BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

New M3 on BMW website.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Smoltz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
i can also say this car does almost nothing to me...the v8 is sick, but it doesnt look good in any color, and other than the ricey rear and the side intakes, it doesnt look ANY different from the 335i with an AC schnitzer bumper i saw this past bimmer meet. the car looks like most everything was an afterthought...and that interior is HIDEOUS....double bumps make an already bad interior worse, and those seat look like they are trying to make an artistic seat. the seats are too squared off and dont look as nice as the e46 seats.
It will look different in person, it's substantially wider. I'm not a fan of the double bump dash, but supposdly iDrive will be an option. I don't really care how the seats look, I care about how they hold me in, and it looks they are a better design than the E46.

Ultimately, only time will tell. I'm curious to see some real performance testing and the $$$.

I'm glad I have my deposit in though. Worse comes to worse, I'll just get a 996TT.

-Adam

Old 04-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Dynamic is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MCJ
Who likes white?

Do you know where to get these in wallpaper size?

Old 04-08-2007, 12:12 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Smoltz
It will look different in person, it's substantially wider. I'm not a fan of the double bump dash, but supposdly iDrive will be an option. I don't really care how the seats look, I care about how they hold me in, and it looks they are a better design than the E46.

Ultimately, only time will tell. I'm curious to see some real performance testing and the $$$.

I'm glad I have my deposit in though. Worse comes to worse, I'll just get a 996TT.

-Adam
i would get the 996TT either way. its the better car.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I am a "hater" of this car, but I will reserve final judgment until I see it in the metal...

I thought the new TT might look good - saw one today... not too impressed.

I think I'd still go for an RS4 over the BMW - more my style.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Smoltz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
i would get the 996TT either way. its the better car.
Better for some, not neccesarily better for others. Furthermore, the car isn't available yet, so a lot remains to be seen.

-Adam

Old 04-08-2007, 03:37 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Nice find. I am still somewhat saddened by the apperance of the E92 M3. Hopefully the New V8 Engine will change my spirit and heart.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Responsible user
Bronto is infamous around these parts
wow, so it's finally here 0-100 in 4.8, it should do better than that imo..
I'm not sure about the looks yet, seing a car in person changes it all. guess you'll get used to the hoodbump and side vents. the rims are really nice!

edit: messed around a little to create merge of the new m and old csl

Last edited by Bronto; 04-08-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:20 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Damn I love this car! Especially in white!

Old 04-09-2007, 04:27 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
They did not do enough to differentiate this car from the 335, IMO. I'm not a fan.

Last edited by TUUNER; 04-09-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:19 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TUUNER
They did not do enough to different this car from the 335, IMO. I'm not a fan.
my feelings on it are exactly the same.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Carskibum is infamous around these parts
i like the new m better with the csl's. alot of the press shots has them and bmw should stick with that.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TUUNER
They did not do enough to differentiate this car from the 335, IMO.

I agree. That said, I trust the M badge and wouldn't have a problem with one being controlled by my right foot.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:15 AM
mbolo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bronto
wow, so it's finally here 0-100 in 4.8, it should do better than that imo..
I'm not sure about the looks yet, seing a car in person changes it all. guess you'll get used to the hoodbump and side vents. the rims are really nice!

edit: messed around a little to create merge of the new m and old csl

Hey Bronto,

can you give us a larger pic? And maybe one of the car in another colour? Silver/white?

Old 04-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is infamous around these parts
Old 04-10-2007, 01:58 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Still trying to work something out with my dealer. If I get one, I want an early one.

My only ***** is they axed the rear bench. I didn't use it much but I did use it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New M3 on BMW website.