BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

ESS DCT M3: 60-130 in 6.17

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:03 PM
LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !
thanks

Old 04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
PencilGeek is a jewel in the roughPencilGeek is a jewel in the roughPencilGeek is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LostMarine
pencil geek, grow up and argue this on a BMW forum in which we can both respond. a 600 kit with smaller pulley and tune to match is no longer a basic 600 kit as madsex claims HIS is
Thanks
I have no idea what madsex claims and I don't really care about your debate with him. I don't even know what the issue is and I don't really care about it either. I won't get dragged into it. But I do care about misquoting and misusing the data in the dyno database in a way that looks like it was intended to mislead and deceive people.

but to correct your own findings, again, if you take all (limit 1 highest per car)
OK, that seems fair enough.

DJ SAE 600 kits on your site, and average them, avg is 540.
I get 538 with this method. I only deleted 'per's' 571whp entry with this method because all of the other cars are unique even though Rom3n has three entries. Maybe that's the difference.

if you eliminate those kits that are using 7+psi, the average drops to 528hp
Not sure why you're starting to filter results when they are all relevant. A few weeks ago on m3forum (right before you got banned again), I was very pleased to see you post a very long explanation of boost vs. backpressure. It was pleasing to read because it seems that my explanation to you a long time ago finally sank in. That same boost vs. backpressure discussion seems relevant again because your only play here is to throw out these boost entries you don't like because they're no longer caused by backpressure, but now caused by smaller pulleys?

It seems to me that's your only rationale for removing valid entries is to manipulate the numbers into something that helps you. There certainly doesn't seem like there's any other legitimate purpose. Doesn't matter, I'll be happy to play along to see if we get the same results.

Yeah, and I get 528whp too!

If you take all STD DJ results, and average them you get 535hp
Yep, I get 535whp.

again, if you eliminate all 600 kits with 7+ psi, average is 524hp
Yep, I get 524whp too!

lastly, if you take the 2 UNC 600 kit dyno's and avg them, you get 537hp
Whew, I got 537whp also. Glad all passed math class.

this is where my 500-530 hp claim comes from, as MOST are less than 530 and the average is only brought up higher by those 1 or 2 abnormally, and unbelievably high dynos..
Yeah, MOST are less than 530whp after you intentionally removed the ones you don't like. Not very creative ... yet very obvious.

i just used your "sort" feature, by selecting only DJ data, only "ess 600 kit"
and basically showed you, from your own database, how incorrect you are, which i didnt expect given your affinity to "avg" everything, even though i showed you according to the supercharger developers that was incorrect..
I see you want to troll a little harder and expand the discussion. You already got banned once trolling with that, are you trying for a twofer, maybe a hat trick?

Last edited by PencilGeek; 04-09-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 AM
LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !
pencil, madsex claims 6-6.5 psi, as is what is supposed to come with a basic 600 kit.
I disregard anything above 7 psi because of that.

the fact that boost drops with less backpressure is common knowledge, if you want to go into that, you are lucky im even allowing 6.5 psi from cars with a catless exhaust, because to have that 6.5 psi, would mean boost should be less than that, also meaning a smaller pulley would be needed to reach that boost target again.
the only reason I am not discounting those is that ambient temps could play a part in raising it back another .5 psi

but again, that gives a false HP estimate. we all know hp can swing upward *20hp if you dyno in sub 40* weather.

so sonce we are both capable of doing basic math, and have concurred that a basic 600 kit (as madsex claims) should be in the 530 DJ rwhp range
and we can concur that an e92 DCT car with fuel and driver is 3600+ lbs

so, in your vast experience, can you show me another car, that is 520- 540 (540 just to satisfy your upward avg if you include multiple abnormally high dyno's from the same car, even though you/we didnt factor in prodigymb's friends car that dyno'd much less than 500 (460 i believe, pulling that avg down) ) that has/can/did run a 6.1 60-130, on a -1% slope

given the fact that another 600 kit (520-540 DJ rwhp,) with a 100 shot of N20 (620-640 DJ rwhp) 3600lb dct car on -2.x decline ran slower

FYI, because im banned on another forum has no weight in the issue I raise, IIRC your banned on multiple forums as well, but you other people as a proxy to post your remarks.

