAY Headers? Are they reliable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 07:53 PM
qcraftsman is infamous around these parts
EBAY Headers? Are they reliable?

I am seeing some deals on Ebay for headers for my 2004 M3. Anyone have experience with these companies on their?

Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
The Ebay header is a rip off from another solid design. They have been dyno tested and show gains, go ahead and get it. Just make sure you are buying from someone with good feedback who has sold a few.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:15 AM
JoePcone is infamous around these parts
CURIO is correct

Old 05-09-2010, 10:45 AM
qcraftsman is infamous around these parts
Ok so go ahead and get it then? You really think its ok? I need someone who has actually done this...

Also are most headers the same in performace as others?

Old 05-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
The saying, "you get what you pay for" is usually correct...

Old 05-09-2010, 01:22 PM
AlpineEcstasy is infamous around these parts
If M3Forum was working, I'd link you some threads with reviews on the eBay headers.

Make sure you buy them from a reputable seller. The gains will be the same as the 'legit' headers that sell for 4-5x as much, so go ahead and do it. Lots of the headers on there are identical, just badged under different companies. Reliability isn't something you need to worry about, I think now that most of the sketchy vendors have been weeded out or have a ton of neg reviews. I can't recall the names of the better headers on there though, sorry. One is like a 3 letter name (initials of something) but I really can't remember.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:45 PM
AMGracing is infamous around these parts
I had ebay headers they had great gains and fitment, some sellers are better than others in terms of fitment. I wish I remember who I got them from but i cant. but if you do some research it shouldn't be hard to find...I don't know what's up with M3forum.net t the moment but that is a wealth of knowledge,when it works lol.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:56 PM
The servers at M3Forum did an improper shutdown and lost a massive cache of info (6 months worth..~300,000 posts). Something happened with routine server maintenance, but I'm not a computer tech person so I can't say I totally understand what went down.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:45 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
In most cases I would advise against buying anything off Ebay other than a car itself! I'm just not big on bidding for parts for my car, and to me it's worth just calling and using legit tuning/parts companies to buy parts from. Not only do you know exactly what you're getting, there is always someone there on the other line giving support if needed!

Old 05-10-2010, 03:47 AM
Yani is infamous around these parts
The saying, "you get what you pay for" is usually correct...
I agree

Old 05-10-2010, 09:06 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Fitment is hit or miss. I had to reposition and weld the EGT bung on a pair for a car I built.

Also the o2 sensor bungs weren't welded in the correct spot and initially hit the trans/bellhousing.

Like I said, hit or miss, but worth the money. I ended up getting rid of them on this particular S/C car and went with a set of used CSL headers picked up for cheap.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy them, as long as you have someone install them who knows what they're doing. Worst case scenario they just take a little bit of massaging.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
I had them on my 04 and absolutely loved them. The pair I picked up came ceramic coated also. I don't remember the vendors name either, but like others have said just buy from a guy who has good feedback and sold a few sets. I would buy them again in a heartbeat if I bought another m3. I actually heard more horror stories of peoples supersprint headers cracking at the welds then I ever heard of ebay headers. The people posting negatively in this thread don't seem like they have any experience with them so don't let it bother you.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Afaik I know I've never really heard a lot of bad stuff about them. Like everyone else said check feedback and you should be fine. In reality they are just bent metal piping not much can go wrong. And its absurd to pay $1900 bucks for some headers when you can get the same thing minus the brand for $150.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:07 PM
^ Exactly as the two previous guys said, I've heard more failed stories from legit brands than non-branded (or not very well know brands) headers off eBay. And even if they did fail, you could buy 10 sets to 1 legit set. Seems like sort of a no-brainer to me?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:28 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Misanors4
I had them on my 04 and absolutely loved them. The pair I picked up came ceramic coated also. I don't remember the vendors name either, but like others have said just buy from a guy who has good feedback and sold a few sets. I would buy them again in a heartbeat if I bought another m3. I actually heard more horror stories of peoples supersprint headers cracking at the welds then I ever heard of ebay headers. The people posting negatively in this thread don't seem like they have any experience with them so don't let it bother you.
Exactly.

Supersprint quality isn't anything to brag about. I deal with a lot of their garbage and the design is nothing stellar. For instance, their leaky header design for E39 M5s. It's not even worth a $1000, nevermind $3600.

For an extra 100-150 you can be into a set of Ebay headers for $300/350 bucks coated. No brainer...

They do have a pretty good rasp to them depending on what muffler you're running though. I prefer Magnaflow on the E46 Ms as its got no rasp, and a throaty sound.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EBAY Headers? Are they reliable?