BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6
View Poll Results: Which car would you buy?
2008 fully loaded 335I
57.75%
2008 Z4 M "loaded"
42.25%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

335I loaded vs Z4 M

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:33 PM
TTony is infamous around these partsTTony is infamous around these parts
Some interesting commentary from Car and Driver who drove them head to head in the 2007 Lightning Challenge at VIR.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...35i-coupe.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...4-m-coupe.html

There's video on it here:

http://www.caranddriver.com/carvideos/

Go to "Max Performance" --> "The Lightning Lap" --> Part III of V

Sounds like the 335 is the way to go...

Old 09-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTony
Some interesting commentary from Car and Driver who drove them head to head in the 2007 Lightning Challenge at VIR.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...35i-coupe.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...4-m-coupe.html

There's video on it here:

http://www.caranddriver.com/carvideos/

Go to "Max Performance" --> "The Lightning Lap" --> Part III of V

Sounds like the 335 is the way to go...
thanks for sharing

Old 09-14-2007, 06:45 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
That sucks if a mundane 3 series sedan can really out-track a M Coupe.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:03 AM
TTony is infamous around these partsTTony is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Enilder
thanks for sharing
YW, check this out also...

335 pulls on Z4M coupe (for some reason, I really like the stance of the M coupe in this video)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwejISnDn0[/media]

start this at the 2min mark, the beginning is a waste of time... here the M coupe outruns a 335.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNJ3pX_h1E[/media]

I still think you should check out the Civ... uh, I mean IS-F also!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGzxddyrwZk[/media]

Old 09-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Benzwiz is infamous around these parts
Gotta remember that the 335 is pretty heavy car compared to the Z4M. It should actually be a pretty simple choice since these two cars are so different.
You either want a two seater, ***** to the wall driver's car that looks mean with a NA engine with a varing redline (awesome!). Or you want more of a tourer car with more body roll but the ability to seat 4, big trunk, easily moddable engine.
As a 335i sedan owner, I actually would have rather an M coupe if I could have afforded it mostly b/c I love throwing around the corners and as mentioned already lve to feel at one with the car, although, I would have sprung for a CPO's Cayman S - amazing at the limit.
my $.02

Old 09-15-2007, 09:49 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Benzwiz
Gotta remember that the 335 is pretty heavy car compared to the Z4M. It should actually be a pretty simple choice since these two cars are so different.
You either want a two seater, ***** to the wall driver's car that looks mean with a NA engine with a varing redline (awesome!). Or you want more of a tourer car with more body roll but the ability to seat 4, big trunk, easily moddable engine.
As a 335i sedan owner, I actually would have rather an M coupe if I could have afforded it mostly b/c I love throwing around the corners and as mentioned already lve to feel at one with the car, although, I would have sprung for a CPO's Cayman S - amazing at the limit.
my $.02
cayman s is better than them all! go with that

Old 09-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice

335 pulls on Z4M coupe (for some reason, I really like the stance of the M coupe in this video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwejISnDn0

start this at the 2min mark, the beginning is a waste of time... here the M coupe outruns a 335.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNJ3pX_h1E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGzxddyrwZk

First vid is 6MT Proceed 335i vs Stock Z4M

Second vid is 6AT Stock 335i vs Stock Z4M obviously the wieght difference helped alot

IS-F is a Joke Lexus's are for retired folk..

