BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

another sub par m3 review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:55 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
another sub par m3 review

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...it/mfbmw14.xml

reviews continue to get worse...a few quotes

"If you start to turn things off in this car you'd better be absolutely sure you know what you're doing, and even then you should think twice - carefully."

"It has a restless quality, however, and at times that willingness to turn can become a liability. At one point, I braked before a corner and the front wheels tried to lock up and set off the ABS, so I changed into second gear and the rears tried to lock; I turned in and the fronts slid wide, then the whole car started to drift sideways, then the rear wheels slid wide. OK, the roads were very slippery, but it was the way the M3 let go that was worrying. It never gave the first indication that it was going to slide, unlike the Jaguar XKR, for example, which in similar circumstances will telegraph its intentions with every move. Of course there are electronic devices to keep the M3 on the road, but you rely rather heavily on them at times."

"a heavy-duty car with a lot of performance and not a lot of feedback to the driver. What feedback you do get tells you that if you use its performance, it feels horribly almost out of control for quite a lot of the time."

Old 09-10-2007, 02:15 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Here's another

"The car is untypical of M-sport's traditional understatement and makes the Audi RS4 look very grown up."

Old 09-10-2007, 02:35 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NickyBlack
Here's another

"The car is untypical of M-sport's traditional understatement and makes the Audi RS4 look very grown up."
yea, thats ones gotta hit home very strongly with bmw.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Ouch. BMW needs to get this sorted out. The styling misadventure complicated by this......

Old 09-10-2007, 05:00 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Miss the classic lines of the E46 M3

Old 09-10-2007, 05:33 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
wow, bad news for an awesome car (or so it seems)

Old 09-10-2007, 05:44 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
What a shame, long live the E46 (and predecessors)

Old 09-10-2007, 06:58 PM
BankBuster23 is infamous around these parts
sure made the XKR look good though....

Old 09-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
What a shame, long live the E46 (and predecessors)
amen to that brother! when you getting another one anyway martin?

Old 09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
amen to that brother! when you getting another one anyway martin?
Looking for the right one is impossible lol, but shortly! I have so many thoughts going through my head its not even funny, dare I say im growing out of car's but want so many?? Oxymoron LOL!

Old 09-10-2007, 07:41 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
ugh im just so tired of the red M3 that has been written about time and time again

As a note to all... if you do decide to buy the (ambiguously gay duo) e92/e90 M3 please don't buy it in red...

Thank you

Last edited by 996TTDave; 09-10-2007 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Apparently I was drunk
Old 09-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Looking for the right one is impossible lol, but shortly! I have so many thoughts going through my head its not even funny, dare I say im growing out of car's but want so many?? Oxymoron LOL!
i know how you fell man. i wanna get an suv, and would like to pick up a RR sport or cayenne s. but then i think, i could get a 996TT, or a 997S, or a cayman S and supercharge it. so many thoughts, i cant figure out what to do. gonna try to wait and see what comes about as a lot of new cars are coming out this spring, so maybe ill wait.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
ugh im just of the red M3 - please a note to all, if you buy the red (ambiguously gay duo) M3 please dont buy it in red...
look dave, i dont speak spanish! im not completely sure what you typed, but i think youre saying dont get a red m3.

Greg

Old 09-10-2007, 07:47 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
i know how you fell man. i wanna get an suv, and would like to pick up a RR sport or cayenne s. but then i think, i could get a 996TT, or a 997S, or a cayman S and supercharge it. so many thoughts, i cant figure out what to do. gonna try to wait and see what comes about as a lot of new cars are coming out this spring, so maybe ill wait.
i dunno bout you but getting an SUV was one of the worst mistakes i have made - i bought a range a bit back... 2 months later, it was gone - i just couldnt take it anymore, it sucked

Old 09-10-2007, 07:48 PM
look dave, i dont speak spanish! im not completely sure what you typed, but i think youre saying dont get a red m3.

Greg

HOLY COW! am i drunk?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: another sub par m3 review