Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
Z4 Coupe Race car

From
http://bmw-motorsport.com/ms/en/index.html

28.02.2006 BMW Z4 M Coupé as motor racing kit.

Unveiling in Geneva: On the occasion of the Automobilsalon, Prof Dr Burkhard Göschel, BMW Group Board Member Purchasing and Development, introduced a new racing car for customer motor racing.
The Motorsport Version of the BMW Z4 M Coupé, which has already made a big impression as a production model, is the first two-seater BMW Motorsport offers for customer teams. When it came to the development, BMW faced a huge challenge: The car had to have what is needed to race successfully on the world’s most demanding and spectacular racetrack, the Nürburgring’s famous Nordschleife. The new motorsport coupé can be used by private BMW customer teams in the German Endurance Championship and in the Nürburgring 24-Hour Race.

The power unit of the beefy coupé is a BMW Motorsport designed 3.2-litre in-line 6-cylinder engine delivering about 400bhp, with the suspension area in particular benefiting from the knowledge gained from the successful BMW M3 GTR project. With its varied component ranges, BMW Motorsport and BMW Racing Parts Distribution offer customer teams a new technology platform for use in many miscellaneous international racing and club sport series, with the Nordschleife enthusiasts not being the only interested party, as the coupé also represents the perfect car for use in the Belgian Belcar series and other, non-European, endurance series.

The kit can be ordered from May 2006 at BMW Motorsport and will be available for an

Attached Images    
Old 03-02-2006, 08:17 AM
MGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to allMGoBlue is a name known to all
New desktop, thank-you!

Old 03-02-2006, 08:22 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
That is sick. I hope Porsche is working on a Cayman race car to compete with this thing.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Sheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond reputeSheynk has a reputation beyond repute
kinda reminds me of the batmobiles of the old

Old 03-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Looks great!

Nice rear:

Old 03-05-2006, 02:47 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !

Tell me, this thing can fly ....

Old 03-08-2006, 07:08 PM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
I absolutely love this car.

Old 03-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Bateman is infamous around these parts
Unfortunately you cannot buy pure stuff for the street. Could be a cool wide body kit except the rear spoiler.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:34 PM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
right that rear spoiler, if not on the track, is straight shopping cart civic style

Old 03-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
That is sick. I hope Porsche is working on a Cayman race car to compete with this thing.
Tell me LUIS95993 do you have any informations about a Cayman race car or RS version?
Do you think Porsche will put at risk to lower their top model 997?

Old 03-11-2006, 07:42 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bateman
Tell me LUIS95993 do you have any informations about a Cayman race car or RS version?
Do you think Porsche will put at risk to lower their top model 997?
Nope, no information that is why I said "I hope" in my post. I do however beleive that if this BMW is going to be running in a new separate class, Porsche should build something to compete against it.
The 997 Cup cars run against M3's so I would not see where there would be any risk.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
Pure Sex........

Old 03-14-2006, 08:01 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Today I had the pleasure of sitting with Hans Stuck who seemed excited on getting one of these race cars to run. Very down to earth guy who shared his knowledge freely.

Old 03-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Nope, no information that is why I said "I hope" in my post. I do however beleive that if this BMW is going to be running in a new separate class, Porsche should build something to compete against it.
The 997 Cup cars run against M3's so I would not see where there would be any risk.
Sorry, I thought about the street version. For building up a race car they´ll have to bring out a set
of homologation cars. If they do so there might be a little competition between those two series.

Old 03-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by Bateman
Sorry, I thought about the street version. For building up a race car they´ll have to bring out a set
of homologation cars. If they do so there might be a little competition between those two series.
What homologation car is BMW building so they are able to race this car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Z4 Coupe Race car