BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

X5 wheel color opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 01:50 PM
GBGT is a jewel in the roughGBGT is a jewel in the roughGBGT is a jewel in the roughGBGT is a jewel in the rough
X5 wheel color opinion

I know this is not an M but as a past owner of an M5, Carrera GT and GT3 RS this is my favorite forum so I thought I'd ask here.

I have a 2010 X5 Diesel that I put 4.8l fenders on and the 4.8 sport package y spoke 20" wheels on. Looks like this but factory silver:

I want to paint my wheels black too but I dont like the gloss. I want either textured black or matte/satin black:

Which do you think would look better ON the car? Thanks guys.

Last edited by GBGT; 05-23-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: unfortunately website info for non-sponsor
Old 05-23-2010, 03:15 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
If your deffinatly deciding to go with black wheels than I would choose the matte/satin Black (2nd pic).

Have you considered the style 215 that i have on my X6 in Ferric Grey? IMO they are the best OEM wheels choice available for any X.

Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2010, 03:18 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Here is what they look like in gloss Black. I have them too.

Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2010, 08:03 PM
GBGT is a jewel in the roughGBGT is a jewel in the roughGBGT is a jewel in the roughGBGT is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bavorak
If your deffinatly deciding to go with black wheels than I would choose the matte/satin Black (2nd pic).

Have you considered the style 215 that i have on my X6 in Ferric Grey? IMO they are the best OEM wheels choice available for any X.
I like the 215's a lot but I got a great deal on the 214's and have always liked the simplicity of the Y spoke. I am leaning towards the satin, I think on the truck it will look more elegant, but its a tough choice.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by GBGT
I like the 215's a lot but I got a great deal on the 214's and have always liked the simplicity of the Y spoke. I am leaning towards the satin, I think on the truck it will look more elegant, but its a tough choice.
And another plus going with the 20's is your tires are going to be a lot less expensive. I agree the Satin is going to look more elegant and less racey than the flat/textured finish, that is te way to go.

Post some pics when you have the new shoes on.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
ShreddieM is infamous around these parts
I'm feeling the matte (2nd pic).