BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

BMW brake pad dust!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:16 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
i changed the pads in my m3 to dustless pads and the performance was near on par with the OEM and they were as said virtually dustless, and i would do it again in a heartbeat without blinking, i didnt track and the performance difference was negligable - my porsche and benz currently have terrible dust problems and i tend on fixing that as soon as possible with dustless pads

Old 07-19-2007, 02:22 AM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Under the BMW maintenance, when your pad runs down, BMW will replace them along with the rotors... if you swap out the pads yourself, will BMW still warrant the rotors under the maintenance program?

Old 07-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by StephenTi
Under the BMW maintenance, when your pad runs down, BMW will replace them along with the rotors... if you swap out the pads yourself, will BMW still warrant the rotors under the maintenance program?

depends on the dealer. i am pretty confident one of the dealers i go to (less and less now and probably will not return anymore) would have given me problems. the other dealer i go to had no issue changing the rotors and even left the aftermarket pads in and gave me the brand new bmw pads in a box (this was on the m5). they are very understanding and i have had no issues there.

but i will place a disclaimer: at the second dealership i ONLY work with the same SA and the same tech. last time i went in for an emergency and my normal tech wasnt there and some other tech butchered some things that my guy will now have to fix next time i am in for service...

Old 07-20-2007, 08:13 AM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
I am using Axxis pads (ultimate and metal master) on my X5 and I love them! much less dusting. I also heard good things about Akebono Euros