BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M5 Launching...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:34 PM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of
all else fails RTFM

Old 02-01-2007, 03:06 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Wow that is pretty sad, most cars you just mash the gas and go. On this thing you have to program it to be in the right mode?? No offense but kind of sounds dumb to me.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:05 PM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
I did not hold the shift lever... I'm assuming the (+) lever would be the right lever!

Where is this rubber button and what does it do generally? Are you saying it's behind the pedal? Does it doe anything other than cause the car to "Launch".

I can't wait to try this!

Seth.
its mounted on the firewall directly behind the accelerator. with the car off, push the accelerator as far as it will go, you should feel it pushing/resting against a raised button like object, push the accelerator down harder so as to push the button down as well. its called a kick down button and in automatic bmw's, if you punch it and activate this button, the car drops down a gear straight away. [i think thats its purpose]

but in the m5, you have to push this button down to activate the launch control.

play aroud with it [ somewhere empty and deserted]

and make sure your m settings are as the others have stated.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:46 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buddyg
Wow that is pretty sad, most cars you just mash the gas and go. On this thing you have to program it to be in the right mode?? No offense but kind of sounds dumb to me.
no kidding. i'm with u on that. BMW sure likes to make things complicated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.