BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

750li vs. A8L

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:16 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rakjoe
I own BMW 750Li and driven the A8, even though the A8 comes from the same family as my Lambo Murcie I am ashamed to admit that the A8 is a hunk of ****..
The car drives more like an Oldsmobile then a BMW, the interior looks like a cheap version of a Jetta, total waste of money imo.

The 750 is not perfect but it's in another league, refined, smooth, smart, innovative (used to be) and much more.
Audi is the worst company as far as overall car quality is concerned among the top Four (Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi), go waste your money somewhere else..

What a nonce.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:52 AM
alin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I agree. The A8 interior is outstanding, with a ton of great details like the disappearing nav screen, etc. And as far as Audi being crap, I've owned more than a few Audis now and I have yet to see a problem of any sort.
Having owned an E36 M3 and then and E39 M5, I have vowed never to purchase a BMW ever again. Although they possessed excellent driving dynamics, they were so full of annoying electrical gremlins and some major mechanical problems. Plus, their interiors were nothing special.

I completely agree with CfC regarding Audi interiors. I have test driven the A6, S6, A8, and Q7 considering them for a DD. Their interiors are far superior to BMW, IMHO.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:43 AM
rakjoe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jox

What a nonce.

Well, at least I was clear about what car I prefer, right?

Seriously, not much have changed in Audi since the world famous Audi 5000. They keep on chasing the other big Two German manufactures (Merc, BMW) with boring, mediocre at best, VW look alike cars...
No person who respects himself will buy and Audi over a Bimmer, they are a joke... Only decent Audi on the market today I can think of is the S4 Station wagon, I have driven it for more then 30 minutes and didn't vomit on it..

Old 07-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Whatever you say

Christian

Seriously, not much have changed in Audi since the world famous Audi 5000. They keep on chasing the other big Two German manufactures (Merc, BMW) with boring, mediocre at best, VW look alike cars...
No person who respects himself will buy and Audi over a Bimmer, they are a joke... Only decent Audi on the market today I can think of is the S4 Station wagon, I have driven it for more then 30 minutes and didn't vomit on it..

Old 07-15-2007, 10:56 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Well, blah blah bla bla blah

Seriously, blah blah blah blah
Blah blah blah...

Blah blah blah
Ok. Thank you for sharing your very eloquent thoughts.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
what else do you expect

Christian

Originally Posted by jox
Ok. Thank you for sharing your very eloquent thoughts.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:17 AM
jox
Originally Posted by Christian
what else do you expect
Well, if I had to deal with as many electrical failures as BMW owners do, perhaps I would be posting just as much nonsense and inconsistent dravel as our little Rakjoe.

In all seriousness though - I thought the 6 was above all that "Car X sucks, Car Y rules" and that we actually were mature and confident enough in our own choices to appreciate different brands for what they are...

Old 07-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute

Better to have people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth (or type in this case) and remove all doubt....

Old 07-15-2007, 12:39 PM
alin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud ofalin2 has much to be proud of
No person who respects himself will buy and Audi over a Bimmer, they are a joke...
...you seriously think this? When has self-respect become a function of what kind of car one drives?

Old 07-15-2007, 05:26 PM
rakjoe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Better to have people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth (or type in this case) and remove all doubt....
Oh sorry, I see you are a real Audiophile... did I hurt your little feelings ?

One day when you and your car illiterate buddies will grow up you will see my point that Audi was just another VW with half *** souped up engines.. Why are you getting so mad at me though? I didn't engineer the abomination known as A8.. wasn't me, promise..

Old 07-15-2007, 05:29 PM
You are the only one that needs to grow up on this topic

Christian

One day when you and your car illiterate buddies will grow up you will see my point that Audi was just another VW with half *** souped up engines.. Why are you getting so mad at me though? I didn't engineer the abomination known as A8.. wasn't me, promise..

Old 07-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute

It's apparent you couldn't engineer a complete, proper sentence, let alone an aluminum-chassised automobile as fine as the A8. Also, if you pulled your head out of your *** long enough to figure it out, you'd know I've owned a lot more than Audis. Those just happen to be in my garage right now...

And by the way, I think you meant "Audiphile". Audiophile is defined as a person who is especially interested in high-fidelity sound reproduction. If you are referring to the sweet sound of the RS4 V8 revving to 8250rpm, then you're correct.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:25 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
is just another retard from LamboPower.

Alan

Old 07-15-2007, 08:14 PM
10krpms is infamous around these parts
Rakjoe, I can't tell if it is arrogance or ignorance that makes you say such things. First off, since when does the type of car you drive determine how worthy of respect you are? A car is nothing more than an object for transportation, and anyone that profiles a person because the type of car they drive obviously isn't thinking clearly. Next, how can you even think that Audi's are "hunks of crap"? Both BMW and Audi make great cars, and the Audi's are definitely are not overpriced Volkswagen. If you honestly think that people that drive Audi's are illiterate then you truly are an idiot.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:32 PM
AwesomeBMW is infamous around these parts
ok so back to the topic at hand. Both cars are worth their weight in gold in my honest opinion. i have not driven the A8 but i have driven my dads 745Li many times and i love it a lot. it is without a doubt an incredibly sporty and surprisingly fun luxo-sports sedan...

as for the interior argument i think the 7 and the A8 have their own design sequences going on and they both look great to me. i think the A8 interior looks a little neater but i think that has more to do with the fact that i havent had the car for my personal use. whereas the 7 i have used for a week or more at a time and the interior has just become a nice usable space to me, nothing more, nothing less...

performance wise the 7 would own big time in a clean street or track race simply bc it weighs a tad less and has a more sports car ability and confidence to it...

just to point out i am a huge BMW enthusiast/car nut. i love Audi's and all of the Germans for that matter but the best are BMW and Porsche to me. so i find it quite amusing how i can give a less biased opinion than most of the people in here...

and for the record, whoever said that Audi has the most problems of the big German 4 (BMW, Porsche, Audi, Mercedes-Benz) needs to look at the records showing that MB is in the top 10 of worst reliable cars in the world...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 750li vs. A8L