BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

BMW North America - Horrible Service -Dont buy an X5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:15 PM
slicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to beholdslicer is a splendid one to behold
I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you are having but I would not define 8000 miles out of warranty as "just out of warranty". I put 8000 miles on my car per year... I can see expecting BMW to cover the repairs a few thousand miles out of warranty but not 8000. Don't get me wrong, I would try to get them to cover it. I just don't think I would go out on a BMW slamming campaign if they didn't.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
8000 out of warranty is not a "just" .... thats 8k + the car is 5 years old.. Maybe if you were a few hundred miles off or something they would help. Good effort though on trying to make this thread to show to them, but as u c most posters aren't convinced BMW is in the wrong! not trying to be an ***..its just your thread really makes no sense..your 8k out of warranty!

Last edited by Tarek307; 04-14-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:21 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Tarek307
8000 out of warranty is not a "just" .... thats 8k + the car is 5 years old.. Maybe if you were a few hundred miles off or something they would help. Good effort though on trying to make this thread to show to them, but as u c most posters aren't convinced BMW is in the wrong! not trying to be an ***..its just your thread really makes no sense..your 8k out of warranty!

exactly. good post.

bottom line is all products have some degree of planned obsolescence. nobody builds a product to last forever: a. it's impossible, and b. it doesn't make financial sense. most people don't keep cars for more than 7 years. you're nearing 4. the average lifespan of a mechanical consumer product in general, cars, computers, etc. is about 5 years. you should expect problems right about now... there is a reason they stand behind their product as long as they do while giving you the opportunity still to extend that time frame for a fee. obviously, you opted out of that. you wanted a top marque truck, don't expect that you're going to hit 100,000 miles on oil changes and brake pads.

Last edited by imolazhp_ci; 04-15-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:30 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
Go here and see if they can help you out a little: http://www.xoutpost.com/forums.php

The car is out of warranty. Sucks.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
basically either your dealer sucks or you're being an obnoxious baby because BMW is pretty well known for making good faith repairs outside of warranty. hell, they replaced an entire transmission for free in my dad's 2002 540i when he was about 5 months out of warranty. i've never had anything but fantastic experiences with BMW.
Please, They were useless. I was nice as pie to them too. They fixed their faulty airbag problem on 200,000 other vehicles with the same issue that were 2 years older then mine.
The dealer I purchased the truck from agreed with me and stepped up and payed half the cost of labor and parts for me. They thought it was BS on BMWNAs part too.

Last edited by Shawn C; 04-18-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I absolutely love German cars and the BMW is no exception.
However, I won't ever buy any German until it's my 3rd or 4th car. I currently have 2 Lexus and consider them very reliable and stylish. But the Germans know how to make a car that feels like you're one with the road. I want one. I'll have one too....as soon as the Lexus are paid off.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tarek307
I bought this truck in 2008 so its 3 years old, not 5 years old to me. I also didn't mention that the truck was in for various other problems, A/C had to be torn out and replaced, Electrical issues, Seat pieces falling off, Upper suspension arms, 3 different ECU programs for an ultra sensitive gas pedal. Jerky transmission shifts etc.

Its funny because I posted the same thing on L4P and the majority agreed with me that airbags should not fail, period. Lots of people had horror stories over there as well.

BMW has what they call the "Goodwill" program which is supposed to cover you for up to 10,000 miles out of your warranty.

I did some digging online and found this letter to their service employees.

While a center may elect to charge a customer retail rates for his or her portion of the self-authorized goodwill, the BMW portion will be reimbursed at the center s established warranty rate.
When determining whether to provide goodwill assistance to the customer, the following factors should be considered:
Cost of the repair
Condition of the vehicle
Has the vehicle been properly maintained at a BMW center? Yes
Does the customer own multiple BMW vehicles? Yes
Would, or did, the customer endure an unusual hardship? They never asked
Has the customer owned a BMW vehicle previously? Yes
Would investing in the customer keep him/her in the BMW brand? Yes, would have..
Elapsed time since the applicable warranty or program expired? 8000
The vehicle must be a U.S. specific vehicle imported by BMW NA, sold through the BMW NA European Delivery Program or the BMW Military Sales Program.
The following items are excluded from the BMW Self-Authorization Goodwill Program:
New and/or pre-owned vehicles owned by your / other dealers/centers (Area Team authorization required)
Repairs or Services covered by any BMW Maintenance Program
Damage or repairs which should be covered by the vehicle owner's insurance
Reimbursements for previously processed repairs or refused warranty claims
Add-on repairs (even when properly approved by center management)
Comebacks (ineffective prior repairs)
Paint or Body work
Towing
REPAIR RELATED GOODWILL
BMW NA will match a center s contribution up to 50% of the applicable total repair cost for vehicles that are up to 12 months and/or up to 10,000 miles beyond the BMW NA New Vehicle/SAV Limited Warranty period.
This translates to a vehicle in service from months 49 to 60 and/or with a mileage between 50,001 miles to 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first

Last edited by Shawn C; 04-18-2011 at 05:41 PM.