BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

ESS Supercharged E90 M3 Vs. GT500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Thanks, Shane. I appreciate the information. I'm definitely impressed by the GT500s, that's for sure. But the 147 trap definitely confused me as it seems quite high considering the mods, power and weight.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:16 PM
C4TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2bscrewed
I don't doubt that the car ran that, I just know it is not a simple blower swap car.

What changed from the video you showed where it trapped 139-141, to it trapping 147? How many times did it trap that high? If it was a one time thing, then it was probably a timing error at the track. That is why you have to run within a .1 of any record breaking pass to back it up before it goes in the record books.
I have nothing else to share with you at this point, and not in the mood to dig around either. These cars run those trap speeds. Face it. Sell your car and get the Shelby and see for yourself...
Oh and here's a 150mph stock motor car for ya..
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ine-video.html

Old 08-04-2010, 12:55 AM
M33
M33 is infamous around these parts
That's some serious muscle "American Muscle " for ya ...... Well built engine out the box .....

Old 08-04-2010, 02:41 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
C4 TT let me help you
Good finds! Thanks... I was a skeptic too, but saw the results and got one myself!

Old 08-04-2010, 08:27 AM
M33
M33 is infamous around these parts
that thing should be illegal ..... achieving 8's on a stock motor is somthing to brag about IMO

Old 08-04-2010, 08:50 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
A GT500 is a fantastic car my dad bought one not to long ago. In stock form they are kind of sluggish his is getting JLT CAI, 2.6 pulley, lower springs, and a tune. It already has a Ford racing catback which I think is way to quiet it needs a catless setup. His tuner said 560whp which would be good for mid 120 mph in the traps and good for a high 10 with a solid hook. I will be honest for a mustang they attract alot of attetion I went to a small ice cream store the other day and all eyes were on me when I pulled up. Im a mustang guy so to get this kind of attetion is something Im not really use to. All in all its one of my favorite production cars ever.

Originally Posted by M33
that thing should be illegal ..... achieving 8's on a stock motor is somthing to brag about IMO
Ford did their homework on stock motored cars. There was one 03 cobra (Buster) that went 8's on a stock motor. It made 1000whp on a stock motor. My friends car will go low 9's on a stock motor with a GT42-76 and supporting mods.

Last edited by revracer; 08-04-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Very impressive! I especially like the TH400 conversion. What a great daily-driveable car that would be when you don't feel like rowing gears in traffic.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:42 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Very impressive! I especially like the TH400 conversion. What a great daily-driveable car that would be when you don't feel like rowing gears in traffic.
You could also put a 4r70w in it for and over drive trans. Lentech makes one that supports 1500hp.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
You guys get traffic in Virginia?
Bring the GT2 up to New York across one of the bridges to Long Island...
If you have an aggressive clutch pedal... Oh man..

Old 08-05-2010, 01:57 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
There are other cars that will run into the 8's and 9's on stock motors, but not many as inexpensive and cheap to modify as the GT500.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:14 AM
2bscrewed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by C4TT
I have nothing else to share with you at this point, and not in the mood to dig around either. These cars run those trap speeds. Face it. Sell your car and get the Shelby and see for yourself...
Oh and here's a 150mph stock motor car for ya..
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ine-video.html
I know what they can do, and we have plenty locally. You have the 2.8L mammoth, correct? What power are you making, and when are you going to the track?
You are trying to make it seem like these cars trap over 140 easily, and it's just not the case. All the examples you guys are showing have significant work done to them aside from the blower swap.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:49 AM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by C4TT
Good finds! Thanks... I was a skeptic too, but saw the results and got one myself!

Greg! Should I trade in my GT-R for a 11' shelby?

Your car is insane!

Ronnie

Old 08-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by 2bscrewed
I know what they can do, and we have plenty locally. You have the 2.8L mammoth, correct? What power are you making, and when are you going to the track?
You are trying to make it seem like these cars trap over 140 easily, and it's just not the case. All the examples you guys are showing have significant work done to them aside from the blower swap.
The Evolution car is a bolt on car, of course it takes a lot of boost and bolt on mods....and drivetrain and suspension parts to run 8's. No one is disputing that, he was more referring to the capability of the engine. Running 8's with a never opened factory engine with bolts on is a huge achievement in my book.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:35 AM
2bscrewed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by germeezy1
The Evolution car is a bolt on car, of course it takes a lot of boost and bolt on mods....and drivetrain and suspension parts to run 8's. No one is disputing that, he was more referring to the capability of the engine. Running 8's with a never opened factory engine with bolts on is a huge achievement in my book.
I'm not taking anything away from the Shelby's, I love them, hell my daughters name is Shelby! haha But you are not gonna trap 140 without a lot more work other than the blower swap. I mean some of the cars you guys are linking have TH400's, 9" rears, revving to 7k rpm and in 40* weather on c16 with very aggressive tunes that a stock long block is not gonna endure for long. These cars are not examples of something that most blower swap cars are doing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ESS Supercharged E90 M3 Vs. GT500