BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My New (to me) E92 M3....with pictures....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
dct is fantastic, as i expected. as for mods, i'm going to get a good 'feel' for the car for a while before thinking about changing anything.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:48 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cohenfive
first mod is aftermarket cupholder, second is bmw roof rack so i can take this thing on mtn bike rides as i did with my m5. also i'd like to figure out a way to get my 'clown nose' light on the bottom of the mirror to turn on when the car is locked, but so far no luck...after that, who knows.
You have to have the alarm installed for it to blink. The 2011 M3s offer an alarm option from the factory where your M3 requires it an an accesorie. I installed it on my previous 06 330i and was pleased with it. The car also makes the beep noise like the 5, 6 and 7 when you lock and unlock the car. I think it is somewhere in the 400-450 range. PM me and I will find out more. Good luck again

Old 11-08-2010, 05:55 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i've asked 2 sa's at my local bmw dealer and have gotten two answers, probably both wrong. the first said i could turn it on via idrive (but i checked carefully and it is not there), the second said i could come in and they could fix me up while i waited (sounds too easy as well). i also am in touch with the service mgr at the dealership and she is having her 'best' sa find out what the deal is. silly that the car is wired for this but it is disabled....thanks for the info, let's see what the service guru says first.