BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

750li vs. A8L

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
750li vs. A8L

I've heard great things about the Audi, but I love the looks of the BMW! My biggest fear of the 7-series are the electrical problems that I've been hearing about. Can any owners chime in and shed some light on their ownership experience? What model years should I avoid? What are common problems and most importantly how reliable is it? I'm not expecting a Lexus here, but it would be nice. It also seems that the prices of the 12 cylinder models have come down as well. Any insights on those or are they nightmares? Thanks.
-Justin

Last edited by Monaco; 03-24-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:20 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
Most of the electrical problems have been squared away.

the main difference between the Audi a8L and the 750Li is that the Audi is made from aluminum, offers a bit more luxury, and is AWD.

Both are great cars for the money.
As far as looks, that's a personal thing.

Whichever way you go, it won't be a bad move.

Keep us updated.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:40 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
750 should be a lot more fun to drive compare to A8. unless it's a S8 i would take the Bimmer. or even the S550.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:53 PM
10krpms is infamous around these parts
I would get the Audi, the A8L is a way better deal in price, plus I love Audi's

Old 07-12-2007, 04:05 AM
offensivo is infamous around these parts
The Audi for me.
The amaretto interior is heavenly.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:25 AM
davyr6 is infamous around these parts
the audi is older styling especialy the interior
bmw is nicer more sporty

Old 07-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Axis is infamous around these parts
I own an 06 750Li. I've also driven the A8L. The BMW is way more fun to drive and I think it looks better. The interior of the A8L is a bit dated in my opinion. As far as problems I haven't had any and I've owned the car since January 2006.

Old 07-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Kingofcars is infamous around these parts
Don't Audis typically have horrible resale?

Old 07-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned
bmorrell is infamous around these parts
I've heard the availible W12 in the A8L cannot be beat...

Old 07-14-2007, 11:34 PM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
The Audi cannot be compared to the 750, IMO. Words like "sporty" are lost on a big sedan like the 750 and shouldn't even be mentioned. The A8 has a MUCH better interior with better materials: the 750 has a lot of cheap plastic on the inside. The Audi is more exclusive and I think it looks better on the outside, too.

Get the Audi!

P.S. Only with warranty. Things like adjustable shocks WILL fail and you don't want to foot the bill on one of those.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:59 PM
rakjoe is infamous around these parts
I own BMW 750Li and driven the A8, even though the A8 comes from the same family as my Lambo Murcie I am ashamed to admit that the A8 is a hunk of ****..
The car drives more like an Oldsmobile then a BMW, the interior looks like a cheap version of a Jetta, total waste of money imo.

The 750 is not perfect but it's in another league, refined, smooth, smart, innovative (used to be) and much more.
Audi is the worst company as far as overall car quality is concerned among the top Four (Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi), go waste your money somewhere else..

Old 07-15-2007, 01:00 AM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rakjoe
I own BMW 750Li and driven the A8, even though the A8 comes from the same family as my Lambo Murcie I am ashamed to admit that the A8 is a hunk of ****..
The car drives more like an Oldsmobile then a BMW, the interior looks like a cheap version of a Jetta, total waste of money imo.

The 750 is not perfect but it's in another league, refined, smooth, smart, innovative (used to be) and much more.
Audi is the worst company as far as overall car quality is concerned among the top Four (Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi), go waste your money somewhere else..
LMAO, what a crock of ****...

Old 07-15-2007, 01:56 AM
WTRacing is infamous around these parts
my vote goes for the Audi..

and I x2 whoever spoke of the W12 A8L

Old 07-15-2007, 06:34 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AUDIHenry
LMAO, what a crock of ****...
I agree. The A8 interior is outstanding, with a ton of great details like the disappearing nav screen, etc. And as far as Audi being crap, I've owned more than a few Audis now and I have yet to see a problem of any sort.

Before I read that nonsense, I was going to post that the BMW vs. Audi thing is almost always a personal choice (i.e. compromise) across the board/model lines. For the most part (R8/RS4 excluded), BMW makes "sportier" cars with BMW's unique styling. Having driven several newer BMWs (new 3, new 5), I concur. Audi gets you effective AWD (I've heard complaints local about BMW X-drive), top-quality materials, and their styling. For me, I'd take a 3-series over an A4, 5-series over an A6, the A8 over the 750 - excluding M and S/RS models. When I drove the A8, I was surprised how much it would "shrink" when pushing hard. For me, that's the sign of a good-driving car...

Old 07-15-2007, 07:11 AM
PGas32 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
When I drove the A8, I was surprised how much it would "shrink" when pushing hard. For me, that's the sign of a good-driving car...
This is absolutely true. It's an awesome car to beat, and I simply don't understand how anyone could knock the interior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 750li vs. A8L