BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

BMW 645Ci Eisenmann Exhaust Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
BMW 645Ci Eisenmann Exhaust Install

Figured we would post some pictures of the Sport exhaust we just installed. The customer has a Z8 in Germany and wanted the exact same sound. The car sounds great! You have to trim out the rear bumper as per Eisenhaus and our customer didn't want the unfinished look so we took the opening and cut it out an inch to the inside. We took the pieces and re-attached them, filled the seam, resprayed the bumper and cleared the whole thing. The end result is pretty stock looking, except the shiny new dual tip

Old 09-27-2006, 03:53 PM
B.Anderson is infamous around these parts
That looks perfect. Nice install guys. I love the Eisenmann systems, always deep and throaty

Old 09-27-2006, 04:00 PM
ChronoJ1 is infamous around these parts
Awesome install and a very nice touch on the bumper.
Any videos clips?

Old 09-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't take any videos. It is a local car so we could if he comes back by. We are having an open house Oct. 14th so he may be here.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:04 PM
SkyclsGT3 is infamous around these parts
that looks nice and mean. Like it a lot.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Site Sponsor
I will aslo see where the initial pictures are from just "trimming" the cut-out

Old 09-27-2006, 06:11 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
How does the Sound of the Eisenmann 645ci against a Stock M6 exhaust, The M6 has a F1 inspired sound

Old 09-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Banned
FERRAR1 is infamous around these parts
Very nice. Great installation

Old 09-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Site Sponsor
Oddly enough, we have not had any stock M6's here to compare.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:26 AM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Why not just install M6 exhaust?...Is it a direct fit for 645/650 cars?

Old 10-02-2006, 01:40 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
How did u trim the bumper? what do u use to do it?
I need to know immediately.

Raja

Old 10-04-2006, 10:44 AM
simon78 is infamous around these parts
What is the estimated final cost of doing this?

I am planning to purchase a 645 and would love my 1st mod to be an exhasut.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:00 AM
B.Anderson is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by simon78
What is the estimated final cost of doing this?

I am planning to purchase a 645 and would love my 1st mod to be an exhasut.
Eisenmann also offers an Oval tip. With the oval tip no trimming would be necessary. The final cost would be much less. 1 or 2 hours labor for install.
http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehprice.php...=67&Submit.y=8

Old 10-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Site Sponsor
How did u trim the bumper? what do u use to do it?
I need to know immediately.
Well, I am not the installer but I will try and explain. We talked a bit about it after we initially cutout the area. We use whatever cutting tool fits in the best. In this case, using a high-speed cutting wheel worked but the edges started to "melt" and turn white. The reasononing for going with the finished look was just to get a OE feel. The way you look at the area, you could see where the bumper comes back around under itself to form the shape of the lip. It was noticeable and the plastic was "raw".

Old 10-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by 07speed
Why not just install M6 exhaust?...Is it a direct fit for 645/650 cars?
We have not had a stock M6 exhaust here but I would think it is a bit larger in diameter. You could fix that by running reducers. I am not sure what pricing would be and the rear would still need to be trimmed out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW 645Ci Eisenmann Exhaust Install