BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6
View Poll Results: Which car would you buy?
2008 fully loaded 335I
57.75%
2008 Z4 M "loaded"
42.25%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

335I loaded vs Z4 M

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Enilder
what color combo did you get?

one other reason is that porsche service seems to be quite expensive and i will be keeping this car for at least 2 years+.
it will be modded but i've not planned to do heavy engine and exterior mod (turbo upgrade/widebody and etc.).
i still have time to think about this but i am leaning toward 335i atm...
trying to save up for porsche later!
I completely understand but remember if you get a CPO's CaymanS you would be good from a warranty standpoint beyond your anticipated hold period even if you picked up an '05. A turbo (from TPC in Jessup, MD) would be absolutely sick in one of those cars. Myself, I want to take a little break from 2 seater cars and get in a GT style car for a little while.

See my previous post re: color combo. Can't really go wrong with any of those that you are considering. Good luck man.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:57 AM
kumar75150 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
i hate corvettes! and american cars for the most part...if i were to buy an american sports car...viper def, 600 hp in 08 cars for 83K. i dont want just raw power, i want a car that is great handling, fast, great fit and finish and doesnt fall apart or get too hot inside like the z06 and viper.
Ive seen about 20 of your posts in this forum and thats enough to form the opinion that you dont know what you are talking about. Keep typing. Its quite comical. I can understand not liking American cars (I dont like some of the things either) but wanting a Viper over the Z06 and then stating you "dont want just raw power, i want a car that is great handling, fast, great fit and finish and doesnt fall apart or get too hot" is just plain dumb. That reasoning should easily lead you to chose the Z06 OVER the Viper.

As for the original thread, I drove the M coupe and 335i back to back at two seperate dealerships. If you want an overall nice car, the 335i is great all around package. Its a better daily driver etc etc. For nuts like me though, the M coupe is sooooooooo much more fun to drive. Its not just about the numbers. Personally, I think the E43 M3 is also more fun than the 335i. I went in to make a deal on a M coupe in shorts and a t-shirt and one salesman didnt even give me the time of day.

Last edited by kumar75150; 09-16-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:36 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kumar75150
Ive seen about 20 of your posts in this forum and thats enough to form the opinion that you dont know what you are talking about. Keep typing. Its quite comical. I can understand not liking American cars (I dont like some of the things either) but wanting a Viper over the Z06 and then stating you "dont want just raw power, i want a car that is great handling, fast, great fit and finish and doesnt fall apart or get too hot" is just plain dumb. That reasoning should easily lead you to chose the Z06 OVER the Viper.

As for the original thread, I drove the M coupe and 335i back to back at two seperate dealerships. If you want an overall nice car, the 335i is great all around package. Its a better daily driver etc etc. For nuts like me though, the M coupe is sooooooooo much more fun to drive. Its not just about the numbers. Personally, I think the E43 M3 is also more fun than the 335i. I went in to make a deal on a M coupe in shorts and a t-shirt and one salesman didnt even give me the time of day.
hm...im not even going to say anything about your first comment because obv you dont have the reading comprehension to understand what i said. maybe i should clarify, because it seems your the one who has no idea what youre talking about. the z06 and the viper both handle well, the viper you just need the ***** to drive it and be able to handle what it can do for you given the driving skill set. i DO like raw feeling power, i.e. porsches, ///M cars, ferraris etc. i just think the american cars appeal more to people who like just straight line speed, and thats not me. that is what i meant. i like twisties and generally a well rounded car more than just straight line speed.
also, the reason i would choose the viper is because you dont see tons of them like you do corvettes (which are a dime a dozen), i hate the looks of the corvetter (one of the worst looking IMO) and the viper looks so f*ing mean in person. i would choose based mostly on looks if i HAD to buy an american car. i dont think that will be happening tho any time soon if ever.

im sure the m coupe is a great car to drive, but i cant get over the grotesque looks. the 335i is nice too, but its not an M car. but then again, its a great car for a daily, but for me personally, ill take an e46 m3 for a daily over a 335 any day because its such a good overall package and the high revving i6 is great.

Last edited by PorscheC4; 09-16-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I completely understand but remember if you get a CPO's CaymanS you would be good from a warranty standpoint beyond your anticipated hold period even if you picked up an '05. A turbo (from TPC in Jessup, MD) would be absolutely sick in one of those cars. Myself, I want to take a little break from 2 seater cars and get in a GT style car for a little while.

