BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Z4 3.0 Coupe vs Audi TT 3.2 V6 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:24 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Z4 3.0 Coupe vs Audi TT 3.2 V6 Coupe

Leaning towards the Z4 but wish to know your opinions.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:09 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
No help?

Old 08-16-2007, 02:35 PM
davyr6 is infamous around these parts
easy choice... z4!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 03:33 AM
mbolo is infamous around these parts
A year ago I'd have said the Z4, without hesitation. But the interior and details on the TT really blew me away.

I think you're getting more for your buck with the TT, and I'd even go as far as to say that they'll deliver pretty much the same thrill on the road..

That's from someone who wouldn't even consider an Audi three years ago.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:11 PM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
I take it you've seen this...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ab8hTv-ZU

Old 08-19-2007, 06:39 AM
^Yup, pretty good but need more opinions

Old 08-19-2007, 08:22 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
i think the tt is a fing joke...the z4 is the better performing car but its butt ugly...buy a used cayman s, its leaps and bound better than both of those cars.

Last edited by PorscheC4; 08-19-2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:49 PM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
The TT is a great car. It really depends on what you're after, though. BMWs have NEVER had good interior quality: Audis always excel in that area. Also, the TT is larger on the inside. On the other hand, due to a RWD and a more balanced layout, BMWs have a fun factor that can't be matched with FWD or Quattro. As for exterior styling, I think Audi also wins; in real life, the TT is absolutely gorgeous.

It should be noted that both of those cars have feminine qualities, though I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just perception or commentary that makes it seem that way. I've driven both the TT and the Z4 and I liked them both, but I prefer the TT.

There is a baseball stitch option on the TT that is HARDCORE.

Anyway, don't ask for people's opinions. Chances are you have some gray mass between your ears: use it. Go look at both, drive them both, and then make up your mind.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:44 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by waffle blossums
I take it you've seen this...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ab8hTv-ZU
Nice review. Strangely, I knew which is going to be the winner before the clip ends. Even though I love Bimmers, gotta go with Audi for this one. New TT is a bad ***! Wish BMW makes Z4s with 335i engines.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:14 PM
AUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these partsAUDIHenry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by datax
Nice review. Strangely, I knew which is going to be the winner before the clip ends. Even though I love Bimmers, gotta go with Audi for this one. New TT is a bad ***! Wish BMW makes Z4s with 335i engines.
Uhh, why? They have the Z4 M coupe with 40 more horseys than the 335i engines!

Old 08-20-2007, 07:21 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AUDIHenry
Just like the idea of turbos in a compact cars with lots and lots of torque, easy to tune and upgrade stuff.

Last edited by datax; 08-20-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:16 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AUDIHenry
N54 > S54

Stock, the N54 already has more torque than the S54, by the amount that the S54 has more hp. Throw a few dollars at the N54 and bye bye. The S54 will always be more fun to drive, though.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:05 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by WyattH
N54 > S54

Stock, the N54 already has more torque than the S54, by the amount that the S54 has more hp. Throw a few dollars at the N54 and bye bye. The S54 will always be more fun to drive, though.
i dont think a blanket statement like n54>s54 is right. they are two engines for two different purposes. the s54 is a high strung high reving race engine with a flat tq curve while the n54 is a turbo engine that provides more tq and doesnt rev nearly as high. lets put it this way...and not to knock the 335i because i love it and joeyg has one that ive been in and its SICK, but you wont see an n54 engine in an M car because the M cars have a different purpose as i stated. look at the GT3, that car doesnt have a lot of tq but the tq curve comes on early and flat throughout the rev range and is super fast.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Ritesh is infamous around these parts
I personally find the Z4 to be FUGLY. The new TT on the othe hand is sublime. Smooth, elegant lines. The 3.2L motor has plenty of grunt. Add to that the DSG, better interior, and some rear seat room and IMHO the choice is obvious.

TT>z4 3.0

Last edited by Ritesh; 08-26-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:28 PM
I personally think both are nice-looking cars. They are very similar in price, so that's not the issue. I know that I'll havta testdrive both but the thing TT has going for it is that it's newer so it looked at weakens of the Z4 and tried to exploit them.

So, is the DSG (I think they call it 'S-Tronic' now?) better than M/T? I.e. no loss in power and faster?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Z4 3.0 Coupe vs Audi TT 3.2 V6 Coupe