BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Tire Pressure Warning - Need Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 12:08 PM
bruinxman is infamous around these parts
Tire Pressure Warning - Need Help

So the tire pressure warning has been on for like 2 weeks on my E46 M3. I've checked the tire pressure multiple times and each time its correct and consistent so its not like the tires are losing air. I have no idea what is causing this and I even stopped driving it (I don't want to get stuck somewhere with a bad tire). I've attached a picture. Anyone know what is causing this?

If the tires are imbalanced could that cause this to go off?

Please help!

Thanks.

Also the airbag sensor has an issue but I heard this only prevents it from not coming out when it shouldn't....which means that if there is an accident the default is that it deploys.

Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2011, 02:16 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
You probably have a sensor that went bad. We have replacements. I can't tell you which one it is, however. A dealership may have to.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 11-02-2011, 04:16 AM
e46m3smg is infamous around these partse46m3smg is infamous around these parts
It could be a TPMS sensor. Check that there's no nails or anything in one of your tires, if you have check again and make sure. Also try resetting the TPMS. By the way yes, imbalance can cause this.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:51 PM
bruinxman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by e46m3smg
It could be a TPMS sensor. Check that there's no nails or anything in one of your tires, if you have check again and make sure. Also try resetting the TPMS. By the way yes, imbalance can cause this.

Some of the guys on M3 Forums posted a good video on how to reset after checking all the tires. I refilled the air in each of the tires to spec and reset the TPMS and it looks like its fixed. I didn't think there was a real issue just a slight imbalance in the tires.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:03 AM
e46m3smg is infamous around these partse46m3smg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bruinxman
Some of the guys on M3 Forums posted a good video on how to reset after checking all the tires. I refilled the air in each of the tires to spec and reset the TPMS and it looks like its fixed. I didn't think there was a real issue just a slight imbalance in the tires.
Good to hear you got the problem fixed with no real complications

Old 11-13-2011, 11:13 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Airbag light is just the opposite. If the light is on the system is OFF. The airbags will NEVER deploy.

On that car it MAY be a seat belt tensioner or passenger side seat mat. You need to have the fault checked by a dealer or indy and go from there.