BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6
View Poll Results: Which car would you buy?
2008 fully loaded 335I
57.75%
2008 Z4 M "loaded"
42.25%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

335I loaded vs Z4 M

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 09:31 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Enilder
well i hate convertibles first of all. (sorry for those of you who love convertibles).

I was "." this close to buying E46 m3 (2006) but i made a wrong choice...
i wish i can still get E46 m3
without a doubt, you should buy a cayman S then. CPO in the low 50s.

thats the best decision you could make, better driving experience stock for stock than anything weve discussed in this thread.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:43 AM
rhudeboye is infamous around these parts
335 IMO a better looking car.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:44 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
i think its actually one of the worst looking cars on the road. boxster s and cayman s are universes better looking.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but "...one of the worst looking cars on the road.." is EXTREMELY skewed considering there are a whole lot of mingers out there. No way. Z4 looks great from almost every angle. The front could be more aggressive but that's about it. Compared to a pedestrian 3-series sedan? Ho-hum and ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:50 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tranquility
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but "...one of the worst looking cars on the road.." is EXTREMELY skewed considering there are a whole lot of mingers out there. No way. Z4 looks great from almost every angle. The front could be more aggressive but that's about it. Compared to a pedestrian 3-series sedan? Ho-hum and ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
thats my oppinion of it, obv yours differs and thats cool too. but when i see it, its trying to compete with the cayman, and the cayman is soooo much better and 'exotic' looking than the z4m, so to me, its a huge dissapointment in the looks and interior dept. like most bmws these days. interior like almost every bmw now is cold and passionless.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
thats my oppinion of it, obv yours differs and thats cool too. but when i see it, its trying to compete with the cayman, and the cayman is soooo much better and 'exotic' looking than the z4m, so to me, its a huge dissapointment in the looks and interior dept. like most bmws these days. interior like almost every bmw now is cold and passionless.
Ya, Cayman is a great car but the price diff is too large to justify the supposedly better perf (arguable). Anyways, here's hoping Alfa continues its rise. I agree BMWs are getting too common...and don't even get me started on MB.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
without a doubt, you should buy a cayman S then. CPO in the low 50s.

thats the best decision you could make, better driving experience stock for stock than anything weve discussed in this thread.
well wish i can but so $!

anybody knows rough estimate of loaded S5 by chance?
that's gonna be on the same boat as cayman S...as far as price is concerned...

Old 09-07-2007, 02:55 PM
euroaaron12 is infamous around these parts
a fully loaded cayman can be 70k.......
the Z4M is a drivers car. it doesnt have run flats or active steering. making it a blast to drive. 335s have good performance numbers but i find them boring compared to an M car. (its just a 3 series) id go with the Z4M (coupe or roadster) but i am a little biased

Old 09-07-2007, 04:19 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Im in the same boat. I decided on the 335i.
That, or Boxster S.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:32 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Tristan
See the following:
MMMmmm, that car looks insane!

I'm a big fan of the 335i. But until all the DME hiccups are cured (in terms of higher boost applications) I'm just going wait and keep my $$$ in the bank.

I don't think I'd even consider a Z4M though. The practicallity of that car is nill IMO. It just depends on what your needs are I guess. If it weren't a DD, I might consider it.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by Tristan
See the following:
Thanks for my car to make your point I'll take that as a compliment

Old 09-07-2007, 08:16 PM
emthree is infamous around these parts
Z4M Modded up would be my choice.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:52 PM
kumar75150 is infamous around these parts
I went and looked at both today and preferred the M coupe myself. The 335i is just too bland looking in my eyes and the Z4M looks mean as hell.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
If you don't need the space definitelly go for the Z4. Looks sweet, great engine, loads of fun...

Old 09-07-2007, 11:04 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
335i is clearly a better daily driver. it has rear seats, comfortable front seats, lots of space in general... just a much more comfortable car. its a little too girly for my tastes. i feel as if the car has no drivers soul, its too comfy and smooth... while a great performer its difficult to feel one with the car and road. a person who is looking for these luxuries will really enjoy this car because its so easy to drive. u can put people in the back if somehow its necessary. u can also take stuff with u and u have a nice big trunk as well. its a daily dream driver and very nimble. if u don't enjoy driving that much this car will change ur mind.

the M Z4 Coupe is a totally unusual car. looks are love it or hate it. with some OEM CSL wheels call it a day. the car is very refined-rugged. its a much different experience than the 335i. tranny and engine are much rougher, and so is the suspension stiffness. driver feel is more connected to the road. no space for anything and can get annoying if ur used to more space. snug seats make u feel in drivers mode at all times. the shape of the car makes for a great experience especially hearing that S54 roar. very nimble but a little rough for daily driving if u are used to an even more refined ride. if u are a real driver this will put a huge smile on ur face.

definitely drive both beforehand, 2 different beasts...

Last edited by DYL 911; 09-07-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
it appears to be that it's personal preference...(well always)
dont necessarily need back space and dont need the "huge" trunk space.
i had g35 coupe and never used back seat.
trunk had enough space to hold whatever i needed to put so it was ok.
however, i will testdrive both before i order one.

CSL rims look good on any bimmer IMO haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335I loaded vs Z4 M