BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

my new 2011 E92 M3 - and experience with Alekshop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 02:04 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
my new 2011 E92 M3 - and experience with Alekshop

Hey guys,

So I picked up a 2011 M3 about a month ago and have really enjoyed it as a 1-2 day a week daily driver. I can see why folks like these cars so much. They're slow, but drive and sound great. I bought it so I wouldn't be tempted to modify it, but all it took one visit to Aleks over at Alekshop in Fremont, CA and all that was thrown out the door. If anyone has a BMW aftermarket need in the Northern CA area, I highly recommend Aleks. He does meticulous work and is a super guy. Sharky gave me the initial recommendation, so thanks Alex!

List of mods:
ESS Tuning VT1-535 Supercharger
Akrapovic full exhaust
BBS CH-R wheels
Eibach Pro lowering springs
BMW Performance carbon fiber rear spoiler
Akrapovic carbon fiber front lip
Carbon fiber mirror covers
Carbon fiber hood vents
BMW black side markers
Gloss black kidney grills
Pre-painted side reflectors
30% tint

I also have to say, I'm not that high on the work that most 'detailers' do, (as I like to do that work myself), but my experience with Todd Cooperider at Esoteric last summer changed my mind after I took my Superleggera there for a 40 hour detail. Todd mentioned Bob Willis at Auto Concierge is also one of the best in the US and he happened to be next door to Alekshop. Todd was right, as it was an excellent recommendation. Bob will be the only one to touch this M3 as long as I own it. He really knows how to properly correct paint (not that this car needed much of it). It looks nicer than when it left the BMW floor.

Attached Images     

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-05-2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: promotional material for a commercial non-sponsor
Old 12-05-2011, 02:36 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Watermarks were fixed by Chuck....

Attached Images     
Old 12-05-2011, 06:07 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Jamie,

can you repost the pics without the watermarks ?

and also, LOL who were you fooling that you were not going to mod the car ? when was the last time you didnt mod a car ? lol.

looking forward to the pics. also where are you storing the UGR G, and the supra ?did you take them to california with you ?

Old 12-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Chuck is being kind enough to remove the watermarks for me....the shop sent them to me directly. He'll repost later today.

Yea, I thought a N/A M3 was safe from mods....but I suppose I'd find a way to add batteries to a Prius....

The SL and Supra are staying at my shop back in Ohio. I'll continue racing the Supra. Not sure what I'll do with the Lambo - it's just being stored right now.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:10 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
the CF mirror covers, are they OEM? beautiful car

Old 12-06-2011, 08:42 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Car looks SICK Jamie! What kind of power did it put down with the blower?
Peter

Old 12-06-2011, 08:50 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
I can only laugh! Nice mods Jamie. I've heard Bob is unreal when it comes to perfecting a car.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by evil panda
the CF mirror covers, are they OEM? beautiful car
No, sourced from IND

Originally Posted by houstonT
Car looks SICK Jamie! What kind of power did it put down with the blower?
Peter
I have the smaller pulley on the base kit - about 510whp. Normally I hear they make about 480/90 at 5psi. Not bad when stock they dyno around 340. This is all on CA 91.

And the title has a typo - should say E92!

Old 12-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Bolt-OnM3 is infamous around these parts
Great looking M3, what made you go with ESS over AA?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:32 AM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
Looks good. Let me know when you want to sell it Is this car a DCT or manual?

Old 12-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Bolt-OnM3
Great looking M3, what made you go with ESS over AA?
Given the basic research I did and the folks I spoke to, ESS appeared to have a much better track record for reliable kits and happy customers.

Originally Posted by RyanWoon
Looks good. Let me know when you want to sell it Is this car a DCT or manual?
Thanks Ryan. Yes DCT. SW gave me his M5 spot this spring, so I'll be selling it (either stock or as it sits) around March/April. How are you and the Mrs feeling?

Old 12-06-2011, 04:13 PM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Given the basic research I did and the folks I spoke to, ESS appeared to have a much better track record for reliable kits and happy customers.

Thanks Ryan. Yes DCT. SW gave me his M5 spot this spring, so I'll be selling it (either stock or as it sits) around March/April. How are you and the Mrs feeling?
I'm slowly getting back to normal. My wife's back is still messed up and I feel bad for her because they can't do as much therapy since she's 28 weeks pregnant. Both of our necks are still sore but it's only been 6 weeks since the accident. Everyone says it can take a long long time for it to completely go away.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hah really cool Jamie... he's a great guy and runs a tight ship Glad you got 'er done!

So much for NOT modding haha!

Old 12-07-2011, 10:08 AM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by OhioGT2

M3 looks great!

Didnt SW sell his White Stroker M5?

Old 12-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by DarrinB
M3 looks great!

Didnt SW sell his White Stroker M5?
Jamie is referring to getting a new TT M5 this spring.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my new 2011 E92 M3 - and experience with Alekshop