My opinon get the 335i alot more practical and once modded it's not comparison not even in the handling department no matter what the ///Brochure says.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwejISnDn0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNJ3pX_h1E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGzxddyrwZk

~350 lighter M coupe > proceded 335i...hmm...interesting...
i am on e90post and i've seen a post that 335i with procede puts down 320+ rwhp. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47377
quite impressed with what 335i can do

Old 09-15-2007, 07:04 PM
euroaaron12 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
cayman s is better than them all! go with that
a fully loaded cayman is 70k. u might as well get a Z06

Old 09-15-2007, 07:47 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by euroaaron12
a fully loaded cayman is 70k. u might as well get a Z06
i hate corvettes! and american cars for the most part...if i were to buy an american sports car...viper def, 600 hp in 08 cars for 83K. i dont want just raw power, i want a car that is great handling, fast, great fit and finish and doesnt fall apart or get too hot inside like the z06 and viper.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:56 PM
i hate corvettes! and american cars for the most part...if i were to buy an american sports car...viper def, 600 hp in 08 cars for 83K. i dont want just raw power, i want a car that is great handling, fast, great fit and finish and doesnt fall apart or get too hot inside like the z06 and viper.
i am with you on that one...though i like corvettes, that will be my last choice out of all the cars.

cayman is definately out of my choices because...
1. if i get cayman, i will get s, not regular.
2. cayman s loades is off my budget
so...335i or m coupe.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Enilder
i am with you on that one...though i like corvettes, that will be my last choice out of all the cars.

cayman is definately out of my choices because...
1. if i get cayman, i will get s, not regular.
2. cayman s loades is off my budget
so...335i or m coupe.
I will tell you this -- I currently own a C6Z06 and have owned a CaymanS. If you are a true driving enthusiast you will appreciate the CaymanS in spades. If the CaymanS is out of your budget, then a Z06 is as well. If you really want a drivers car, look at a used CaymanS. Hell, I sold mine with 6,000 miles in February for $51K. If you want a sedan style sports car, get the 335i. I just ordered one myself because I am selling the Z06. I absolutely would not get a regualr C6 Vette. I had one of those as well. They are nice enough cars but they all (including the Z06) lack greatly in build quality and interior appointments. I love the performance of my Z06 and would like to hang on to it until the Spring but other factors are requiring me to sell it right now. Having said that, I would still be looking to sell it in the Spring anyhow as I only planned on keeping it 1 year to begin with.

Last edited by amerlemans; 09-15-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I will tell you this -- I currently own a C6Z06 and have owned a CaymanS. If you are a true driving enthusiast you will appreciate the CaymanS in spades. If the CaymanS is out of your budget, then a Z06 is as well. If you really want a drivers car, look at a used CaymanS. Hell, I sold mine with 6,000 miles in February for $51K. If you want a sedan style sports car, get the 335i. I just ordered one myself because I am selling the Z06. I absolutely would not get a regualr C6 Vette. I had one of those as well. They are nice enough cars but they all (including the Z06) lack greatly in build quality and interior appointments. I love the performance of my Z06 and would like to hang on to it until the Spring but other factors are requiring me to sell it right now. Having said that, I would still be looking to sell it in the Spring anyhow as I only planned on keeping it 1 year to begin with.
congrats scott! u didnt tell me u ordered one. how longs the wait?

Old 09-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by amerlemans
what color combo did you get?

one other reason is that porsche service seems to be quite expensive and i will be keeping this car for at least 2 years+.
it will be modded but i've not planned to do heavy engine and exterior mod (turbo upgrade/widebody and etc.).
i still have time to think about this but i am leaning toward 335i atm...
trying to save up for porsche later!

Old 09-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
congrats scott! u didnt tell me u ordered one. how longs the wait?
Thanks Greg. Yeah, I just finalized my choices yesterday. Getting Sapphire black with saddle brown interior. I wanted the Piano Black trim but thats only available in Europe so I am getting grey poplar and will then try to get the Piano Black trim aftermarket. The dealer will put the order in Monday morning. They say they have two slots for immediate production and say it could be in as early as the first week in November. I will know for sure on Monday. If not, then mid Nov which is cool as well as it gives me a little extra time to sell the Z. Just to get my mind clear, I am going to take the first $65K that is offered. I am so glad I bought that car for what I did ($7K under MSRP). If I would have paid MSRP (or more) like most did, I would be absolutely sick at this point.

Last edited by amerlemans; 09-16-2007 at 07:02 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335I loaded vs Z4 M