BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My New (to me) E92 M3....with pictures....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 02:43 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
My New (to me) E92 M3....with pictures....

friday and yesterday were pretty hectic on the car front. friday i picked up my m3, and saturday morning i delivered my great m5 to its new owner. it was a sad day to say goodbye to the e39 m5 which we owned for 9 great years. the new owner was pretty excited and he's getting a ton of car for the money that is for sure....

but on to the m3...

so in my garage is the following: 2011 e92 m3, space grey/black leather with wood trim. the car has dct, premium, tech, heated front seats, premium audio, ipod/usb, pdc, and sat radio. i bought the car with 2400 miles and it is literally as new, just a lot cheaper. the car has aftermarket wheels, tsw, which i like the looks of but was a point of contention with the selling dealer (high end local wholesaler). the car was purchased in august and then traded on a new s65 merc. the mercedes dealer sold the car to the local wholesaler who put it up on craigslist and i was the first one to commit on the car. the only thing i'd like to have on the car is the factory alarm which was not on the car even though it is a 2011 (early 2011). they also put a light tint on the windows and added the flat black front grill which i like a lot. bmw must have changed the option packages around after some cars hit the states. anyway, the car was sold to me as having bmw wheels not aftermarket. they look similar to the comp package wheels but have a polished outer edge and spokes with a titanium finish interior. again, i like the wheels but they are not bmw. the wheels were put on with 2k miles and shod with pirelli pzeros which is nice. the sticker on the car shows oem 19 inch wheels. the seller and i got into a bit of a discussion about the wheels, and at the end of the day they decided to let me keep both the wheels on the car as well as the oem 19's with original conti tires! that was a really nice thing to do, and i highly recommed this local bay area dealer if you are looking for a high end car. they treated me more than fairly the entire time.

anyway, i've hardly gotten the car out yet but will over the next few days. initial impressions are what you would think--the car is beautiful inside and out, and is a really strong performer. i'm going to love the dct once i get a bit more used to it, and i already like all the other tech on the car. the exhaust is pretty throaty and loud for a factory one, but this isn't as mellow a car as the old m5 so that isn't unexpected. i can't wait to get it out on the roads in earnest, and i think this week i'll be putting some decent miles on the car. here are some pix from after the car's first bath (by me at least).

Attached Images      
Old 10-31-2010, 02:46 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
a couple more pix....

Attached Images   
Old 10-31-2010, 03:53 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the new ride. It's a car I intend to test drive when I get another car.
Not a fan of those TSW wheels. They look too much like stock for my taste. I like my car to look different than stock and different than everyone else who has one.

Nice car.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:25 PM
they do look similar to the comp package wheels, just with a different finish. to each his/her own. i like 'em, especially compared to the oem 19s (which i have as well)....

Old 10-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Former Vendor
FORGED DST is a jewel in the roughFORGED DST is a jewel in the roughFORGED DST is a jewel in the rough
Congrats! She's a beauty.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Allen121 is infamous around these parts
Gorgeous ride! Congrats!

Old 11-04-2010, 11:50 AM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Awesome ride and the wheels are surprisngly nice for TSW. TSW wheels are cheap and heavy from what I know so you might be losing some performace with those. Weigh them and see.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:22 PM
P-daddy is infamous around these parts
Beautiful color combo. Congrats on the new ride, now let the mod bug begin.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:15 PM
first mod is aftermarket cupholder, second is bmw roof rack so i can take this thing on mtn bike rides as i did with my m5. also i'd like to figure out a way to get my 'clown nose' light on the bottom of the mirror to turn on when the car is locked, but so far no luck...after that, who knows.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:20 AM
tofunin is infamous around these parts
Nice M3! You should check out the Akrapovic exhaust or Mackin Xtreme Product exhaust(MXP) for the M3 they sound amazing.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:44 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Congrats.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
A set of lowering spring and exhaust and you have yourself one fun daily driver Enjoy in good health

Old 11-05-2010, 11:13 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Agreed...get the Dinan Stage I or II (I just ordered the Stage II the other day, as they had a 25% off sale). Its supposed to really make the car perform as it was intended. Enjoy

Old 11-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Myclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the rough
car looks amazing! enjoy

Old 11-07-2010, 01:01 PM
EXLVI has a spectacular aura aboutEXLVI has a spectacular aura about
a mesierschaft (sp) cat back exhaust set up, plus a drop w/ an intake would have it riding great and sounding mean. I bet the 7 speed DCT is hella fun to. Great snag man!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New (to me) E92 M3....with pictures....