See my previous post re: color combo. Can't really go wrong with any of those that you are considering. Good luck man.
is it possible how much you paid?
one that i configured was just above 50k (50,XXX) and it seems to be I have to order one...
what's the market like for 335i?
for my G coupe, i paid 500?600? over invoice so...5k below MSRP.

i think i will go with 335i at this point thanks for sharing info though!
really appreciate it!!!

Old 09-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
is it possible how much you paid?
one that i configured was just above 50k (50,XXX) and it seems to be I have to order one...
what's the market like for 335i?
for my G coupe, i paid 500?600? over invoice so...5k below MSRP.

i think i will go with 335i at this point thanks for sharing info though!
really appreciate it!!!
Good choice

You have a PM from me

Old 09-18-2007, 08:36 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I just went with a new Mcoupe...and when raced OVER 100 mph, the m doesnt have a problem with the 335...but ya, the 335 has a **** load of torque which is sooo kick *** down low...but I feel the M coupe isnt about going fast at all really...its about manhandling the **** out of it and mastering the machine... as far as porsche and its competitor, the cayman makes a master out of the driver...the Z4m takes a master to DRIVE...

Old 09-19-2007, 07:15 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sechsgang
I just went with a new Mcoupe...and when raced OVER 100 mph, the m doesnt have a problem with the 335...but ya, the 335 has a **** load of torque which is sooo kick *** down low...but I feel the M coupe isnt about going fast at all really...its about manhandling the **** out of it and mastering the machine... as far as porsche and its competitor, the cayman makes a master out of the driver...the Z4m takes a master to DRIVE...

ah whatever...we are sooo racing. 50 mph roll?!? and what the hell happened to the m3?!? and what about all the mod you already had for it...although, the mods should bolt onto the z4m too right?

Old 09-19-2007, 08:27 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
ah whatever...we are sooo racing. 50 mph roll?!? and what the hell happened to the m3?!? and what about all the mod you already had for it...although, the mods should bolt onto the z4m too right?

nah, i doubt they will work on the z4m but I had them from my LAST m3...so Ill just sell em now...Im keeping the z4m pretty close to stock short of some pads, fluid, ss lines and some r comps on extra rims.

Ill take a go with you but with what YOUR car has done to it...it BETTER beat mine...haha...those 4.10s are DANGEROUS in a M3!!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 09:36 AM
nah, i doubt they will work on the z4m but I had them from my LAST m3...so Ill just sell em now...Im keeping the z4m pretty close to stock short of some pads, fluid, ss lines and some r comps on extra rims.

Ill take a go with you but with what YOUR car has done to it...it BETTER beat mine...haha...those 4.10s are DANGEROUS in a M3!!!!
yea...the 4.10 are handful...i just wanna have some fun...hopefully joey can come too.

what do you still have left over from your m3...anything i dont have???

i think keeping it stock is fine...youve got the turbo for the modder!

Old 09-19-2007, 11:50 AM
yea...the 4.10 are handful...i just wanna have some fun...hopefully joey can come too.

what do you still have left over from your m3...anything i dont have???

i think keeping it stock is fine...youve got the turbo for the modder!
and you dont even KNOW whats on the horizon...haha

All I have are the SS race exhaust and H&R PCS coilovers and TMS sways

Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 PM
and you dont even KNOW whats on the horizon...haha

All I have are the SS race exhaust and H&R PCS coilovers and TMS sways
oh...really? whats on the horizon?

dude...front and rear sways? shoot me a pm with how much youre looking to get.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:42 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Get a room you two! HAHAHA jk jk

Ok, #1...Drew, you are a maniac! I cant wait to see whats up w this M Coupe...*cough*CSL wheels*cough*

and Greg, i think you are going to have the most mods on an M3 EVER by the time your done with this car. Seriously, you have EVERYTHING on that thing...but where are the picssss?!!?!!!?!???

Old 09-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
well i wont be tracking so...i guess it's 335i or perhaps...S5?!
i perfer rwd though

Old 09-19-2007, 01:26 PM
well i wont be tracking so...i guess it's 335i or perhaps...S5?!
i perfer rwd though

dude, be bold! get an s5, and then have it converted to RWD!

Old 09-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Get a room you two! HAHAHA jk jk

Ok, #1...Drew, you are a maniac! I cant wait to see whats up w this M Coupe...*cough*CSL wheels*cough*

and Greg, i think you are going to have the most mods on an M3 EVER by the time your done with this car. Seriously, you have EVERYTHING on that thing...but where are the picssss?!!?!!!?!???
haha...even with as much mods i have and the mods coming, there are still a few others out there who have much more than me. i wont go FI tho, so my modding is almost maxxed out performance wise.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335I loaded vs Z4 M