SO please, stay focused on the topic at hand

Old 04-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
even though you/we didnt factor in prodigymb's friends car that dyno'd much less than 500 (460 i believe, pulling that avg down) )
his car dynoed 472 with stock exhaust and cats and old plugs in it. 499 with upgraded catless exhaust.

now his car is making a healthy 520whp with a proper size air filter on it, which is on par with others.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 04-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by prodigymb
his car dynoed 472 with stock exhaust and cats and old plugs in it. 499 with upgraded catless exhaust.

now his car is making a healthy 520whp with a proper size air filter on it, which is on par with others.
468/471 and 494 with race gas right? and new air filter? the original one it came with wasn't proper size? as you know, and I know, there was an issue with swapping airfilters to reduce inlet restriction to allow higher boost.. something that some people also do to raise boost without changing pulleys, so they can "say" xxmm pulley, even though they modified the original basic kits. drew and his gintani kit comes to mind for that one, but im sure there are more, hell, id do it, as long as i have a tune for it

im glad your buddy is making the claimed hp though, i really am, as i told you when we met, if it was dct, i would have bought it from him, as a s/c'd M, regardless of s/c is a badass car (hey thats the same thing ive told those other people that use/promote/sell ess kits...that im a fan of the s/c'd Ms and cant wait to install mine)

my issue, is regardless of kit, that 1 hit wonders claiming mods/setups that are not accurate dont sit well and should be exposed

Old 04-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
468/471 and 494 with race gas right? and new air filter? the original one it came with wasn't proper size? as you know, and I know, there was an issue with swapping airfilters to reduce inlet restriction to allow higher boost.. something that some people also do to raise boost without changing pulleys, so they can "say" xxmm pulley, even though they modified the original basic kits. drew and his gintani kit comes to mind for that one, but im sure there are more, hell, id do it, as long as i have a tune for it
lol where do you get this $hit from, you make up your own consiparacy theories and live by them. car dynoed pump gas and made 472whp and 499whp on best pulls from each respective day. i drove it on the dyno myself. the kit did not come with a filter, one we used was smaller. now with a proper filter ESS sent to us it makes 520whp.

im glad your buddy is making the claimed hp though, i really am, as i told you when we met, if it was dct, i would have bought it from him, as a s/c'd M, regardless of s/c is a badass car (hey thats the same thing ive told those other people that use/promote/sell ess kits...that im a fan of the s/c'd Ms and cant wait to install mine)
I don't recall anyone ever offering to sell you that car. He loves that thing.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 04-10-2012, 02:21 PM
PencilGeek is a jewel in the roughPencilGeek is a jewel in the roughPencilGeek is a jewel in the rough
IIRC your banned on multiple forums as well, but you other people as a proxy to post your remarks.
I don't even know where you get the ***** to make up as many stories as you do. Matters very little to me.

SO please, stay focused on the topic at hand
Yes please stay focused. I already told you I'm not interested in your trolls or your dispute with madsex. Happy trolls to you. Enjoy the conversation with yourself.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by prodigymb
lol where do you get this $hit from, you make up your own consiparacy theories and live by them. car dynoed pump gas and made 472whp and 499whp on best pulls from each respective day. i drove it on the dyno myself. the kit did not come with a filter, one we used was smaller. now with a proper filter ESS sent to us it makes 520whp.

I don't recall anyone ever offering to sell you that car. He loves that thing.
I could have swore arkadyvz said you guys added race fuel for that last/highest run, looking for the post now. Not a big deal
As for air filter, one can assume it came with the kit though, normally it would..

