BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Superb pics of an Imola Red Z4MC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 10:33 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chaseme
Those tests don't equate better track ability.

The M Coupe is essentially a brand new car, the M3 has had 6 years of test numbers done to it.

The M Coupe is 200lbs lighter than the M3, it has CSL brakes, and it has a lower CG.

And there is no way your car, un-restricted or not, is pulling 183 real speed. I think your speedo may be off after that gearing swap.

If ever the chance comes up, let's hit the track and let's give it a go.
um...theres nothing off with my speed0 dude. 183 is the top speed based on my gears, as well as tire and wheel sizes. im pretty sure i would know a little better than you, its my car, and i know whats done to it.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:38 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
also, my car doesnt have the csl brakes because it doesnt have the competition package and the tests i showed you were for the regular non csl brakes.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:07 PM
ThatOneGuy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
The Z4M has it all over the M3. The M3 is still justa glorified 323i. It is accepted by the BMW community that the E46 m3 is the biggest POS compared to the E30 and E36, neither of which randomly blow up their motors.
Not that it matters but out side of a race track you dont see Z4M's where as any high school parking lot around me is loaded up w/ E46 M3 Verts

There is no way in hell your car w/ its limited mods is pulling 183. The aeros of that car willnot permit it regardless if it had 500 whp.
This is complete b*llsh*t.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy
This is complete b*llsh*t.
yea it is. also, if you look at what i said, i said that based on my redline with my gearing the top speed is 183, i never said anything about it actually hitting that. i would guess i could hit 170-175 tho. i will be able to see soon enough-granted the airstrip has enough room for me to top it out.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 PM
The Z4M has it all over the M3. The M3 is still justa glorified 323i. It is accepted by the BMW community that the E46 m3 is the biggest POS compared to the E30 and E36, neither of which randomly blow up their motors.
Not that it matters but out side of a race track you dont see Z4M's where as any high school parking lot around me is loaded up w/ E46 M3 Verts

There is no way in hell your car w/ its limited mods is pulling 183. The aeros of that car willnot permit it regardless if it had 500 whp.
you do realize that the engine in the z4m is the SAME ENGINE IN THE M3!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:24 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

You are an absolute moron!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
You are an absolute moron!
+1 (message not long enough)

Old 06-15-2007, 03:42 AM
Mr.Vercetti is infamous around these parts
As I already wrote in another thread... the Z4MC is the most hardcore car BMW created in the last 15-20 or so years. Its a track car for the road. Its handling is much more aggresive than the M3 which is for some people good and for some people bad. The brakes, engine, gearbox, come from the M3. Now, a side by side comparo with an M3 would be very nice and very interesting to see but up to this time no magazine has attemted one.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Mr.Vercetti
As I already wrote in another thread... the Z4MC is the most hardcore car BMW created in the last 15-20 or so years. Its a track car for the road. Its handling is much more aggresive than the M3 which is for some people good and for some people bad. The brakes, engine, gearbox, come from the M3. Now, a side by side comparo with an M3 would be very nice and very interesting to see but up to this time no magazine has attemted one.
ok then, who in the NJ/NY/PA area has one? PM me and well give it a go sometime. that will solve it.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:52 AM
^Im not talking about a drag race. Im talking about a complete full scale test, that why I said magazine.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:11 AM
^Im not talking about a drag race. Im talking about a complete full scale test, that why I said magazine.
no im just messing around mostly. once you mod a car its a different story. i know that the cayman s has been the better of the two in every test that has come out ive seen. its just not my style.

Last edited by PorscheC4; 06-15-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:24 AM
You know that? For a fact?... Here is what Autocar said a few months ago, and so far every single review and every single test that Ive read says pretty much the same thing:

"While they offer similar on-paper performance, in reality the Z4 and its closest rival are courting a different sector of the public. The Porsche Cayman S is clearly going for the popular vote. It rides well, you can see out of it and it's childishly simple to drive smoothly. By contrast, the Z4M Coupe couldn't care less what most people think and targets instead a smaller constituency of hard-core road racers. What is so astonishing about the Cayman is that it still offers so much to the true enthusiast. Its appeal to the driver is more subtle than thath of the Z4M, but it is no less compelling for that. Simple logic suggests very strongly to us that for the most people the Cayman S is the preferable product."

So any Gayman wont stand a chance if the Z4MC driver has tamed his car.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:02 PM
You know that? For a fact?... Here is what Autocar said a few months ago, and so far every single review and every single test that Ive read says pretty much the same thing:

"While they offer similar on-paper performance, in reality the Z4 and its closest rival are courting a different sector of the public. The Porsche Cayman S is clearly going for the popular vote. It rides well, you can see out of it and it's childishly simple to drive smoothly. By contrast, the Z4M Coupe couldn't care less what most people think and targets instead a smaller constituency of hard-core road racers. What is so astonishing about the Cayman is that it still offers so much to the true enthusiast. Its appeal to the driver is more subtle than thath of the Z4M, but it is no less compelling for that. Simple logic suggests very strongly to us that for the most people the Cayman S is the preferable product."

So any Gayman wont stand a chance if the Z4MC driver has tamed his car.
then why does the cayman s run 8:11 at the 'ring' and the z4m run 8:15? 4 seconds is a lot of ground to make up and as you know just as well as anyone, the ring is pretty much the acid test as to how a car handles.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:11 PM
heres another. on hockenheim i found a time of 1:15.5 for the cayman s and a time of 1:17.2 there is a very clear distinction between the two on both of these world renowned tracks. the zm4 (although i hate the looks) is prob a great drivers car, and i will not say it doenst handle well, but its no cayman s.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:48 PM
The 8:15 was the lap time of the Z4M Roadster and it was wearing the Continentals, the Z4MC times havent been reelased yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Superb pics of an Imola Red Z4MC