No one did offer to sell it, but I would have because it's an awesome car.. If it was dct..was my point

Old 04-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by PencilGeek
I don't even know where you get the ***** to make up as many stories as you do. Matters very little to me.

Yes please stay focused. I already told you I'm not interested in your trolls or your dispute with madsex. Happy trolls to you. Enjoy the conversation with yourself.
What stories do I make up IMG already told me he was warned on m3post to stop posting for you and drew admitted to doing the same. Are they fabricating things as well? Trolling? If I recall, you started trolling first, hence your presence and un-needed involvement here, as shown by your attempt to discredit the 530hp claim being a "low" estimate that backfired on you. No need to respond though, as your continued involvement here is not required as you have yet to bring up relevant information.

Unless, you can show me another car, in the history of cars, that is as fast as the time he ran, with 520-540 , djwrenp, weighting in at 3600+ lbs, and it would be awesome if it also did it on .03 slope

Another question, is how he did it in just 1 shift...........................

Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Unless, you can show me another car, in the history of cars, that is as fast as the time he ran, with 520-540 , djwrenp, weighting in at 3600+ lbs, and it would be awesome if it also did it on .03 slope

Another question, is how he did it in just 1 shift...........................
How many times do you need to hear it? I don't give a crap! I only care about preventing you from misusing information that comes from my database. Same as all of the other threads you troll your way into...and then get banned. I've now already served that purpose, the record now stands uncorrected to show that you purposely cherry-picked only certain data in order to manipulate the outcome to your advantage.

As for the rest of your comments, if you want to know the answer, send me an email and I'll be happy to tell you exactly what you made up, and what you didn't. If you can actually act like a civil human being, I might help you with something you posted in another thread and said you needed help with. It's something you might find very useful.

Happy trolls to you.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:02 AM
madsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant future
60 -130 mph (96.5-209.2 kph):

E9X Supercharged M3's

6.17 - Madsex343 /E92 M3 DCT / ESS VT600 / 94 octane / 3 shifts
6.23 - Mikewads / E92 M3 DCT / ESS VT600 SC, 100shot Nitrous 3rd on/93oct/3 shifts
6.36 - Gpower / E92 M3 6-MT / Gpower SKIII SC - Built Motor / 1 shift
6.56 - Tom@EAS / E92 M3 DCT / VF620 SC / 91/100 mix / 2 shifts
6.78 - Mikewads / E92 M3 DCT / ESS VT600 SC / 93 octane / 3 shifts
6.80 - DLSJ5 / E92 M3 DCT / ESS VT625 SC / 95 octane / WM / 3 shifts
6.96 - Tightie / E92 M3 6-MT / Gintani Stage 3 SC / 91 octane / WM / 2 shifts
7.06 - DLSJ5 / E92 M3 DCT / Gintani Stage 2 SC / 91 octane / WM / 3 shifts
7.52 - IMG / E92 M3 6-MT / ESS VT625 SC / 93 octane / 2 shifts
7.58 - Pencilgeek / E92 M3 6-MT / R46 Stroker ESS VT600 SC / 3.15 gears / 100 octane / 1 shift
7.88 - M33 / E92 M3 6-MT / ESS VT625 SC / 93 octane / 2 shifts
8.31 - biglare / E90 M3 DCT / ESS VT575 SC / 3.62 Gears / 91 Octane / 2 shifts
8.95 - sammyrusso / E92 M3 DCT / Gintani Stage 1 SC / 91 Octane / 3 shifts
9.00 - EugeneTawain / E92 M3 6-MT / Gpower SKII SC / 91 Octane / 2shifts

E9X Bolt On - N/A M3's

9.70 - Madsex343 / E92 M3 DCT / Full Bolt On's, ESS Tune / 2 shifts
10.49 - Mijsa / E90 M3 DCT / Full Bolt On's, Tune & Cams / 3 shifts
10.71 - DLSJ5 / E92 M3 DCT / Full Bolt On's, GIAC Tune / 3 shifts

yeeeehaaaaa......... I am the king of the world....

Last edited by madsex343; 04-11-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:58 AM
How many times do you need to hear it? I don't give a crap! I only care about preventing you from misusing information that comes from my database. Same as all of the other threads you troll your way into...and then get banned. I've now already served that purpose, the record now stands uncorrected to show that you purposely cherry-picked only certain data in order to manipulate the outcome to your advantage.

As for the rest of your comments, if you want to know the answer, send me an email and I'll be happy to tell you exactly what you made up, and what you didn't. If you can actually act like a civil human being, I might help you with something you posted in another thread and said you needed help with. It's something you might find very useful.

Happy trolls to you.
So, first tellme what information I made up, as we both agree that 530 DJ rwhp is what to be expected from a basic 600 kit.if you want to discuss other topics, like how you failed at trying to justify avg boost vs peak boost, then start a thread on it, otherwise please stop trolling here. As far as I know, the only question I posed to your limited experience, is to show me another 530 dj rwhp, 3600+ lb car running so fast, any other vehile in the WORLD will suffice

Mad sex, I can see your on top of both lists, that does not bother me. The fact I do not believe that you did it as claimed is what is not legit.congrats on yourrecords, I guarantee the n/a record does not hold for much longer

Also, as in your fashion, you omitted certain facts, specifically like my run that is scary close to yours, with more weight, as I have stock exhaust ( stock weight+ dump weight), aftermarket (heavier)rims, and not sticky tires, landing right behind you for n/a..can't waituntiliget sticky tires next week..should be interesting,
9.70 - Madsex343 / E92 M3 DCT / Full Bolt On's, ESS Tune / 2 shifts
10.18 - LostMarine 09 DCT E92 M3-BMC Air filter, Turner pipes, Exhaust dumps, Evolve Tune
10.49 - Mijsa / E90 M3 DCT / Full Bolt On's, Tune & Cams / 3 shifts
10.71 - DLSJ5 / E92 M3 DCT / Full Bolt On's, GIAC Tune / 3 shifts

And your FI record will only fall when another car decides to run in a similar setup as you did, be it 8+ psi, race tune/gas, or as no one can show Me how you did it in less shifts than possible due to dct gearing, introducing the possibility of a different car, as shift/rpm/ speed correlates a lot more consistent with a p-car, not that you hav access to one of those, right...?

Thanks for posting the FI list too, how can you, or anyone explain how an exact replicate/modded car, using an extra 100 rwhp shot of n20 runs slower than you did, when he was on a much steeper decline.

Last edited by LostMarine; 04-12-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
speed correlates a lot more consistent with a p-car, not that you hav access to one of those, right...?
shifts are slower on a PCAR. unless its a PDK turbo.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 AM
So, first tellme what information I made up, as we both agree that 530 DJ rwhp is what to be expected from a basic 600 kit.if you want to discuss other topics, like how you failed at trying to justify avg boost vs peak boost, then start a thread on it, otherwise please stop trolling here. As far as I know, the only question I posed to your limited experience, is to show me another 530 dj rwhp, 3600+ lb car running so fast, any other vehile in the WORLD will suffice
Focus LM. Trolling me with more false statements isn't working.

My offer stands. If you want help with the other matter and want to discuss these topics, you're more than welcome to contact me privately. I'm even willing to help you provided you can act like a decent human being in private.

Happy trolls to you.

Last edited by PencilGeek; 04-13-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Focus Nestore. Trolling me with more false statements isn't working.

My offer stands. If you want help with the other matter and want to discuss these topics, you're more than welcome to contact me privately. I'm even willing to help you provided you can act like a decent human being in private.

Happy trolls to you.
still havent made clear what false statements, but thats typical PG, ignore and attempt to misdirect to muck up threads; accuse others of what you yourself do, ie manipulate data.

and fwiw, i dont have your email

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ESS DCT M3: 60-130 in 6.17